-
Posts
4,078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by CanadaSaint
-
I'm pretty sure the salmon and manure both came from the other guy. As pieces of commentary they were "obsolutely marg-nificent". Does anyone think he reads these threads and then plays "buzzword bingo", trying to fit in all the words and phrases we laugh about? If you do, Dave, please stop saying anything about clean sheets or - so help me God - I will fly across the Atlantic and sh*t in your ham sandwich.
-
That's a really good sign - we have the squad depth to make changes when things aren't working, and a manager who seems to know what changes to make. When could we last say both of those things? Or even one of them?
-
And he's got a MOTM thread of his own on here. Crispypie, were you at the game? Edit: Just noticed you were there. Funny old game, eh?
-
Excellent. I'd vote for probation because your posts are normally good, because I don't think you have any "previous", and because you posted some great piccies today. But not even Rumpole of the Bailey could help you if you do it again. I'll send you the bill for cleaning my underwear this week. Better still, I'll send you the underwear.
-
Sorry, Norm, I re-posted that on the other thread because I thought this one was dead. To answer your question: .comsaint posted some great pictures on the second half thread, and then - in a moment of utter madness with us 2-0 up - this: Guess what happened a few minutes later!
-
When does .comsaint's trial start? And will he be representing himself?
-
When does .comsaint's trial start? And will he be representing himself?
-
Lifetime ban.
-
I can just see them in the dressing room: "We're the league side, we're the league side, we're the league side over here" "We're the cup side, we're the cup side, we're the cup side over here"
-
Well, AP has certainly created competition for places here. I can't remember when there was this much pressure on keeping your place, and that can surely only be good.
-
These silly cards are really starting to p*ss me off.
-
Here's a confident prediction: Fonté will go up for corners far fewer times than Claus did, but score more goals. Going out on a limb or what?
-
Has he said anything about needing to keep a "clean sheet" yet? The goal normally comes a few minutes after that.
-
At times we screw ourselves by trying to be too cute in the box.
-
Wimbledon vs Saints - First Half & Half-Time Chat
CanadaSaint replied to Arizona's topic in The Saints
Maybe, but "absolutely shocking"? That's ridiculous. -
We REALLY need to come out ready to fight for the first 10-15 minutes because Ince will have given them the hair dryer treatment and they'll be flying. No early goals in our end please boys. Ride out the first 10-15, get a second, and then stroke the ball around.
-
Wimbledon vs Saints - First Half & Half-Time Chat
CanadaSaint replied to Arizona's topic in The Saints
AP's gotta stop that stuff. By all means get them for something worthwhile but not for stupid sh*t like that. -
Wimbledon vs Saints - First Half & Half-Time Chat
CanadaSaint replied to Arizona's topic in The Saints
When you listen to the commentators talking about our midfielders and how young they are, it makes me think we're way too hard on them at times. They're gradually developing into very good players. It's often easier to see more clearly from a distance than from close up. -
Wimbledon vs Saints - First Half & Half-Time Chat
CanadaSaint replied to Arizona's topic in The Saints
Yeah, that's dire. They'd have been better off staying at Wombledon. -
Wimbledon vs Saints - First Half & Half-Time Chat
CanadaSaint replied to Arizona's topic in The Saints
Our lot sound great. -
Wimbledon vs Saints - First Half & Half-Time Chat
CanadaSaint replied to Arizona's topic in The Saints
Here you go Ricky -
Wimbledon vs Saints - First Half & Half-Time Chat
CanadaSaint replied to Arizona's topic in The Saints
Same old story. We have to score when we're on top or pay the price later. -
Wimbledon vs Saints - First Half & Half-Time Chat
CanadaSaint replied to Arizona's topic in The Saints
What a fricking homer. -
Dave, I've seen you saying that before and that really worries me because I know how well you read these things, but the fact that we're still "in with a shout" probably says a lot about this division, eh? Even allowing for us not playing the way most of us would like to see, and even allowing for the fact that we still have midfield issues to resolve, all we may need to do is hit the same PPG average that we've hit over the past eight games. Yes, that would be fluking it into the playoffs but I'd certainly take that. What happens if we get there is another story altogether. We have made progress. From what I've seen and read, we have much more depth, we have more playing options, we are better placed to utilize width, the latest batch of signings should solidify us at the back, and Murty (who seems to be one of our keys) can't be far away from coming back. These changes should enable us to move things up a level or two. I don't think there's another team in the division with that kind of "improvement package" at their disposal. While I certainly bow to your opinion - because I know you and because you see the games - the optimist in me feels that we're not out of this yet.
-
If this is like most other clubs, there's one discussion inside the dressing room and one outside it. Inside I suspect that AP has made it clear that he fully expects a squad of this calibre to make playoffs, and that anything less will be a failure. This might be what Harding was referring to. Outside the dressing room he's talked about incremental steps - erase the deficit, climb out of the relegtion spots, hit mid-table, kick-on for a playoff spot. He probably even talks that way to Cortese but I'm sure Cortese has made it clear that he expects a playoff spot.
