Jump to content

Hawkswood

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    710
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hawkswood

  1. What I will say, what I was really happy about and Im sure a few people noticed was before the game when I saw the subs. We have proper depth for the first time in years. Also impressed with Ralphs subs and the timing of them also. MoM toss up betweem Adams and KWP for me
  2. I see lots of people voted Ely MoM. I really dont get it. Can someone please explain to me why ? Im really not sure what he adds and was in the second half always making the wrong decisions.
  3. Im still a Ralph fan......( just) and its almost impossible to argue with your points about team selection ie Walcott over Tella etc and his late subs. But we are playing quite well and it also begs the more important question : replace him with who ? And dont say Howe !
  4. I agree. I thought it was a red card also, especially under current rules.
  5. Everyone is saying the Adams and Armstrong dont work together, but there was no creative spark from an incredibly workmanlike midfield. I dont think you can keep hoofing balls into the pockets between the oppo full back and cb and expect our forwards to make something happen. There was no transition between the midfield and forwards. Ely doesnt have it and I wont even bothering to mention the other one on thw wing.
  6. And didnt the keeper kick it out ?
  7. From a goal kick. Wow.
  8. Hes not. Redmond is incredibly consistent in the Premier League.
  9. We all hope for that, however...........that aint a great review !
  10. I was also reading a few Everton fans comments. Im not sure if its just sour grapes but a lot of them reckon he has a terrible attitude, especially given his age, and theyre glad to see the back of him. Worst case scenario, at least we haven't spunked a load of money on a back up left back. Best case scenario, he settles down and we sell him for a shedload in a few years.
  11. Ooooo, I like this signing
  12. PULL MY FINGER
  13. Exactly this for me also
  14. Didnt I read somewhere on here that he can play anywhere along the front 3 or am I thinking of someone else we were linked with ?
  15. Thought Id get stuck into this argument as well. Its seems on here its just a matter of opinion. I played cb for years to a good level. Personally speaking, I wouldve been hugely pissed off with myself for stopping and letting the ball drop there and I wouldnt have expected my keeper to come for that. He would have seen me there and quite rightly would have expected me to deal with it, but thats just my point of view. Fwiw My team for sunday ( never going to happen) Forster Kwp bednarek salisu peraud Liv. Jwp OR. S.Armstrong A.Arms. Adams 4-5-1
  16. Yeah, this is a fair point. Looking at the goals for the Everton game, for me, Salisu totally at blame for the first goal - a ball drops over your shoulder like that- as a cb, you dont wait for it to drop - you get a foot in. The 2nd goal is just a good goal for me and the 3rd is down to poor defending from Stephens, but the fact he hasnt made any changes when we're under pressure, again, is just plain weird. But what I really really couldnt get my head around was leaving two of out best players from last season on the bench. Ive been a fan of Ralph since the beginning but Im also starting to feel we need a change. His record is awful......but the options...Terry( kill me now) or Howe.........dont fill me with great optimism. Don't feel like I can put myself through watching the United game.
  17. Lets be honest, every club has a percentage of bellends. Its just human nature
  18. I think we can ( mostly) all agree its becoming a pretty decent window. Now...... Delaney to finish it off ? Do we dare to dream ?
  19. I dont think anybody on here is pissing their pants about losing anybody other than KWP from last season's back four. That might be the one thing everyone on here agrees on 😂
  20. Hits a cracking cross field pass to KWP and brings the ball out to add another body in midfield........but yeah, I agree with you on this. Freezes at the wrong moments, capable of playing us into trouble and his positional sense is appalling. A threat also at set pieces, but hes there to defend first and foremost and he feels like a liability a lot of the. Just my opinion obvs.
  21. Im not a bitter or petty person by nature, but to leave us for Villa. Villa !! What a fucking snake. What a fucking mercenary. Nothing to do with trophys. Nothing to do with Champions League. Just money. Like what we offered him was shite !! He might be "" a good bloke "" and all that, but I wont be shedding a tear if he ruptures something again.
  22. Oh I dont know. I thought Dani Osvaldo was a good signing so Im staying well out of this one.
  23. Hi mate, really not having a dig at you but genuinely interested, how can you feel any warmth towards him ? He took the piss out of the club, not just with 90% of his pathetic performances on the pitch, but perhaps even worse than that, didnt he mock us on social media ( I dont follow it avidly so maybe Im wrong) when Charlie Austin was leaving ? For me this is one player who doesnt deserve a fond farewell. A complete pisstaker on many levels, but like I say maybe Ive missed something.
×
×
  • Create New...