-
Posts
4078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by CanadaSaint
-
I think that's exactly what this is about, and the continuing AOC saga just fuels it. Either we're about to cash-in on him and we'll have money burning holes in our pockets, or we don't need to sell him because we already have wads of cash. If the agents are p*ssed off with Cortese and Cortese's p*ssed off at the agents, it's a sign that all parties are doing their jobs. That's the ball game these days. Sooner or later they'll "meet in the middle" on some key signings because we're too well placed and too well motivated not to. Quite why we need to turn it into our own p*ssing contest on here I'm not sure.
-
Bridgey is just one of many who have signed for the big clubs, full of justified hope, only to discover that they were never more than one bad game away from being replaced with an even more expensive signing. The stakes are so high at that level that some of these players were signed not because the big club really wanted or needed them, but because they wanted to keep them away from their biggest rivals. That's sick and it has cost a lot of good players the careers they deserved.
-
It's now 35 years to the minute that we were all yelling "Blow that fricking whistle, Clive"!
-
Coincidence coming? Was anyone else at Plymouth for the game in our successful run-in of 1965-66? I'll always remember the 18-yard 'rocket' from Jimmy Melia that bounced about ten times before nestling in the net for the winner. From there I think we went to Leyton Orient, where we pretty much clinched promotion.
-
Brighton V Saints 1-2 Post match Chat!
CanadaSaint replied to SOTONS EAST SIDE's topic in The Saints
I actually had quite a lot of time for Poyet until hearing some of his comments. He's shown himself to be a rather sad and classless pr*ck. -
Brighton V Saints 1-2 Post match Chat!
CanadaSaint replied to SOTONS EAST SIDE's topic in The Saints
Cracking result, Dave. I think us and Brighton are opposites in many ways. They coast out of this division because they're built for it, but I think they'll struggle next year. We have to fight to get out of this division because we're much better suited to the one above, where I don't think we'll struggle. And that's before we strengthen the squad. If that makes us arrogant, so be it. -
Brighton V Saints 1-2 Post match Chat!
CanadaSaint replied to SOTONS EAST SIDE's topic in The Saints
Brilliant result. LOL at Ankergren. First he has a go at Chaplow at 1-0 but that didn't work out to well when Chaplow clattered him. The he starts his time wasting crap, also at 1-0, but that didn't work out so well, either. -
Thanks - even though that link is dead . All the more credit to you guys because it can't be easy playing there, with the crowd almost in a different time zone. But the 7,400 average makes me think that the more resourceful Saints fans will find a way of getting tickets, even if they're among the Brighton fans, so hopefully there won't be any problems.
-
Yep, the new ground looks super, but a fairly consistent 7,400 average in an 8,850 ground is pretty weak when you consider the season they're having. Even allowing for the binoculars. But - back to the thread topic - looking at those pictures I could certainly understand this being down to a segregation issue.
-
So where are those people this year?
-
Thanks. They've only been averaging around 7,400 recently despite their great season. Arguably, they could afford to give us another 1,000 or so (unless it's a segregation issue) but they'll save them for their own plastics. The 7,400 number doesn't suggest that they can survive one league up, does it?
-
What's their ground capacity?
-
Brilliant strategy from Alpine. As soon as they discovered that we were settling for a playoff place, Posh and MKD start dropping points.
-
Charlton 1 - 1 Saints - Post Match Reaction
CanadaSaint replied to Saint_clark's topic in The Saints
I clearly remember, from back in my playing days, wondering in the middle of a game whether it was worth it to tell a referee he was a complete and utter ****, and it definitely was - even though it cost me a three week suspension. I'll never forget that feeling of satisfaction. So, in much the same vein, I joyfully say Alpine, you're a sad, manic depressive, wrist-slitting, half-witted moron. I've only been reported once on here in god knows how many years, and I'm pretty sure it was by the person who's going to do it for a second time. Bring it on. -
Was that meant to narrow the choices down?
-
There was someone else with a real down-home style and a laid-back approach who certainly wasn't a quote-a-minute. His statue is outside SMS.
-
Southampton Sheffield Wednesday 2nd Half
CanadaSaint replied to Saint Without a Halo's topic in The Saints
Stream? It's more like a geriatric p*ss. -
Southampton Sheffield Wednesday 2nd Half
CanadaSaint replied to Saint Without a Halo's topic in The Saints
I hear you. Hard x 5 if you support Saints. -
Southampton Sheffield Wednesday 2nd Half
CanadaSaint replied to Saint Without a Halo's topic in The Saints
I thought you quit last week. -
I said "if we really need the player", which many think we do.
-
That would be a little surprising wouldn't it, Dave? Costs - as in wages - shouldn't be that big a stumbling block if we really need the player because they're pro-rated for the balance of the season. Perhaps it's the insurance or Reading are looking for a fee, or something else. Strange.
-
This is how Cortese's "principles" will be tempered, because he didn't get where he is without learning from experience. Leaks are a fact of life in football and there are big sieves, leaking everything, and little sieves, leaking some things. There is no leakproof club of any size or stature. If he can't have complete control, which he can't, he'll have to settle for small leaks. The alternative, in this case, is to pull out of a potential deal on the kind of player we desperately need - possibly the last piece of the promotion jigsaw. That would be a "cut off his nose to spite his face thing."
-
Okay for me but it did slow-up quite a bit near the end.
-
You're becoming more childish by the day, which - for you - is quite an achievement. Go stalk someone else. BTW I notice you've been on a charm offensive lately, trying to win back the people who find you negative and tiresome, but you're missing a key ingredient. Well, several actually.
