Jordy Clasie Signs - Official

Saint-Armstrong

I can't see the problem. If you are a pro you expect to play every game, so you should be ready for all games. If you are then not chosen, then you can go.

Mental preparation is very important. These are not machines and it's not like choosing which bike you're going to use for a leg of the Tour de France. A bicycle doesn't need to be motivated. As has been said earlier, a player can do well in one game and then dropped for the next, and not even find out about that until minutes before kickoff. It's very poor man-management.

Mental preparation is very important. These are not machines and it's not like choosing which bike you're going to use for a leg of the Tour de France. A bicycle doesn't need to be motivated. As has been said earlier, a player can do well in one game and then dropped for the next, and not even find out about that until minutes before kickoff. It's very poor man-management.

It's not feasibly possible to announce the team "minutes before kick-off" - team-sheets get submitted 60-90 minutes beforehand and they will know then.

If they somehow miss that, then the team being announced over the tannoy at 2 o'clock might give them an idea if they're playing.

All players should prepare 100% regardless. Personally, I feel its good man-management as it means all players are kept on their toes right till 90 mins before kick off.

Would you rather have a 'mentally unprepared' player starting the game should a starter suffer an injury the day of kick off?

All players should prepare 100% regardless. Personally, I feel its good man-management as it means all players are kept on their toes right till 90 mins before kick off.

Would you rather have a 'mentally unprepared' player starting the game should a starter suffer an injury the day of kick off?

I would rather have a team that was mentally prepared for the task ahead. In Puel's system every player is mentally unprepared.

It's not feasibly possible to announce the team "minutes before kick-off" - team-sheets get submitted 60-90 minutes beforehand and they will know then.

If they somehow miss that, then the team being announced over the tannoy at 2 o'clock might give them an idea if they're playing.

The team-sheets are given to the FA officials and not the players but whatever, it is a matter of minutes and not hours.

Puel has demoralized our players (e.g. Clasie, JayRod, Ward-Prowse, Boufal) by "dropping you after you played well" and "keeping secret on whether you will play next game". I could see no one were willing to play well, or shot on target for fear that he should get dropped in the second half of the last season. As Puel has gone, the new manager needs to deal with the players' morale, giving every players the opportunities to shine and re-establishing the selection based on performance rule.

Strange post.

I spent long parts of matches this last seson on 'player watch', watching JRod ball watching, rather than anticipating / gambling and Boufal beat several players and fall over. JWP had a good season with no evidence of being demoralised and Clasie is not really good enough for the robustness of the Premier League. (Hojberg may have reason to moan but he doesn't get a mention in the post ).

With only eleven places up for grabs , how is a manager supposed to react to a poor performance ?

Edited by Kingsland Red

Strange post.

I spent long parts of matches this lat seson on 'player watch', watching JRod ball watching, rather than anticipating / gambling and Boufal beat several players and fall over. JWP had a good season with no evidence of being demoralised and Clasie is not really good enough for the robustness of the Premier League. (Hojberg may have reason to moan but he doesn't get a mention in the post ).

With only eleven places up for grabs , how is a manager supposed to react to a poor performance ?

Poor performance, good performance, it made no difference to the way the manager responded.

• 4 weeks later...