Steam Sales

St Marco

Pretty sweet.

They have Super Meat Boy for £3, it only released the other day and has a 90% metacritic score. It is a great game and is well addictive. Fear 2 for £2.49 is pretty good too!

Hopefully FM11 gets put in the daily deals as still not picked it up yet.

The sale lasts until 2nd of January.

But there are 2 types of sales. You got the titles that will stay reduced until the 2nd. Which tend to be older games. Then you got the daily sales which are newer games or games with a big reduction and that lasts only 24hrs. The new ones get put up at 6pm every day until the 2nd.

• 6 months later...

Steam summer sales started yesterday so thought would give people a heads up! These are normally better then the xmas ones as they have a whole load of them each day.

http://store.steampowered.com/

Got Elder Scrolls Oblivion game of the year edition for a fiver, not bad!

The Valve pack of

Team Fortress Classic,

Team Fortress 2,

Day of Defeat,

Deathmatch Classic,

Half-Life: Opposing Force,

Ricochet,

Half-Life,

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero,

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes,

Half-Life: Blue Shift,

Half-Life 2,

Counter-Strike: Source,

Half-Life: Source,

Day of Defeat: Source,

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch,

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast,

Half-Life Deathmatch: Source,

Half-Life 2: Episode One,

Half-Life 2: Episode Two,

Portal,

Portal 2

Left 4 Dead,

Left 4 Dead 2,

for £24.99 is pretty awesome too

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I would say the Total War series was similar. They will be in the steam sales no doubt about it and will be cheap. I'd recomend Shogun 2 and Empire. But if you want more ancient era go for Medieval 2 or Rome. You can't go wrong with those games!

Or Civilization 5.

Cheers, I played the medieval one ages ago and loved it but the graphics kept crashing. Do you need any special graphics card to play them or would any with a new laptop be enough? (pretty high spec work one but doubtful graphics card is any good).

I'm no computer expert but I imagine you do need a decent ish pc to play them. At least the newer ones will as they are very detailed. But I think for Rome total war you should be ok. I imagine civ 5 should be ok too.

I would say the Total War series was similar. They will be in the steam sales no doubt about it and will be cheap. I'd recomend Shogun 2 and Empire. But if you want more ancient era go for Medieval 2 or Rome. You can't go wrong with those games!

Or Civilization 5.

Would imagine Civ 5 might be in the sale as it's been around for a bit. Actually reinstalled it on my machine this morning and had a play - didn't realise it supported 3D Vision which added another twist to an excellent game!

Not sure what I'm going to get - have already bought COD Black Ops II, Borderlands II and CSGO recently - however will definitely look out for a bargain :)

Maybe time to pick up Skrim this holiday then!

Could be expensive. Bought Skyrim a while ago and realised that it was GFX bound so bought a new GFX card (3D support etc). Then the card was so quick that Skyrim was bound by the CPU so had to upgrade the motherboard. Whilst I was doing all that thought I may as well get the 3D monitor and glasses to make it a real gaming experience.

Yup, Skyrim is good but there could be consequences :)

Would imagine Civ 5 might be in the sale as it's been around for a bit. Actually reinstalled it on my machine this morning and had a play - didn't realise it supported 3D Vision which added another twist to an excellent game!

Not sure what I'm going to get - have already bought COD Black Ops II, Borderlands II and CSGO recently - however will definitely look out for a bargain :)

Forgot about Borderlands 2!

There have been a lot of decent games out this year that should be in the sale

There are a few more i'm hoping for like the new F1 game, Rayman Origins, Walking dead series, lego batman 2, Darksiders 2, Sleeping dogs, Dark Souls games, Torchlight 2, Dishonured, Hitman etc. Maybe pick up Resident Evil 6 if it is under a fiver....

The Call of duty games normally get their sale on xmas eve or xmas day. The old rule is never buy something that is not in the daily deal section because chances are it will be a daily deal eventually and be even cheaper.

Just looking down my list of games I've got this year and these are probably worth a purchase if they are heavily discounted:

Rayman Originals (St Marco reminded me!)

Borderlands II

Duke Nukem Forever (need a meaty machine)

Skyrim

Peggle Deluxe (love it!)

Portal 2 (or if you can get both Portals for a good price)

Civilization V

Mind you, there are some decent games to install first if you want freebies:

Trackmania (racing game)

Team Fortress 2

Black Mesa

Artic Combat

Blacklight Retribution

Remember though don't buy any unless they are in the flash sale as eventually they will get put in flash deals. If you buy something that isnt in there yet you run the risk of it getting discounted further.

Last year they had FM12 for around a tenner.

They change every 10 hours so just keep checking back. You can also vote for certain deals to be put up. Like right now you can vote for either Limbo, Braid or Monkey Island. All three of those games are amazing and will be major cheap i.e £2

Got a smoking hot deal here for sleeping dogs limited edition

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sleeping-dogs-limited-edition-greenmangaming-66-off-with-code-7-14-3-cashback-4-1420528#post16631925

Go to greenmangaming, put game in cart, add code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 at checkout. Select £3 cashback means it works out at .......£4. Or choose the £4 credit option and works out at £3. Awesome!

It is activated on steam so hence counts as steam sale :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far, I've picked up Tomb Raider ( 7.49 ), Wargame Airland Battle ( pricey at 14.99 ) and Dishonored ( £5.05 or something ).

Feel a little guilty for not getting Tomb Raider when it was released. It's very good.

• 5 months later...
S*d that - Counterstrike Global Offensive (CSGO) is £2.99! What an amazing game and a complete bargain, come and join in the server fun at 81.19.213.174:27015

Buy it now and have a few beers tonight and come and say hello :)

That, for the uninitiated, is an invitation to a virtual massacre.

"have a few beers, pap" = my already crap reflexes, coupled with complete non-knowledge of Counter Strike Maps, will have me in spectator mode for most of the evening.

The savvy will know what I mean.

That, for the uninitiated, is an invitation to a virtual massacre.

"have a few beers, pap" = my already crap reflexes, coupled with complete non-knowledge of Counter Strike Maps, will have me in spectator mode for most of the evening.

The savvy will know what I mean.

And welcome to the server called "[uK]TheGrumpyOldGits.co.uk[ToG]CSGO Casual NO AUTO/AWP" - pull up a chair and don't worry about the smell...