Jump to content

Gloucester Saint

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    9030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gloucester Saint

  1. It’s certainly appropriate to the thread but there can’t be any genuine Saints fans there, after what Lowe did to the club.
  2. Hellberg should be assessing how his strikers and midfielders couldn’t hit a barn door in the first half up at their dump of a town because genuinely 4-0 wouldn’t have flattered them.
  3. They get to live in Middlesbrough as well.
  4. Might need him to be if THB is in trouble.
  5. I’d assume so. What a warped world we live in.
  6. Doesn’t matter if it was or wasn’t. See it out now boys.
  7. Need to try something. Boro waiting for penalties.
  8. Would you want him taking a penalty though?
  9. Ditto. Enjoyable for the neutral perhaps.
  10. They twatted us 4-0 up there albeit we had the better of the home league game before conceding a soft equaliser.
  11. If Saints don’t shore the midfield there won’t be any winner.
  12. That’s the third fib in as many weeks. He’s telling them at a Farage-esque rate.
  13. Agree but it was inevitable given the storm Boro have whipped up. Their players don’t deserve the aggravation though, not their fault. Couldn’t see any damage to their coach though and bear in mind that their journalists are looking for any old excuse.
  14. I don’t think Labour’s loony membership base will want Streeting though.
  15. Be asking for £20m in levelling up funding.
  16. Do people believe me now about the standards of English journalists? The political ones are poor enough but some of the sports ones are horrendous. Brian Woolnough or Hugh Mcllvanney would have put into proportion, criticised the board and management, but none of the froth.
  17. Azaz - no ‘I’m not celebrating against my former club’ if he scores the winner. Needs to be right in front of their fans pointing to the name on his back if he scores at the Itchen end. If it’s at the Northam then just go mental there.
  18. He’s good in Parliament, very good actually. But the chamber environment is quite like a courtroom with procedures, protocol and disciplines which is his environment. He’s also excellent at international set pieces. Live TV debates, public settings, they’re very different and far more unpredictable these days in a populist, digital and very fast moving age. Streeting, Mahmood and probably Burnham are more cut out to operate and communicate in that landscape, especially Streeting. Could see him taking chunks off Polanski, Tice and Farage. Been brutal with the NHS changes in a way the Tories couldn’t do. Forced Reeves’s hands on the redundancy pay offs as well.
  19. Labour need to push the Middlesbrough MP under a bus, Burnham stands and wins. Perfect solution. Made for each other. All he needs to do is slag off Southampton Football Club during the campaign, demanding our relegation over 10 consecutive seasons, and he’ll get a stonking majority.
  20. Better than them camped at Staplewood I suppose. Probably next if Saints win tonight, At least Tonda will give them nothing.
  21. 🎵 Matty Fernandes, he’ll pay the (EFL) fine for you 🎵
  22. Oh I agree with you, whoever is on power is ‘in hock to the markets’ anyway because of the Covid debts, Trump’s war and slashed economy post-Brexit. It won’t be any different for him. Truss said similar and look what happened… Him or Streeting are much better orators than Starmer and less reticent on difficult decisions which listening to the public seems to be biggest gripe with the status quo. If I was a Labour member and I gave a shit about the country as well as the party being in power, I’d want Streeting or Mahmood. But I’m not, and I reckon their headbangers would prefer Burnham. And he’s better than Miliband or Rayner, that was my point.
  23. I also trust their membership to get a leadership selection right as much as I trusted the Conservatives recent membership base e.g. Truss. So that means Miliband or bloody Rayner. Best the country can hope for probably is the timetable option and wait for Burnham to win a seat. Ought to be Streeting or Mahmood but not sure the headbangers in their membership would support either.
×
×
  • Create New...