Jordy Clasie Signs - Official

Saint-Armstrong

No, no, no. It does not contain the vital element:

You are my Jordy,

My Jordy Clasie,

Our little dutchman, in the midfield,

You may be tiny, but you hate Pompey,

So, please don't take our Jordy away..

I know it was tongue in cheek, but that's actually pretty good.

We haven't used that tune for a while either, have we??

No, no, no. It does not contain the vital element:

You are my Jordy,

My Jordy Clasie,

Our little dutchman, in the midfield,

You may be tiny, but you hate Pompey,

So, please don't take our Jordy away..

I've been singing this around the windmill while harvesting the tulips this evening. It works for me. I'll be glad to get these clogs off though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

How about a new tune, not used in the PL afaik, nicking it from ze Germans....

We've got Jordy Clasie,

We've got Jordy Clasie,

We've got Jordy Clasie, SFC

It's got so few words I'm sure even some of most knuckle dragging fans couldn't cock it up?

I know it was tongue in cheek, but that's actually pretty good.

We haven't used that tune for a while either, have we??

Bl00dy Hell! It doesn't take much to please these does it? In my day it would have been:

"Sha-la-la-la Jordy Clas-ie", repeat ad nausium

Love the look of him he's like a deep lying playmaker, alongside wanyama he could really flourish.

On a side note Adidas have given the academy lads an absolute haul of sporting attire. (Source - brother plays for the U-12s)

From 0:50 on this vid -

There's a touch of class,

In every pass,

He's got that one special thing,

When he's on the ball,

Cos Clasie played in the world cup finals.

(Toyed with the idea of having the last line as "And Clasie he won't sign for Liverpool", but that might make us look a bit small time).

Congrats to you guys on signing our little meastro! Sad and happy at the same time to see him go.

Already was a big fan of the Saints with Koeman and Pelle joining, will be watching even more now.

This is a game I will never forget, Clasie was a real leader that night.

Clasie shot @ 50:13

1-0 @ 1:04:00

2-0 @ 1:31:30

A little off topic but any of you guys having the privilege to be watch him shine one more time in the most beautiful stadium in the world next week? Hope you guys can go far in Europe this season !

Just watched this full 90. I've got to be honest and say that, having watched that, I am pretty concerned about whether Clasie will cope with the pace of the prem. He seems to take quite a bit of time to recover from each moment of exertion and didn't look totally on the pace of this game. Maybe with a full pre-season with Saints under his belt he can step up?

Just watched this full 90. I've got to be honest and say that, having watched that, I am pretty concerned about whether Clasie will cope with the pace of the prem. He seems to take quite a bit of time to recover from each moment of exertion and didn't look totally on the pace of this game. Maybe with a full pre-season with Saints under his belt he can step up?

Will obviously take time to get used to the speed and physicality of the PL, but I'm sure he can cope.

He also played 60 something games last season apparently, which is way too many and he won't play anything like that for us I don't think.

Got to remember he is a different player to Morgan who is very athletic, covers a lot of ground and is able to cover for full backs very well.

Are you Glasgow in disguise? He used to pull the "just watched the full 90" nonsense too.

Will obviously take time to get used to the speed and physicality of the PL, but I'm sure he can cope.

He also played 60 something games last season apparently, which is way too many and he won't play anything like that for us I don't think.

Got to remember he is a different player to Morgan who is very athletic, covers a lot of ground and is able to cover for full backs very well.

We could end up playing 73 games. I hope he is ready for that.

Thought he was a passenger in the game; really struggled to impose any kind of authority or grip on the game. Counted very few forward passes with his head up; at least, one hospital ball in the 2nd half nearly put the CB in trouble.

That said, it was a very frenetic and scrappy game (think WBA vs Stoke), with possession constantly breaking down, so its difficult to draw conclusions. Feyenoord's CBs really struggled against the high pressure of Seville's attackers who seemed to go two up top, choking any balls into Clasie, with the result they went long more often than not.

Feyenoord reminded me a bit of us - very well-organised but lacking a certain spark in the final third (Boetius's unpredictability and Toornstra's drive apart). That said, they deserved to win - Seville paid the price for trying the spoil, coming into the game only when it was too late.

Thought he was a passenger in the game; really struggled to impose any kind of authority or grip on the game. Counted very few forward passes with his head up; at least, one hospital ball in the 2nd half nearly put the CB in trouble.

That said, it was a very frenetic and scrappy game (think WBA vs Stoke), with possession constantly breaking down, so its difficult to draw conclusions. Feyenoord's CBs really struggled against the high pressure of Seville's attackers who seemed to go two up top, choking any balls into Clasie, with the result they went long more often than not.

Feyenoord reminded me a bit of us - very well-organised but lacking a certain spark in the final third (Boetius's unpredictability and Toornstra's drive apart). That said, they deserved to win - Seville paid the price for trying the spoil, coming into the game only when it was too late.

Yes. Slightly concerning that one of their fans picked this out as an example of him playing well and showing real leadership. I thought the game largely passed him by. He seemed to jog around slightly off the pace of the game, not showing enough to give the CBs easy passes. As you say, he did very little with the ball when he had it. Miles and miles off the midfield general that was Morgan...

