Stuck Window

SuperMikey

Hello chums

It's getting warmer again, and I like to have my bedroom window open during this time of year as it lets a nice breeze in through my room. However, the window is stuck.

The key turns in the lock, but the handle itself jams in the position it's in in the second picture. It's the type of window where you can tilt it or open it fully.

Any tips for getting it open again that don't require any dismantling of the window? I'm renting so can't afford to damage it.

Will put up some pics of the type of window that it is.

Edited by SuperMikey

See the key that is on the handle, what you need to do is turn it so the window is unlocked, then hold it down, gently pushing the window until it opens. The window should remain open until you pull it towards you, again turning the key to make sure it is again "stuck"

As you're renting if there is a problem the landlord should sort this out. Ring the agency or landlord directly. Although they might advise you stick a few bin liners on in the heat of summer and use it to help you lose weight.

Super Michael; I am inclined to agree with Turkish on this matter.

If this was something different, such as you fiddling the 'leccy meter, I could understand a reluctance to ring the landlord. However, unless you've fecked the window yourself ( a heady combination of masturbation and Araldite does the trick ) I think you are perfectly within your rights to get a man in.

I was hoping to sort it out myself, but I might have to. I don't need to lose weight, i'm perfect already.

Also, on the weight loss thing, be careful of who you take your advice from.

I put on a sh!tload of weight during 1995-96, kept asking the missus if I had. She said no.

Despite the assurances, many of my so-called friends called me a fat c**t on returning to Southampton. Some people even asked "when it was due".

Why are you trying to force it to the left when the diagram below the handle clearly says move it to the right? :?

I think that's just an illustration - it moves left. I'll probably just get the landlord to sort it out then.

Thanks for the help guys.

PS: I've always been a fat bastard!

Just check it isn't a transfer window, they won't open when you want them to , ever

No, I had it open for pretty much the whole of last summer (except when I went out, obviously). Closed it when it got cold in October/November and haven't opened it since. Went to try it today and found it's stuck...

551px-Sledgehammer.png

I think you'll find that inadmissable as evidence, sir.

The Hammer Act of 1991, drafted in recognition of global messiah MC Hammer, clearly stipulates that each depiction of a hammer must be preceded with the text "Stop. Hammer time".

I've just been over to Screwfix's site and they are in a WORLD of trouble.