Jump to content

Matthew Le God

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    31617
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Matthew Le God

  1. Clearly not, care to PM me then? I look forward to receiving it Mr Bearsy.
  2. I think the squad as it currently stands could finish 8th. We'd need some extra quality players like Pochettino has talked about to finish higher.
  3. I'd like to see what else we do in the transfer market first.
  4. I explained why in the final sentence of the post you quoted of mine.
  5. Would you not be disappointed that after 2 years and perhaps upwards of £80m spent, the team only got a mid table finish in 2013/14?
  6. I'm fully aware he said if. But my question was why he used that figure. Pochettino has already confirmed the players he is interested it, and that indicates the remaining budget is in excess of £30m.
  7. It might be good enough for a lot of the supporter base that hadn't seen Premier League mid table safety since 2004. But if Cortese wants to attract the likes of Damiao, Banega and Wanyama plus keeping Shaw, Clyne, Lovren, Ramirez and Schneiderlin happy then the club will have to be aiming higher than merely mid-table.
  8. Unlikely as Celtic have a game tomorrow, next Tuesday snd next Friday plus public training sessions during the week on a training camp. It would be hard to keep his moving to Saints a secret, they might as well just announce it as soon as it is confirmed. Why would he play or train for Celtic if he was a Southampton player?
  9. What makes you think the remaining budget is £30m? Damiao will cost circa £20m and Pochettino has said he wants 2 or 3 more players. Wanyama will cost £12m so that takes it over £30m before you even start thinking about who the 3rd player might be.
  10. You can watch the 24 minute press conference here... http://www.player.saintsfc.co.uk/latest-news/article/3228560/date/20130704180600/page/0/name/Pochettino's-First-Pre-Season-Press-Conference Care to take back the insult now?
  11. Pochettino did not say Yoshida was "out of favour" during that press conference.
  12. Scotland to England isn't "overseas".
  13. I doubt we'll change the main formation from the 4-2-3-1 system used last season.
  14. Mr Wrong! Rodriguez isn't exactly lightweight either...
  15. If anyone goes for a walk in the New Forest today watch out for puke... isaac nehemie ‏@_IsaacN 23s Just done a forest run hardest run I've done in my life Sam Gallagher ‏@Sam9allagher 3m Forest run in this weather was a killer glad to get it out the way!
  16. He's not good on crosses.
  17. Why do you disregard Brazil's performance in the Confederations Cup? Is that not the most up to date measure of them on the World stage in competitive matches against strong opposition?
  18. Don't you mean the Confederations Cup rather than the Copa America? The last Copa America was in 2011.
  19. "Well... you can prove anything with facts can't you? I'm not interested in facts, I find they tend to cloud my judgement. I prefer to rely on instinct." [video=youtube;4n-UGQcG3Jw]
  20. I think it does (as well as you can answer such a question). Plus it wasn't the best question as Dig Dig points out... Exactly!
  21. At 23 years old he has 16 senior caps for Brazil and has played numerous games in the South American equivalent of the Champions League. This transfer if it happens would be talked about throughout world football, that didn't happen for Rodriguez or Lambert.
  22. That article is lifted from the press conference yesterday, where Pochettino confirmed Saints interest in all three players.
  23. See Turkish, we can get along!
  24. In any case at €10m it is still a significant signing and I was responding to this question...
×
×
  • Create New...