Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Jose Fonte interview

  1. #51

    Default

    Fonte had become a red card in waiting in every game, as his legs had gone by the time he left Southampton.

    Had he played a Europa League game, would he not have been cup-tied and prevented from playing in Europe for any of the big clubs he imagined to be craving his signature?

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaveloyMush View Post
    Fonte had become a red card in waiting in every game, as his legs had gone by the time he left Southampton.
    Exactly.

    He was ****ing woeful at West Ham. Heís doing well in France, great, good for him, but we play in England.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    3,262
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I'd disagree there. We had plenty of experience in the likes of Virgil, Yoshida, Bertrand and Cedric after Fonte left. There is no magic formula he could have passed on, the players we recruited were simply not good enough. I think had he stayed and played, we'd have create another 04/05 situation with Lundekvam playing along side Davenport, Kenton and Higgy. Those players never looked like they were benefiting from Claus' experience. He looked past it and off the pace, the others just were never good enough.



    I've still yet to see one person explain how that's possible.
    Did you listen to the interview? Reed leaked a fabricated story to the papers that Fonte had handed in a written transfer request.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    12,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    Did you listen to the interview? Reed leaked a fabricated story to the papers that Fonte had handed in a written transfer request.
    Yes, your point being?

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    3,262
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Some very transparent and suspiciously biased posters on the Fonte discussion threads. Odd that some posters seem to have such loyalty for the club / Reed that they will still even now actively seek to discredit any negative press aimed at those decisions.

    Its beyond a joke that we let him go given the wages and money Reed has gone on to waste on other players. Ditto Koeman and ditto numerous others. Reed absolutely dismantled the club we were on course to be and stole a very exciting future from all of us and future generations.

    And spare me from another Reedist trying to give credit to Reed for the promotion team (as was done in the other thread), he wasn't even at the club when that core was signed

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,212

    Default

    If Jose was so desperate to stay, why didn’t he sign the new contract? If Reed was so desperate to get rid of him, why did he offer him a new contract? If Jose was happy, why employ an agent who is know for playing hard ball. Where did the stories about the interest from Manchester United come from? Reed? I didn’t want Fonte to go, but I don’t believe for one minute that he was blameless in what transpired. The fact that he ended up at West Ham rather than a “big club” shows us what the real interest was behind the scene and even at West Ham Jose failed to live up to his post Euros hype.

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    12,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    Some very transparent and suspiciously biased posters on the Fonte discussion threads. Odd that some posters seem to have such loyalty for the club / Reed that they will still even now actively seek to discredit any negative press aimed at those decisions.

    Its beyond a joke that we let him go given the wages and money Reed has gone on to waste on other players. Ditto Koeman and ditto numerous others. Reed absolutely dismantled the club we were on course to be and stole a very exciting future from all of us and future generations.

    And spare me from another Reedist trying to give credit to Reed for the promotion team (as was done in the other thread), he wasn't even at the club when that core was signed
    Still haven't explained how Reed forced Fonte out of the club.

  8. #58

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    Some very transparent and suspiciously biased posters on the Fonte discussion threads. Odd that some posters seem to have such loyalty for the club / Reed that they will still even now actively seek to discredit any negative press aimed at those decisions.

    Its beyond a joke that we let him go given the wages and money Reed has gone on to waste on other players. Ditto Koeman and ditto numerous others. Reed absolutely dismantled the club we were on course to be and stole a very exciting future from all of us and future generations.

    And spare me from another Reedist trying to give credit to Reed for the promotion team (as was done in the other thread), he wasn't even at the club when that core was signed
    You still havenít explained how presiding over our second best period in history robbed us of our potential.

  9. #59

    Default

    I imagine that selling our best players and replacing them with dross would perhaps help explain.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Forever View Post
    I imagine that selling our best players and replacing them with dross would perhaps help explain.
    Which players who left do you think could have been persuaded to stay?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •