The Pekhart File

Saint Bones

Having finally got to watch my beloved Saints play ( OS Supporter) I was mildy dissapointed with the performance - Mainly I'd say as I'd bigged myself up for a great performance from reading the two previous match reports.

That aside I was impressed with some of our play and the abilities of our youngsters. I though personally McGoldrick had a good game yesterday - So am finding it suprising that many are calling for Pekhart to start against QPR.

Can people who have seen this lad explain a bit about his game to me.

I can see McGoldrick not quite being the able 'hold up' man but havent we got Stern John for that role ?

Is this youngster a future star ?

Should we be playing him at the expense of our strikers - or does he have something to offer thats our strikers don't ?

Is this like the X files??

I'm not sure this should be called the file, until it's more file like I will call this the Pekhart thread.

Or is it The Pekhart-phile i.e. someone who is positively displaced towards Pekhart. As in anglo- franco- paedo, well you get my drift.

Anyway, to answer the original post I think people feel we need to be able mix up the attack with clever interplay with the front 4 (DMG good at that) but also be a bit physical in the air when needed (DMG not so good). I'm not disappointed with DMG at all, I think he's well suited to the style of play we have and I agree that he had a good game, but I would like to see Pekhart tried out if we have to find another way to break teams down - like we needed with Blackpool.

Having watched McG play yesterday, I believe he has the quality to play where Lallana played on Saturday, Lallana moves across to where White played and John, or even Pekhart, can go up front. I'd definitely find room for John, after a good season last season. That's if we haven't sold him by the end of today...

Mc G has bad close control and not enough discipline to work as a lone striker. Do not get me wrong he is a good player and fine when he has space or facing the goal. However, our system does not play to his strengths and if you want to bring attacking midfielders into the game SJ is the player to use, or give the new lad from spurs a run in the side.

If we are only going to play one striker we need one who is clinical not one who needs 4 chances for every goal, Rasiac was proven to have this ability but is gone, John has proven himself to have close to this ability but is strangely out of form, McGoldrick has proven himself not to have this ability so are only hope is that Pekhart has it or the manager decides that two up is the way to go. Our current team does not have enough goals in it for anything othrt than a low mid table finish or a relegation fight. The teams who do well in this league have a striker who gets 20-30 league goals we need one or we need the one we had back!

Mc G has bad close control and not enough discipline to work as a lone striker. Do not get me wrong he is a good player and fine when he has space or facing the goal. However, our system does not play to his strengths and if you want to bring attacking midfielders into the game SJ is the player to use, or give the new lad from spurs a run in the side.

strange, I thought I saw some pretty handy close control from McG on Saturday,what does for him is his wayward shooting,it's as if he doesn't situate the goal very well in his peripheral vision.Tends to lift the ball too much,same as Lallana,if during that flipper incident, he'd hit the ball low and in the corner instead of thigh high in the middle we'd have been one up.Got to drill the ball in from close range not hit airy fairy shots.

Anyone fancy answering the original post of what Peckhart's style of play is?

Don't suppose many know really, not a lot of fans who go to Spurs reserve matches here really.He is unproven as far as I know, Czech under 21 international doesn't mean a lot to me really.It's like being a Togolaise U21

for all I know.