Tories allow foreign criminals and terrorists to enter UK.

OVER THE HILL

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
That is why Teresa is fuming about it and has suspended the chief of the border force. You really must try harder my Marxist friend.

But that would be her reaction if caught out, wouldn't it. Smokescreen, bluff call it what you will. I bet that, at the end of the day, they find a memo with her signature on it.

But that would be her reaction if caught out, wouldn't it. Smokescreen, bluff call it what you will. I bet that, at the end of the day, they find a memo with her signature on it.

Oh dear, the conspiracy theorists have been let loose on the forum.

Reading between the lines, I am guessing this is what happened:-

i) cuts / lack of investment leads to four hour waiting times at Heathrow

ii) police etc have to spend time sorting out public order problems at Heathrow because of four hour waiting times

iii) someone says "we need to cut these massive waiting times". Many solutions on the table, only one that doesn't involve spending more money.

iv) Option cheap is chosen, and security checks are relaxed

v) news story breaks

vi) Government claims to be fuming over the breach

Now, this is what will probably happen....

i) More and more evidence comes out that the decision came from on high

ii) Teresa May ends up resigning

iii) New minister arrives, faces four hour waiting times at Heathrow....

Welcome to the merry-go-around of British politics....

The last labout government let alsorts of undesirables into the country. so dont just blame the coalition governent.

But having said that if the liberals were in power , we would have a border or immigration service.

Well, it's not really a party issue, VW.

All governments will let loads of undesirables into the country. That's just a consequence of immigration. Even if someone has a clean criminal record, how do you know that said person is not an evil genius who simply hasn't got caught?

That said, this latest breach has taken place under the Coalition's watch, so you can't really blame anyone else for this particular incident.

As usual, pap, I think you have summed this up well.

When ever anything slightly political is posted on here the usual gang show up and start name calling and mud slinging.

Good job we don't have people posting provocative thread titles to rattle the cages of these naughty name callers and mud slingers then....

Good job we don't have people posting provocative thread titles to rattle the cages of these naughty name callers and mud slingers then....

There are some people on here I'd love to have a good genuine debate with but I just know that the threads will go off on a tangent quicker than you can say 'Loony Leftie'...

As usual, pap, I think you have summed this up well.

When ever anything slightly political is posted on here the usual gang show up and start name calling and mud slinging.

Which is a bloody shame in my view. If there is one thing that I've learned in my 36 years of existence, it's that no political party is worth my allegiance or unswerving support. I find it amazing that so many people see either Labour or Conservative as the sole prism for addressing their concerns.

For hopefully the last time, no political party cares about us. They just care about how they look to us. Not remotely the same thing.

Not very convincing performance in parliament today by Teresa May but Cameron made a point of staying by her side so I guess she is safe for now.

Whistle blower interviewed on BBC news claims staff shortages are the main problem, although government departments are cutting back this seems to me to be a false economy when set against the security of this country.

Not very convincing performance in parliament today by Teresa May but Cameron made a point of staying by her side so I guess she is safe for now.

Whistle blower interviewed on BBC news claims staff shortages are the main problem, although government departments are cutting back this seems to me to be a false economy when set against the security of this country.

He'll be there for now. I have a feeling that the Mail and Express will run with this.

I've no love for the Tories.

But Labour started this influx. To blame this balls-up on the Tories is perhaps correct in this case but the real culprits of the waves and waves of illegal and even 'legal' immigrants lies squarely at the door of New Labour and their open doors policy.

I have a feeling that the Mail and Express will run with this.

The Daily Mail not happy with the home secretary.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058634/Theresa-May-UK-Border-Agency-scandal-How-criminals-let-unknown.html

Some talk of laying off 5,200 staff because of cut backs, lots buck passing about who is to blaim, etc.

This cock-up. The cat-lie cock-up. Her handling of protest cock-up. Her views on homosexuality cock-up. Just her, I'll be glad when Theresa May is gone. She is utterly unlikeable.

Yeah, but she did a cracking double set with Vida Garman though. Think i've still got this in the loft somewhere...:poundit:

I've no love for the Tories.

But Labour started this influx. To blame this balls-up on the Tories is perhaps correct in this case but the real culprits of the waves and waves of illegal and even 'legal' immigrants lies squarely at the door of New Labour and their open doors policy.

Fair point

The Daily Mail not happy with the home secretary.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058634/Theresa-May-UK-Border-Agency-scandal-How-criminals-let-unknown.html

Some talk of laying off 5,200 staff because of cut backs, lots buck passing about who is to blaim, etc.

It all depends whether they decide to continue with running this story and how hard they go down on her. It's sad really, that so much of government policy is dictated by a moronic newspaper.