MarkSFC
Subscribed Users-
Posts
2393 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by MarkSFC
-
Semmens mentioned that the PL is officially the toughest sporting league to be in. This by nature of football being all about the money at every level, it makes me compare the PL to something like F1. What I mean by that is that the team owners need to be extremely rich / have huge sponsorship in order to even consider competing. The PL is now more expensive than ever for owners and is not looking like slowing down anytime soon, so our owners need to put up to make sure we stay up (and not continually or only rely on "over performing" and "players developing") by rasing the standard of the team NOW to allow the manager and coaches a bit of breathing space. Without more investment and possibly a slight change of model we are only going one way; down. The pace of improvement in our players and therfore the collective of the team needs to stay ahead of level of quality our opponents are purchasing. More and more clubs are spending more on players and slowly but surely the overall quality is getting deeper in numbers. Thus us the curve we need to stay ahead of. What we have done so far this summer is not keeping us ahead of the curve.
-
Listening to the forum was interesting and probably some of the best questions we've heard at these things. I am still of the opinion the Ralph should move on but I cannot question his dedication and passion for our club. I am hopeful but less convinced than I was before this forum that we will get players good enough despite the fact they alluded to "still being in the market". There seemed to be a strange tension at least to start with between Ralph and Martin and Ralph looked quite uncomfortable for much of it. Confidence lowered.
-
Buying Watkins for 30m would be justified. Selling Adams for 15m would not be justified.
-
I'd definitely take Watkins...
-
Not yet I think.
-
I wonder if we are still trying for Delap. I see Maduake hasn't played last two games for PSV, injured? or on the move?
-
Why are people saying we have 7 CBs? Valery isn't one. Simeu isn't first team quality. Stephens isn't PL quality. Bednarek isn't PL quality. Lyanco isn't PL quality. Salisu is on his best form PL quality. On his worst no. ABK....we wait to see. We need a minimum of one CB better than all of them.
-
But that's almost the whole point. He sticks when he should twist and twists when he should stick so to speak. He gets it wrong, far more than he gets it right.
-
Probably been covered buy I hope these sort of questions are asked. 1) To Ralph... Why do you continue to play square pegs in round holes? why do you continually "experiment" with formations and selections? When are you going to do the honourable thing and resign? 2) To The Club When are we going to sign a decent striker? When are we going to sign a 2nd decent striker? When are we going to sign a decent CB When are we going to sign a decent No.10. When are you going to replace Ralph? To the Owner(s) 1) when are we going to sell or give away the shit holding us back?
-
Similar to how they'll be accounted for... Payments actually made Installments definitely due Potential liabilities. It ain't difficult to comprehend.
-
Maybe there's a personal reason he might want to go back north?
-
You always have to give them the while window before judging fully. But moat summer windows alway tend to go like this, this massive deals for the top players happen early or right at the end; the young market happens early and then all tbe players in demand from a wider range of club will take longer to happen because players have more options and clubs can create more negotiation. I dont like that the window closes after the season start (it's worse for lesser clubs like us)but it is what it is. Regardless of who we still get in, hopefully an established CB, Striker and a winger type, Ralph has to go. But until September 1st we can't really judge SR fairly, even if we have lost every game to that point.
-
I hope so. Enough is enough. He's lost the plot.
-
Well....we need 2 strikers make that 3 then...or at least 2 plus a winger type. Is RH attempting the well used Pep method of no strikers...🤦🤦🤦
-
Hes not good at getting rid of rubbish...
-
I doubt this would be overly popular but I'd go for Dyche. He will get us organised for sure and give us an identity back. It might not be overly exciting for a while but jeez, it's a million miles from that right now, and looks like it's getting worse match by match.
-
I think McCarthy Stephens Moussa Redmond Bedanrek Lyanco Walcott Diallo Tella Ellounoussi all need to go, bythe end of next summer, but hopefully sooner!!!
-
I dont know about people but who knows, maybe he would 🤷♂️ I'm allowed some hope🤣🤣 Maybe he would help shift the sh** we have and we might attract a better quality of sh**!!
-
It's not the result, it's the team selection/formation and subs. Enough is enough. He is always experimenting. Ralph out. Poch in. Certain players out. Established striker in. Established CB in. No10/Winger in.
-
That rate gives us 44/45 points so probably acceptable.
-
I think part of the problem regarding level of fee is that (pretty obviously I think) the higher the transfer fee is the higher the salary is. Even though it was Reed who said it a while back (if I'm remembering correctly) we might know be able to afford one or two players in the mid 20ms or even into the 30ms but perhaps the jump I'm salary is too much🤷♂️ Having said that I do think we will sign a striker in the mid to high 20ms as anything less probably means "young" (again) or actually not that great; or perhaps "end of career. This next striker signing needs to focus entirely on quality for now and not potential.
-
Totally this. Would love him here.
-
The McCarthy bit is fine.
-
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1554916787384467463?t=3cHvg4Wbnl-BsFsLCqVlZQ&s=19
-
Are we in for him?
