Football Manager 2010 - Build up thread for (30th October 2010)

Matthew Le God

URGH SO ANNOYED!!

I recieved my copy today, went to install it and it won't let me. It keeps saying "football mnager hasn't been officially released yet"

bad times, guess i'll have to wait until midnight

If you have a DVD copy you can still play today, I got mine yesterday and have been playing.

If you have a DVD copy you can still play today, I got mine yesterday and have been playing.

I think i do have a dvd copy. it says "PC DVD" in the top right hand corner of the case.

I click on install via steam and just says "game cannot be installed"

could you possible private message me how to do it please?

I think i do have a dvd copy. it says "PC DVD" in the top right hand corner of the case.

I click on install via steam and just says "game cannot be installed"

could you possible private message me how to do it please?

Don't install it through steam. Just do it the normal way for an install and you can play it now as long as you keep the DVD in whilst playing.

Hi not really into games but loved champ man 3 as was simple and as I'm so busy its about the one manager game I will have time for. I pretty much know the answer will be no but are there other less known game makers?

Before the first champ man there were a few manager games but were s**t but before there time as well I suppose.

Hi not really into games but loved champ man 3 as was simple and as I'm so busy its about the one manager game I will have time for. I pretty much know the answer will be no but are there other less known game makers?

Before the first champ man there were a few manager games but were s**t but before there time as well I suppose.

Have you given the Football Manager 2010 or Championship Manager 2010 or FIFA Manager 2010 demos a try?

Have you given the Football Manager 2010 or Championship Manager 2010 or FIFA Manager 2010 demos a try?

No every one I bought after CM3 was naff in the sence that all I really wanted to do is to buy and sell players and decide formation, not much else as suppose I'm a bit lazy.

CM10 im sure will be way too complex for me and time consuming, unless you think not?

No every one I bought after CM3 was naff in the sence that all I really wanted to do is to buy and sell players and decide formation, not much else as suppose I'm a bit lazy.

CM10 im sure will be way too complex for me and time consuming, unless you think not?

I would recommend Football Manager 2010 it is from the makers of the CM games you played. The current Championship Managers are unrelated to the CM's of pre 2004. If you only want to buy and sell players and tactics then you can as you can get the assistant manager to do everything else.

Get the demo here Joe

http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=demo

I would recommend Football Manager 2010 it is from the makers of the CM games you played. The current Championship Managers are unrelated to the CM's of pre 2004. If you only want to buy and sell players and tactics then you can as you can get the assistant manager to do everything else.

Get the demo here Joe

http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=demo

OK mate I'll give it a go, Cheers

Ummmmmm two things.... Matt Le God, if you don't mind!?!?

Just downloaded from GAME - installed it, went to load the game and I get to the screen saying it's unable to run the came as it can't locate the disc. Now, do I have to use a disk mounter for a digital download?

And secondly, I cannot find where I put the XML file for the update Steve has mentioned???

Any ideas??? thank you!

I retained every club possible with my DDT files (290,000 players!), made every league playable, updated Saints with Connolly, Antonio etc, made plenty of transfer changes and used a competition editor to be able to manage right down to Sydenhams Wessex 1.

The new editor system using files? GENIUS.

I am Fareham Town with a full squad of real players :-o

This is incredible. :-o Thank you SI, thank you. I love this.

Edited by Crab Lungs

I retained every club possible with my DDT files (290,000 players!), made every league playable, updated Saints with Connolly, Antonio etc, made plenty of transfer changes and used a competition editor to be able to manage right down to Sydenhams Wessex 1.

The new editor system using files? GENIUS.

I am Fareham Town with a full squad of real players :-o

This is incredible. :-o Thank you SI, thank you. I love this.

Is that on the game data already???

i play for hamble assc and wanted to manage them for banter purposes with the lads, anyway i can do this??? im still currently at work so i cant wait to play it, esp if i can manage myself!

Is that on the game data already???

i play for hamble assc and wanted to manage them for banter purposes with the lads, anyway i can do this??? im still currently at work so i cant wait to play it, esp if i can manage myself!

Mate, yes, it's possible - just compared the Hamble ASSC squads with real life and FM10 and there is only a couple of the players retained (but about 18 youth players) kinda understandable really. That said, its possible to manage them (go to the link above and grab the data file from that site)... you can also guarantee that eventually someone will bring out updates for all these leagues so the real players exist. :-)

Crab lungs you might be interested in this if you haven't used it already

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17636

Cheers mate..! Just done this, started the game (saved it, wisely!) and the sodding thing crashed when I went to approach someone for a transfer!

Updating all my drivers etc right now,hopefully that'll solve the problem.

I am sooooooo looking forward to managing at this level! :-)

Have to say i really like the game. My previous thoughts were wrong. Rather then the game continuing on its downward stale spiral it has breathed some new life into the series. Maybe that also has something to do with the fact it is good to manage Saints now in the game :)

With the weather turning **** can see many a drunken evening spent playing the game, shouting at Wotten for not accepting Wrexhams contract offer etc etc

Have to say i really like the game. My previous thoughts were wrong. Rather then the game continuing on its downward stale spiral it has breathed some new life into the series. Maybe that also has something to do with the fact it is good to manage Saints now in the game :)

With the weather turning **** can see many a drunken evening spent playing the game, shouting at Wotten for not accepting Wrexhams contract offer etc etc

agree...can make saints great again..lol