Cla-sie, now that we've signed you

you ought to know,

we'll build a team around you,

we love you so.

Jordy, you can show you're a hero

A Saints hero.......

Presumably most recognised the tune - "Baby, now that I've found you" - The Foundations

Edited by Wes Tender

Yes. Slightly concerning that one of their fans picked this out as an example of him playing well and showing real leadership. I thought the game largely passed him by. He seemed to jog around slightly off the pace of the game, not showing enough to give the CBs easy passes. As you say, he did very little with the ball when he had it. Miles and miles off the midfield general that was Morgan...

Yes because Morgan never had a bad game ever.......

Yes because Morgan never had a bad game ever.......

Remember that this was a game that a Feyenoord fan picked out as one of his good ones... I was as guilty of being on the Gaston band-wagon last time around and am again guilty of having been on the Clasie band-wagon this time around. The YouTube videos looked amazing. Watching that 90 minutes has left me feeling rather less confident. Hopefully a good pre-season can get him up to the pace of the prem. There is no doubting his talent with the ball, or his abilities to harry opposition players etc. But he just didn't look fit enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Edited by mcbendy
Typo

Remember that this was a game that a Feyenoord fan picked out as one of his good ones... I was as guilty of being on the Gaston band-wagon last time around and am again guilty of having been on the Clasie band-wagon this time around. The YouTube videos looked amazing. Watching that 90 minutes has left me feeling rather less confident. Hopefully a good pre-season can get him up to the pace of the prem. There is no doubting his talent with the ball, or his abilities to harry opposition players etc. But he just didn't look fit enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Well I am a Feyenoord fan and besides the result, the game wasn't that good at all. I think Sevilla could have easily stomped us but were just not that willing to do so. You can see that the moments they apply pressure problems start to occur. If this was their EL final, they would have won no doubt.

Last season was ****e. Fred Rutten (last season's manager, luckily gone now) is known to apply unbalanced training, that is why your medical of Clasie revealed minor issues. At the last, say, 10 games of the season the players were not 100% fit as a result of this. That is why we just collapsed. Clasie had some good games, but in the last Koeman season he was better. I do blame this on the manager and team in general. One of his better games last season was against Ajax away as far as I recall.

Will be awkward to see him on your side next week.

Well I am a Feyenoord fan and besides the result, the game wasn't that good at all. I think Sevilla could have easily stomped us but were just not that willing to do so. You can see that the moments they apply pressure problems start to occur. If this was their EL final, they would have won no doubt.

Last season was ****e. Fred Rutten (last season's manager, luckily gone now) is known to apply unbalanced training, that is why your medical of Clasie revealed minor issues. At the last, say, 10 games of the season the players were not 100% fit as a result of this. That is why we just collapsed. Clasie had some good games, but in the last Koeman season he was better. I do blame this on the manager and team in general. One of his better games last season was against Ajax away as far as I recall.

Will be awkward to see him on your side next week.

Thanks for that explanation. I haven't watched that whole game but I don't think you can learn a lot about watching one performance anyway. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play for Southampton.

I watched it I agree in that game he was a passenger but it's just one game, can see why the it's been said that he needs to be put in the gym tho he definitely doesn't look as fit as he can be.

Also why do Feyenoord sing you'll never walk alone. Big club like that copying a song from Liverpool :uhoh:

Oi to all the Southampton fans. You signed a great player for a bargain really. I just wanted to wish you guys goodluck for the next season. I will follow Southampton now even more with Pelle and Clasie in your squad.

I also see you guys are trying to fix a chant for him. Now that he left us, I suddenly came up with one. Such a bummer we didn't ever used this one for Clasie at our games.

On this melody between 1:32 till 1:47

Tutututu Jordy Clasie

Tutututu Jordy Clasie

Tutututu Jordy Clasie

Tututututututu tututututututu

Tutututu Jordy Clasie

Tutututu Jordy Clasie

Tutututu Jordy Clasie

Tututututututu tututututututu

Its fairly simple, but i bet it would sound great in the stadium.

• 1 year later...

Just watching a video of Davy Klaassen who's about to sign for Everton but couldn't help thinking how bad the Eredivisie looks which makes him look ok. I thought I'd check out a Clasie video from the Eredivisie for a comparison and he looks 100 times better, shame we haven't seen him replicated it here.

Just watching a video of Davy Klaassen who's about to sign for Everton but couldn't help thinking how bad the Eredivisie looks which makes him look ok. I thought I'd check out a Clasie video from the Eredivisie for a comparison and he looks 100 times better, shame we haven't seen him replicated it here.

I just don't think Jordy has the physical power (or stamina) to compete in the Premier league.

I want him to prove me wrong.

I just don't think Jordy has the physical power (or stamina) to compete in the Premier league.

I want him to prove me wrong.

His apologists say we need to give him more time because he missed pre-season training in 2015. But, nearly all of our new players miss pre-season training because we leave it to the last minute to sign them, and to compound the problem, they are often injured when they arrive.