Football Manager 2010 - Build up thread for (30th October 2010)

Matthew Le God

Well as there was a postal strike on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and never any post on a Sunday and a backlog of millions and millions of letters/parcels is it really a surprise? ;)

Oh really I had not noticed?

Can people not saying anything bad where FM is concerned in your book??

Was I slagging anything about the game off?? No I was not

Just disapointed that my game is not here

Why does Swindon have pretty much every players picture but Saints only have a few. This is upsetting.

Because Southampton did not send the photos to SEGA and Swindon and practically every other Football league club did.

So blame Nicola Cortese or ask him why they didn't at the next fans forum ;) :D

Because Southampton did not send the photos to SEGA and Swindon and practically every other Football league club did.

So blame Nicola Cortese or ask him why they didn't at the next fans forum ;) :D

Damn! Is there anyway I can add the photo's?

Looks like we'll all have to rely on free transfers then, anyone got any good suggestions?

After promotion to the Champ I brought in Demarcus Beasley, Saha, Dorian Dorvite, and Amdy Faye all on frees. Saha has been rubbish but the others have been quite good. Currently 6th after 20 games, but not playing all that well and having trouble scoring goals, but scarping enough 1-0 wins to be at the right end of the table...lost to Pompey though. Like you received no/little transfer budget (£20k to be exact). I'm hoping for something come January.

Does anyone play with all the leagues selected? How long does that take to load after end of each turn?

Would very much depend on the spec of your PC. Unlikely many home computers in the world are powerful enough to run all the leagues from over 50 nations possible in the game. Around 10 nations with all leagues selected runs very well on mine and I reckon I could easily do alot more. On the game setup it now gives you a 1-5 star rating analyzing your own PC's spec to tell you how well the league setup will run. My advice would be to experiment with this. :)

Edited by Matthew Le God

Would very much depend on the spec of your PC. Unlikely many home computers in the world are powerful enough to run all the leagues from over 50 nations possible in the game. Around 10 nations with all leagues selected runs very well on mine and I reckon I could easily do alot more. On the game setup it now gives you a 1-5 star rating analyzing your own PC's spec to tell you how well the league setup will run. My advice would be to experiment with this. :)

You able to explain the complete lack of cash in the 2nd season?

Top of League 1 by Xmas! Bringing in Craig Cathcart and Mellis permanantly in Jan. Still need a right winger though.

Sign Andy van der Meyde - One of the buys of the season for me - got him for 150k ish from Sheff Utd - Can play on both sides - Plays on the left wing for me

Does anyone play with all the leagues selected? How long does that take to load after end of each turn?

I must ask... what is your spec firstly?

I am running about 141 leagues (with all players, clubs retained, lol) at the moment on a half decent laptop (dual core t9400, 4gb ram, windows 7, 2.53ghz) and the runtime between games is around 7 minutes, maybe 15 in total if you account all the farting around I do with the squad, training, tactics etc (I do alot!)

What I'd love to have is a 8gb quadcore desktop for FM.... one day.... one day.... :)

You able to explain the complete lack of cash in the 2nd season?

Yep there are now 3 types of sugar daddy. Only Chelsea, Man City and Notts County have the splash the cash sugar daddy. Saints have a "background sugar daddy".

I will try and get this changed for the next data update however SI are likely to want to see us spend more cash in January to show as evidence that Saints warrant this kind of chairman long term.

notts county have really splashed the cash which is why sol left..

Yep and that may change in any update aswell.

It is hard to tell atm exactly what Liebherr will do as we still have little to base any decision on. By the signings so far it looks very likely but it is hard to convince SI that this is the case. I think it is very likely though that I will be changing the type of sugar daddy he is. You can do it yourself in the editor if you want to before any update.