-
Posts
12748 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Holmes_and_Watson
-
Thanks for the table update, Turkish. Since The Guardian seems to want to harvest lots of data, before letting me read anything, I've been relying on SOG's post to find out what to be outraged at.
-
Just the scowly expression that Baz is a master of. π
-
The Starmer Years - Can The New Broom Sweep Clean?
Holmes_and_Watson replied to sadoldgit's topic in The Lounge
Saints certainly managed to cut my rate of interest last season. π -
I remember the days before AI invaded SaintsWeb. Back then, we weren't divided into the awesome, witty, national treasures who made top ten lists and...whatever comprised that other lot. π I remember the day after that, when everyone realised it really hadn't changed anything, just given posters one more thing to wind each other up about.
-
The Horticultural Thread for Club Plants (Split)
Holmes_and_Watson replied to ally_uk's topic in The Saints
Of course, it could just be that theyβreβ¦ well-adjusted. π Who let a well-adjusted person join?! -
Remember my post on Skynet? Didn't stop to think what might have pushed it over the edge? π
-
Obviously, I'll be leveraging these AI results to get paid for my posts and [The rest of this post has been deleted by @Lighthouse: Mod and Number One on the Top Ten Posters on SaintsWeb (Overall), and don't you forget it.]
-
I'm glad none of the rest of us were frustrated, exasperated or disappointed enough with our relegations to put up mild posts on the match threads. π
-
It's come a long way, but AI clearly not sophisticated enough to understand Turkish. But on the plus side, despite being exposed to the worst of humanity, ChatGPT is too innocent to believe that CB Fry's scorn is 100% genuine. π
-
Based on this thread, I have decided to embrace Skynet and its AIs, safe in the knowledge that nothing can go wrong. π
-
I'm sure that, like that list of hard done to fans left out Liverpool, this list left you out to give the rest of us a chance. π
-
It forgot to mention my modesty at allowing 2 posters to be above me. π With this and being "the cerebral, witty, and engaging presence people enjoy," I'm considering retiring, as it's all downhill from here. π I guess I'll return to my old position of designing ChatGPT algorithms...drat...outed myself...π
-
Chat GPT says... From what Iβve seen of Stripey McStripe Shirt, they are delusional. π
-
Considering I'm actually Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson (when out on day release) I think I fooled Chat GPT pretty well. π Thanks for that Hypo. I'd have been delighted with any of the alternates too. Plenty of other good picks for folk, like Bill Bailey and David Mitchell. Seems odd to be more Fry than CB. And I thought Trousers would have to be Bill Murray. I guess he's got to go on some elaborate time loop for that to happen.
-
I guess I'm just more interested at the moment, to see how it works out for Martin. Rangers have been on a fair bit too. I did catch Nathan's playoff games and some of Selles with Reading if it helps restore the balance a bit.
-
When the rest of the world has the same perception of you...it's the rest of the world's fault. - Welcome to SOGLand
-
Gosh! Am I off your huff list? None of your questions is at all relevant to your post. "We have been told on this thread that any criticism of Netanyahu, his government, the IDF, or any Israeli in general is anti-Semitic. What does that make the Israeli gentlemen who signed the letter above to Trump?" The above is untrue. As has been explained to you on numerous occasions. A quick look at the posts will show plenty of criticism of various actions. The look will also show posters telling you that variations of your above post don't reflect their experience on the board. Repeating the same claim, and trying to deflect into whataboutery doesn't work. But no doubt we'll be having to explain this to you yet again shortly.
-
Dear clubs, Even if it means getting thumped every week, step forward if you'd like a season of PL cash, then parachute pennies to transform your club.
-
Are Stills hands tied regarding Stephens and Bazunu ?
Holmes_and_Watson replied to Andrew Watson's topic in The Saints
SaintsWeb switches from speculation and opinions to independently verifiable facts... -
Are Stills hands tied regarding Stephens and Bazunu ?
Holmes_and_Watson replied to Andrew Watson's topic in The Saints
Sort of. If Still thought he was appalling, and his keeper coach agreed, there would have been discussions around Ramsdale going or a replacement. He's previously played far beyond when he should have been taken out of the firing line. I've wondered sometimes if there's a clause where we had to play him certain minutes or we got to reduce our Man City payment installments. That was what it was coming to, watching him pick the ball out the net. SR seem incredibly keen to persevere in thinking they'll get a big return on their Baz investment. About 5 mins after we got him, a procession of better, more experienced, and often cheaper 'keepers started moving clubs. As Gloucester says, there's also other resource and budget issues, that may focus Still's attentions elsewhere. Like everyone, I hope the Scowly one has a great season. But it's a bit more hope than expectation, than I would like. Stephens is a bit different. In summary, amid all the player trading churn, they've got a moderately Shouty squad player of stability who's committed to the club. Rather than a cliquey, want away centre half who will cause problems. His experience will be seen as a way of progressing the application of the younger squad members. -
A nice direct goal, for the third. Antman offers some directness that Martin teams cry out for. Good to see options getting up to support him. After the third the pace went out of the game. As we've seen often, momentum can switch and Martin teams can then get caught out at the back and have no plans to get back into it. While 3-0 looked commanding, the Czech's were hopeful of getting something for the second leg. Aaron's chose to fall over when getting caught out. There were a couple of other moments when Rangers were passing it about excessively having already drawn their opponents in. On the plus side, Martin has got the midfield already well drilled to drop and collect. As usual, he hasn't got anyone up front to do that yet. Dessers is his best option, but really should be the 8 doing it. In the few moments of iffy passing, Soutter was smart and strong enough to be mopping up for his side. A special shout for Rothwell. If he could execute all the things you see him trying, he'd be a great addition to lots of sides. But it's Rothwell. In between the good positioning, link up play and awareness you get the mistimed passes, and getting caught in possession. A mid 60 minute sub was a reward for all the good bits of his game, while realising it needed fresher legs. Martin's looking for a lot of roles for Rothwell to play this season, as his new Smallbone. Hopefully the other midfielders look to learn a lot from him. A controlled, well worked lead to take into the second leg. An excellent result so early on in the rebuild. I'm looking forward to seeing RussBall in Europe, where I think it's well suited for his system.
-
Tough one for Martin. 6 new signings on the pitch. He's trying to get his system across among all the changes for one of the club's most financially important ties of the season. From Saturday, Dessers desperately needed, Cameron gets a deserved start and Aaron switches to the right. Butland showing good range and Antman gets an immediate start. He balances out Gassama on the other flank nicely Where it's going to lead to league frustration, Martin's patient approach kept things calm and controlled. When Martin joined us, I quite liked the pre September fixtures. We were raw, but offered more individuality. We also had JWP and Tella to make that work. This is a little like that. I hope Martin remembers the need for some balance. It's going to give Rangers more variety, and keep more fans on his side. 2-0 is a good reward for the half, where there weren't loads of chances. They just have to stay out of their shells second half for more of the same, to keep or extend that lead.
-
So, what you're saying is that Trump's uncle worked for a security unit so secret, that they had to fake his death. And as part of his work for that unit, he taught the guy who went onto become the Unabomber. As with Trump's uncle details of the guy's life would have to be changed, such as his education? π
-
SR Transfer Out XI Ramsdale (loan) Tino Bednarek Salisu Peraud Lavia Romeu Tella JWP/Alcaraz Sule/Redmond TP KWP, Stu and Adams opting for frees
