Jordy Clasie Signs - Official

Saint-Armstrong

Wonder if Koeman will be allowed to talk about our targets after the draw on Friday....;)

Not sure what the euro draw would have to do with it? Kbilly alluded to can dyke but that seemed it. Be nice for another quality player or two.

Congrats to all of you guys on signing our (Former) star!

Saints got him for a decent price, I'm sure he will shine in your jersey!

Goodluck next season, greetz from the Netherlands!

Thanks, and best wishes for Feyenoord next season too.

Tease!

Any more clue's for us, Guan 2.0?

Beyond The positions? I can't, even if KBSS has started shouting! Still annoyed the club beat the announcement by two hours! Oh, and the club were so forceful because they are hopeful that Clasie will not only be a marquee signing, but also a gateway to other continental players (but that's not exactly classified info)

Lots of euphoric feeling around coaches and management tonight, which is why i wouldn't rule out the club being more open about our strategy on Fri.

Pleased we've finally brought someone in to fill the space left by Simon Gillett.

Watched Ben Reeves tonight. He played most of the second half for MK Dons. Great player who was at the centre of everything. Reminded me of JWP with his deliveries. Cody Cropper was saying that he thinks he's as equally gifted as Lallana and JWP. Be interesting to see if he ever makes the step back up to a Prem team.

Beyond The positions? I can't, even if KBSS has started shouting! Still annoyed the club beat the announcement by two hours! Oh, and the club were so forceful because they are hopeful that Clasie will not only be a marquee signing, but also a gateway to other continental players (but that's not exactly classified info)

Lots of euphoric feeling around coaches and management tonight, which is why i wouldn't rule out the club being more open about our strategy on Fri.

Cheers Guan. Much appreciated.

Not sure on the veracity of the source, but interesting:

@joethomlinson: There are issues with #Clasie's hamstrings and hip region, but they were only minor & due to a poor training regime at Feyenoord. #SaintsFC

@joethomlinson: #Clasie is fit, but slightly overcooked due to playing far too many minutes last season at Feyenoord. Just needs time to recover. #SaintsFC

@joethomlinson: #SaintsFC view #Clasie as a future star of Dutch football & expect him to improve with the English football's pace. Very exciting signing.

Cheers mate! Stay with us for a season or two and enjoy the ride. We want to be every Dutch football fans second team.

Welcome to the forum Tommus and thanks for the kind words. Good luck to Feyenoord too!

ITK. First time for everything.

WTF is that supposed to mean? I've never made bold claims about being ITK. I've simply passed on snippets of info where possible. It's your choice if you choose to believe them of not.

Tonight I was at a friendly in Ireland between Cabinteely and MK Dons. I spoke to Ben Reeves and Cody Cropper. Cody talked openly about players who've moved on. I asked about Jack Cork and he said that Saints offered to double his wages and were very keen to keep him. He actually went to Swansea for lower wages than Saints had offered because they guaranteed first team football. I realise this isn't breaking news but all I'm doing is passing on things that may be of interest. I'm sure you'd do the same?

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

Pretty much everyone, here and beyond, seems amazed we've got him so cheap...

The cynic and/or pessimist in me is wondering what the catch is....does seem slightly too good to be true. Good job I'm mainly an optimist though :)

Watched Ben Reeves tonight. He played most of the second half for MK Dons. Great player who was at the centre of everything. Reminded me of JWP with his deliveries. Cody Cropper was saying that he thinks he's as equally gifted as Lallana and JWP. Be interesting to see if he ever makes the step back up to a Prem team.

Have to say that when saw him play for the first team I thought he looked a great prospect withScholes like tendencies and couldn't understand us letting him go, but then again I only saw a few cameos so found it hard to argue with those that saw him on regular basis. We certainly had a lot of CM at the time.

Clasie is a good, impressive signing, but will it make so much difference in attracting other players?

And why does Koeman need to talk about strategy or targets?

All a bit cryptic.