Bye bye Pompey ,Pompey bye bye!

simo

nonsense you had Gregory? and the owners before that I can't reacll their name but were local builders.Thye both lost fortunes trying to get you up and then you went skint.

Your fans abused them over at least 20 years.Probably before your time as Pompey were not in the PL then.

Nick Nack, even for you that's a very dumb comment. The only reason we "abused" any of our boards was when they stopped investing and almost let the club go to the wall (Deacon showed what he was all about when we got promoted to the top flight back in the 80's by refusing to strengthen the team even going as far as selling our captain Mick Kennedy when an offer came in for him) and whilst Jim Gregory was a decent chairman his son Martin was a complete **** who asset stripped the club to within an inch of it's life before Mandaric bailed us out.

I'm confused. Is it OK for your lot to abuse your boards but not Pompey because you seem to have been doing quite a lot of it lately.

Lastly, there's always lots of talk on here about a couple of seasons when we averaged 8000-9000 average crowds. That was when the club was on it's knees due to lack of investment. Given that your crowd last night was only buoyed to 14,900 by 1200 Ipswich fans that means you've lost 18,000 fans since relegation in just three years. If you continue in your current fall from grace (maybe even dropping another division or two) how long do you think it will be before we see you getting similar crowds?

Ahh corp, thought you were avoiding this thread after you asked for a direct quote from the mail article.... and got one :D

My last post of the day Archie - but as I'm leaving at lunch time to go and see Pompey in the UEFA Cup I'm sure I'll get over that disappointment :D

I'l post the mail article below. Show me a direct quote from it where Gaydamak Snr says he owns Pompey.

Arcadi Gaydamak has revealed he is the real owner of Portsmouth and not his son Alexandre after reports suggested the Barclays Premier League was up for sale.

The Jerusalem-based Russian-Israeli businessman listed all his assets to Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronot, including Portsmouth which he values at £300million.

Gaydamak made the claims in a bid to counter accusations that financial difficulties were threatening his £1billion personal fortune, reports The Independent.

He also insists Portsmouth’s proposed new ground will be built in partnership with the Dubai royal family, who today denied they were in negotiations to buy Liverpool.

However Gaydamak's statement poses a problem for Portsmouth who are aware of his interview.

Now, the article from the Mail reports that Gaydamak Snr says he owns Pompey but I fail to see a direct quote in the section above where he claims that personally. Gary Double at PFC says he's seen the article and that there is no mention of it, just a reference to PFC being worth £300m and an image of our proposed new ground. That's a long way from him saying he owns us. It could be that he did say it but the article above contains no direct quotes, just reportage by The Mail (a bastion of accurate reporting I'm sure we'd all agree).

So, until someone posts the actual article from the Israeli newspaper we don't know for sure what was actually said.

Unless you can provide me with that direct quote of course.

See you tomorrow all - unless Baj pulls his finger out and activates my account.

Nick Nack, even for you that's a very dumb comment. The only reason we "abused" any of our boards was when they stopped investing and almost let the club go to the wall (Deacon showed what he was all about when we got promoted to the top flight back in the 80's by refusing to strengthen the team even going as far as selling our captain Mick Kennedy when an offer came in for him) and whilst Jim Gregory was a decent chairman his son Martin was a complete **** who asset stripped the club to within an inch of it's life before Mandaric bailed us out.

I'm confused. Is it OK for your lot to abuse your boards but not Pompey because you seem to have been doing quite a lot of it lately.

Lastly, there's always lots of talk on here about a couple of seasons when we averaged 8000-9000 average crowds. That was when the club was on it's knees due to lack of investment. Given that your crowd last night was only buoyed to 14,900 by 1200 Ipswich fans that means you've lost 18,000 fans since relegation in just three years. If you continue in your current fall from grace (maybe even dropping another division or two) how long do you think it will be before we see you getting similar crowds?

So did your fans abuse your board yes or no? If you dont reply by 10 oclock tonight you admit you are a pathetic little toady

Edited by OldNick

nonsense you had Gregory? and the owners before that I can't reacll their name but were local builders.Thye both lost fortunes trying to get you up and then you went skint.

Your fans abused them over at least 20 years.Probably before your time as Pompey were not in the PL then.

John Deacon..? According to Alan Ball's autobiography, the reason why Deacon lost so much money was that he irresponsibly compromised the Portsmouth football team by trying to establish a high quality professional basketball side in Portsmouth.

John Deacon..? According to Alan Ball's autobiography, the reason why Deacon lost so much money was that he irresponsibly compromised the Portsmouth football team by trying to establish a high quality professional basketball side in Portsmouth.

You got it St Landrew.....thats exactly what he did..If my memory serves me right they were called The solent Stars, i believe they won the national league

We could not understand why as it took so long to get us div one only to blow it on a basket ball team.

what has that got to do with the Pompey fans telling us that they didnt abuse the board when they did.

Alan Ball also said they'd easily fill a 40k stadium.

You got it St Landrew.....thats exactly what he did..If my memory serves me right they were called The solent Stars, i believe they won the national league

We could not understand why as it took so long to get us div one only to blow it on a basket ball team.

He didnt blow it on a basketball team, you were not good enough to stay up and fans always look for an excuse, we are a fine example of fans looking for someone to blame.