Thread: Palace Away

Default Palace Away

Tickets on sale to Member today - and over 65's only 20

Rude to say no!!

Was surprised it got this far

https://tickets.saintsfc.co.uk/Pages...AD8SVme5q4qs0=

Only showing blocks R, S & T on the OS, I'm assuming we took the full allocation and U & V are already sold and removed? Just a handful remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    https://tickets.saintsfc.co.uk/Pages...AD8SVme5q4qs0=

Only showing blocks R, S & T on the OS, I'm assuming we took the full allocation and U & V are already sold and removed? Just a handful remaining.
    Yes full allocation, only 50 tickets left

Palace now sold out

More tickets now on sale, but think all are restrcted view

Anyone any idea how bad the restricted view seats are at Palace?? Bit reluctant to go on the beers, get there and find we're behind a post/sat below the pitch level etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by LeBizzier69 View Post
    Anyone any idea how bad the restricted view seats are at Palace?? Bit reluctant to go on the beers, get there and find we're behind a post/sat below the pitch level etc etc
    everyone stands anyway, and you can stand anywhere, i wouldnt worry about it.

Rail travel seems expensive, any tips please

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Walking is cheaper

Depends how many of you are going, SWT group save (3 or more) gives you 33% off as standard, advance tickets can get you a fair bit off if you're lucky. Also worth looking at the Southampton to Victoria line (takes longer but more deals).

Other thing to look at is ticket splitting https://new.trainsplit.com/

In all honesty if you're doing regular away games it's worth getting a Network rail card as it's only about 30 and you save that in 2/3 trips.

Restricted view at Palace is arguably one of the worst in the country, they have a few massive pillars from roof to ground, if you're behind one of those then good luck seeing anything!

Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Depends how many of you are going, SWT group save (3 or more) gives you 33% off as standard, advance tickets can get you a fair bit off if you're lucky. Also worth looking at the Southampton to Victoria line (takes longer but more deals).

In all honesty if you're doing regular away games it's worth getting a Network rail card as it's only about 30 and you save that in 2/3 trips.

Restricted view at Palace is arguably one of the worst in the country, they have a few massive pillars from roof to ground, if you're behind one of those then good luck seeing anything!
    The way we played at Huddersfield it would be a blessing

Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post

regards splitting fares, works out cheaper from Salisbury to split fare at Basingstoke, using Network card whihc saves you 33%, this saves you a further 6 on return to London

I have 2 x palace away tickets for sale, 62 for pair, block T row 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South Western Railways (new name for South West Trains) are doing a half-price offer during September.

Southampton to Waterloo is 7.25 each way. You have to book online in advance (which means up to 23.59 the day before travel).

There's 100000 available so get in early.
    Last edited by ecuk268; 05-09-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecuk268 View Post
    South Western Railways (new name for South West Trains) are doing a half-price offer during September.

Southampton to Waterloo is 7.25 each way. You have to book online in advance (which means up to 23.59 the day before travel).

I cant see this anywhere. Have you got a link please?

Okay. Found it. Not the greatest deal I the world when you have a railcard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyb5443 View Post
    I have 2 x palace away tickets for sale, 62 for pair, block T row 17

These are sold

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    Okay. Found it. Not the greatest deal I the world when you have a railcard anyway.
    With my railcard it's 24.70 from Southampton or 27.20 if you want to go earlier so 14.50 is quite a difference

Blog Entries

Sell your house and move closer to Selhurst ;-)

With my railcard it's 24.70 from Southampton or 27.20 if you want to go earlier so 14.50 is quite a difference
    Right, well I can get two returns (after 10-30) for around 30, but maybe that is the deal it's quoting me anyway!

Chandlers Ford to Fareham - 7.00 rtn
    Fareham to Selhurst - 12.00 rtn
    all using a railcard

Saves going near Clapham Junction as they have engineering works planned for that weekend

Quote Originally Posted by arfurdent View Post
    Chandlers Ford to Fareham - 7.00 rtn
    Fareham to Selhurst - 12.00 rtn
    all using a railcard

Saves going near Clapham Junction as they have engineering works planned for that weekend
    Cunning plan.

I have a spare ticket, face value, 07977445236

This 'deal' looks like it's a load of old ******, I've found nothing available on the promotion for a number of dates I've put in.

Best I've seen for Palace (without a Railcard) is Southampton Central to Victoria 12.00 leaving at 9.13am, returning Victoria to Soton 8.50 18.36. Only ballsache is nearly 2 1/2hr trip both ways!

Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    This 'deal' looks like it's a load of old ******, I've found nothing available on the promotion for a number of dates I've put in.

Best I've seen for Palace (without a Railcard) is Southampton Central to Victoria 12.00 leaving at 9.13am, returning Victoria to Soton 8.50 18.36. Only ballsache is nearly 2 1/2hr trip both ways!
    But you do not need to go to Victoria. Get off at Selhurst or East Croydon and get a 3 min train to Selhurst. East Croydon has a Wetherspoons by the station which opens at 8.00 unlike the one at Thornton Heath which opens at 10.00. Selhurst is 15 minutes walk to the ground

26. Default

Last edited by Papa Shango; 10-09-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arfurdent View Post
    But you do not need to go to Victoria. Get off at Selhurst or East Croydon and get a 3 min train to Selhurst. East Croydon has a Wetherspoons by the station which opens at 8.00 unlike the one at Thornton Heath which opens at 10.00. Selhurst is 15 minutes walk to the ground
    You're right of course but I was talking more personally, we like to make a day of it and drink in central London before moving on to the game. My info was probably more useful for like-minded types.

Clapham Junction will be a disaster area on Saturday due to the Waterloo engineering works - AVOID

The Thornton Heath Wetherspoons does not open until 10.00

One spare ticket for Saturday for sale