-
Posts
12,738 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Holmes_and_Watson
-
I still remember the storming of the Peasmoldia barricades. It doesn't end well. https://www.johnbarber.com/characters-in-round-the-horne/
-
I was set up by the Cornish once. I was a Cornish Patsy.
-
Zola Budd was running for us, and was therefore correct in all her actions. 🙂
-
Shocking myopia! Did Zola Budd stumble in vain?!
-
That's our future boxing champions you're referring to! 🙂
-
"NBS Sports said it had spoken to one of the four missing boxers, who claimed the athletes intended to seek asylum and continue their boxing careers in a country they believed offered better training facilities and opportunities than their homeland. " From that, they are very much in the economic migrant category.
-
Love the blue one (as I am hardwired to always love it)
-
Knowing that every reform MP and councillor is now part of the Reform Expeditionary Force, the first line in defending NATO from any aggressors, is reassuring in such a hostile world.
-
I didn't realise we had height restrictions. Health and safety must trump immigration policy.
-
I did apologise for my Terror From The Deep comment, Kraken. I'd not heard of "mythologically challenged" before then.
-
You were right. That does have more impact than my idea. I'm glad we all had a meeting to decide the wording. Oops...
-
I prefer other books by the same authors:- Westland the Helicopter - Delightful children's book about the plucky animated copter, by M Heseltine. The Vicar's Daughter - A seemingly pious arrival derails a small Agatha Christie type village, by T May. The Brief - Tense lagal drama concerning a solicitor on borrowed time in his job, by S Javid The World of Invertebrates - Accessible, if scattered, natural history, by E Davey Hit The North - Andy Burnham shares details about his time in The Fall. No wonder you've not got far in any of yours. Dullsville.
-
1 plus from the AI map of Africa. When skynet launches the missiles, none of them are going to land on the targets.
-
It's not a mistake. It's a plan. 🙂
-
Chicken
-
Had they been swans, then we'd have had fewer drownings which would have been a good thing.
-
I've only seen those returning say they found everything to be closed, and many returning through hunger. No hint of support for them. That might reflect the impromptu creation of the surge, and what limited resources they could bring. One person mentioned the cost of buying anything. There's a lot still there. So, I wonder how they are eating.
-
A beeb clip said that recently, a Spanish court had ruled that anyone who swan across the border could not be immediately returned. Dozens have died with Spain pointing a finger at Morocco for not doing enough at the border. Thousands still in the area, and no doubt other countries looking at the implications of that court decision. The number who already had jobs among the migrants did stand out in the clips. Some of the returned either having quite or returning to them. One man had travelled from Sudan citing war for his reason of being there.
-
Duckling
-
Are you ITK about ITKers? 🙂
-
That extreme of Israel realise that this has turned out to be their best chance to essentially ethnically cleanse the area of Palestinians. Whether they justify it through revenge for conflicts generated through their encroaching settlements, revenge for the Hamas attacks, general racism or using a book. Whether those reasons are religious or for self enrichment through property grabs. They must be so frustrated that their government and the US were not extreme enough to remove Palestinians altogether, or have whoever remained surrender everything they own. They must look with disappointment at all those historic conflicts with one clear winner, and a wiped out or subservient loser.
-
I was just going to post it. I was just coming up with a SaintsWeb Sentence to show by linking to this dreadful loon's quotes, I wasn't endorsing it.
-
I was just ready to join them storming Europe... in Africa. But not If I'm not getting a free katana and a Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtle costume.
-
I'd say here's hoping, but whoever comes in will be as least as dodgy.
