Puel In / Out 2017 Edition

St Chalet

Puel In  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In

Wasn't a fan of Puel as didn't like his style and I still think he needs to find a way for us to beat teams that sit back and make us break them down (West Brom, Burnley etc.) but those two games v Liverpool were a thing of beauty and the tactics were absolutely spot on with last night especially being one of the most well executed Saints performances I've seen in recent years.

Mr Puel, you've brought me back on side.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42347378

Journalist Philippe Auclair told BBC Sport Southampton's decision to dispose of Puel after one season was regarded as "ludicrous" in France.

He said: "I did not understand how Southampton could do away with him like that - unless they always saw him as a 'ferryman' who'd take them safely to the other side of the river, and then bye-bye.

"The idea he promotes 'negative' football is utter rubbish. He's a pragmatist, which is not the same thing at all. He inherited a Southampton side which wasn't exactly as packed with talent as under Mauricio Pochettino and Ronald Koeman. He saw his job to maximise the material at his disposal. He did that - and then some."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42347378

Journalist Philippe Auclair told BBC Sport Southampton's decision to dispose of Puel after one season was regarded as "ludicrous" in France.

He said: "I did not understand how Southampton could do away with him like that - unless they always saw him as a 'ferryman' who'd take them safely to the other side of the river, and then bye-bye.

"The idea he promotes 'negative' football is utter rubbish. He's a pragmatist, which is not the same thing at all. He inherited a Southampton side which wasn't exactly as packed with talent as under Mauricio Pochettino and Ronald Koeman. He saw his job to maximise the material at his disposal. He did that - and then some."

Probably a fair assessment. But the last game of the season against Stoke (0-1 loss) and I thought the players didn't seem to be playing for him, for whatever reason. Lacking motivation and going through the motions. Maybe we should have sacked a few players instead !?

Probably a fair assessment. But the last game of the season against Stoke (0-1 loss) and I thought the players didn't seem to be playing for him, for whatever reason. Lacking motivation and going through the motions. Maybe we should have sacked a few players instead !?

There have been a lot of rumours that certain players wanted him out, which if true put Reed in a difficult position. Half the fans turning on him was maybe the straw that broke the camel's back. Reminds me of the same with Luggy getting unfairly sacked after allegedly losing the dressing room, and we all know what happened after that.

We need MP and Watson out, and definitely Black too (I have no idea if he is in some way responsible for the players turning on the manager, but his appalling record suggests something is not right with him at clubs. Of course it could simply be because he's a terrible coach).

Then bring in a good manager and assistants, who won't take shit from any player.