Jump to content

MarkSFC

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    2393
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MarkSFC

  1. Sadly, being negative or controversial or the like generates far more engagement on socials and websites than the opposite, so they are incentivised to take a viewpoint of that ilk. ***** the lot of them.
  2. I’d rather win Sunday…
  3. The lad is decent, no question, and looks excellent for Us NOW, IN THIS LEAGUE. Whether that translates into PL standard we will only know if and when we go up. So far, 30m minus him for THB is looking ok....plus Abbot is yet to come in and I have a sneaky feeling we will be thinking he is better.
  4. I am a little disappointed (and a tad nervous) that an injury to Larin will derail us a bit too much. Clearly we only need to get through to Jan 1st in that sense. I hope that the lack of an addition in attack was a principled one and not a foolish one. I mean, that they were only prepared to bring in the right player rather than just anyone, and also that they were not going to pay way over the odds. Time will of course as always, prove what was right. We have a decent squad. Im excited by Schlotterbeck and also Abbott now Ive researched him a bit and we may well be stronger in CB now. Prowsey dictated the tempo when we had the ball on Tuesday and looked a class above Bragg in terms of touch and passing, and keeping the ball moving. JWP will be a great teacher for Bragg and the others. When Jander is back in full flow we will have as strong a CM as lasy year even if a little different in attributed overall. With Ramsdale still here even an injury to Peretz does not full me with dread even if TE has hinted at Long being 2nd choice. I can believe he would be if Peretz was out for a few months. Lets hope that by January 1st arrives we have clawed back our 4 point deficit and are at least in the top 4 if not top 2. I think we might well be.
  5. I agree, a bit chicken and egg but thats professional sport. As long as he keeps training well he will get chances from the bench and if theres an injury of two or a loss of form for someone he might get a chance or two.
  6. Those writing off Dobbin after just 4 or 5 games are being very unfair. I seem to remember Beattie would go on runs of 7 or 8 games without a goal and then get 10 in 10. Clealry he something about him and hes plenty young enough to drastically improve his level and consistency. He has a goal or assist every 3.5 games in 70 in the champioshio. If he continues with that ratio across this season he will have about 13 goal involvement which will be good. I do think we are a ln attacker / forward light but maybe everyone will stay fit until January at least and we will be flying. Prince whatshisname seems to have bundles of potential!
  7. Like tonight then....I think its going to prove to be very poor judgement to let Archer Robinson Downs Edozie (and effectively Stewart) and only bring in two young ones in Dobbin and Mubama. Praying for a surprise still😂
  8. Im looking at the attacking options tonight and thinking we are definitely one light...praying for a good surprise🙏
  9. Ideally. And still to get rid of Downs, Ramsdale, Sugawara, Edozie, (and THB!). Presumably Reoslev may go also if we get another RB perhaps as I dont think JWP or anyone else can play there for a good number of games, we need an expert as such. Either this Czech CB Vitik or the Norwegian CB from Viking seem very suitable options. I see that Vipotnik still hasn't left Swansea and didnt start yesterday. Should be a fun 3 days...
  10. They didnt charge us...
  11. happy with this.C'mon!!
  12. I like Ramsdale and think he is decent, not top class PL standard but good. If he was to stay and compete with Peretz I do not believe there is a better GK department in the Championship, maybe even some PL clubs would be envious. I think we probably sell if get the right offer but its looking less and less likely that that will happen. Maybe AR himself is in that headspace which would be good.
  13. Maybe hes just had enough of being there and wants 'to come home' so to speak and just play some bloody football!
  14. VVD in midfield🤔🤔🤔
  15. Not what Im saying. If he one of 2 CMs and hes the one who goes forward he will be decent. If hes the sitting one, not so much.
  16. I predict that JWP will look a class above in this league. Too much negativity about him for my liking. If hes asked to sit and hold then we will not see the best of him. If hes given license to go forward, getting tbe ball a little further forward than just in front of the defence then I think we will see how good he is. Sure theres probabaly younger quicker out there but this league has always required expereince and players that do the basics exceedingly well. Flair and higher talents are in tbe PL. We are not.
  17. Far too low of a bar though really....
  18. I hope not. Unless theres a second CM in addition to JWP that will mean Akachukwu will be the 4th...not sure thats the best option. Downes Jander Bragg and JWP and the main CMs would be ideal for me.
  19. Long term (PL next season or season after) JWP wont be the answer. Right now there probably isn't a better option. Fans on here cry out for experience and this man has it in spades in the PL and also the Championship. I mean hes even represented England!! Id love him back here. Like Romeu last season BUT with the ability to still play and be a big part of our squad and team.
  20. You'd think so five some of the comments on here backing him over the years.
  21. Are most people finally seeing how shocking Stephens really is? I've been saying this for 5 years. He ain't even good enough for the Skates. If THB goes we are proper fucked. Even if we manage to sign two capable CBs it will likely take them a few weeks to get going andTE will probably mix and match with Wood and Calamity whilst they settle in. What felt like a positive (seige mentality) beginning to the summer is turning into a right bloody mess. 2 CBs, 1 CM and 1 Striker minimum....in 6 days...
  22. Definitely need to BEEF up a couple of areas🤦
  23. I agree he is not europe chasing/playing in PL standard right now. Hes far better than he was when we were in PL 2 seasons ago thats for sure. So Villa are taking a bit of a risk I would say if they see him as first choice now, but I do think he is a very decent player, maybe not at his peak yet. There maybe a bit of the "English player" thing in their choosing him but hes good. We should be getting over 25m plus add ons. We just need 2 x CBs now🤦
  24. He cant say anything else. He is either a Saints player or he isn't. And u til he officially isn't, this is the only answer he can offer.
×
×
  • Create New...