MarkSFC
Subscribed Users-
Posts
2393 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by MarkSFC
-
Or...Im just making this shit up
-
I dont think Bednarek is as bad as many think. I also do not think he is good enough. Hes been in the side for 3 to 4 years now but hasn't seemed to get better, indeed seems more like the reverse. Salisu looks to have something about him and although he's mad.some.mistakes.ai think he deserves a little but of time. ABK looks like he will be great but far too early. Stephens and Lyanco are clearly 3rd or 4th choice players at this level. And so on this basis it would make absolute sense to get a CB who is better than all of them and then move on 1 or 2.
-
Yeah they'll do
-
I agree we need creativity. Aribo is certainly going to help in that sense, as will Mara but obviously as a frontman. We need a striker who will be first choice. I'm an optimistic man and so I'm hoping for Ramos, Maduake, Garner, Holding and a LB!!
-
This is sad to hear. He was a fantastic player for us in arguably our best era.
-
Based on?
-
One swallow does make a summer not. Get rid.
-
I thought I'd hears Semmens or Steele say the 80m loan was for cash flow because of covid, which I took to mean operational costs (salaries etc) and not investments (new players). Oh well, I guess we'll find out eventually. Maybe!
-
You may be right on the loan and tv money, in which case previous years would of been similar wouldn't they? IF the owners put a loan on the club it doesn't automatically mean that it needs to be servicable aspecially at the rate you suggest. They can decide how they recoup it.
-
It's great!!!
-
It seems fairly clear that part of their (SR) strategy is to provide funds into the cash flow to allow us to be more active and competitive in the market. This may just be this summer, it may include the next window or two as well. What is also certain (and what seems likely to me) is that this initial investment will over time be reduced / recouped as sales are inevitably made. But by investing additional funds (assuming this is actually the case) now it moves the team and business forward. Self-sustainability inevitably comes from revenues above expenditure. By adding half a dozen or more new young players this hopefully sets us up where we probably sell one or even two each summer for a decent number without really hitting the squad overall. Having said that, we do need a striker of note, another forward type, Garner? in (OR or ID out), a CB and FB cover/loan to resemble a proper good window!
-
Clearly that went in one ear and out the other one very quickly.
-
Ali Dia? A bit of a fraud...
-
Just get him in!!!
-
It may be the case that we are looking to sell whilst also buying but it's probably just a such a case of wanting to make sure enough players leave before some more come in to avoid having too many players on the wage bill and on the training pitch. Clearing some stale minds will also be great.
-
Hes been brilliant for us so would be a shame to lose him this year a Stoughton he'd be perfect as a bit of mentor for Lavia, but who can refuse him this move back to his home country if he wants it.
-
I dont see it so much as loss of form more that he raises his game for very short periods and returns to his "norm" the longer he plays. I think the opponent (although I get what you're saying) doesn't make much of a difference. Either was, not good enough for us but a proper professional footballer.
-
On his best form I think Stephens is decent. At his worst makes too many mistakes. Unfortunately he's far more the latter than the former. He seem only to maintain his best form for a very small number of games in succession, which ultimately is the reason some players are highly coveted; because they can maintain high standards for tens of games rather than just 3 or 4. I hope he goes to Watford or wherever and does well.
-
Is he still here?
-
I agree. Not a bad signing, just not good enough for me now. He might be a good squad player to have (more like the role Long played towards the end) but I would of thought of all those players we'd be happy to shift he be up there in terms of best fee.
-
Either imminent?
-
You could argue that because of this upcoming run it's the best time to make the change of manager as we don't expect many or any points anyway.
-
I don't see how he can stay once these type of stories come out, however true, and on the back of the run we are on there is just too much division in the fanbase. It felt like something wasn't right with him last night. I suspect he senses time is coming to the end. I hope that's the case now.
-
πππChe...good luck.
-
When Semmens said we should be celebrating 10 years in tbe PL it was a sad thing for our CEO to say. Weak mindset. A pragmatist is not a bad thing for a CEO but in sporting organisations when dealing with the public that kind of me tality is poor and ill-judged. Sports fans live on hope (well the vast majority do). That type of mindset at the top will eventually flow down the entire club. Contrast with Corteses (at least public) mindset. A balance of the two is probably best. Hes not the leader I thought he was.
