Charlton

saint_bert

Blimey a bit of a faux pas by the FL if you ask me.

The Millwall Gills rivalry runs deep, and after their hoolies got a pasting the other week from WHU I wouldn't be surprised if they want to puff their chests out a bit, plus some will see US as having a bit of history too.

You really haven't got a clue what you're going on about, have you?

As we can go where we like should be pretty easy to get all the singers/standers together I would guess!

In theory it should be easy, but in practice we will probably f*ck it up, with pockets of fans standing and singing in different places. When someone pipes up, they will get disgruntled looks by those who like to sit in silence for 90 minutes (Not having a dig, but this does happen)... And then because there will be separated pockets of fans, there won't be any songs going. I might start a new thread, calling for a decent effort by those who want to sing to group together.....

In theory it should be easy, but in practice we will probably f*ck it up, with pockets of fans standing and singing in different places. When someone pipes up, they will get disgruntled looks by those who like to sit in silence for 90 minutes (Not having a dig, but this does happen)... And then because there will be separated pockets of fans, there won't be any songs going. I might start a new thread, calling for a decent effort by those who want to sing to group together.....

Its frustrating, they should have unreserved seating at every away game, so those who want to sit in silence can sit at the front and those who want to sing can stand at the back.

Wheyyy, 4 of us going. How many are we expected to sell? Was there last year and I guess its not going to be the same atmpsophere as last time..!

I saw on a Charlton forum that they want to make it the most "intimidating atmosphere Southampton have ever played in" - So it should be good, as long as we can give some back.

I saw on a Charlton forum that they want to make it the most "intimidating atmosphere Southampton have ever played in" - So it should be good, as long as we can give some back.

They'll need to try a lot harder than they have done the past couple of seasons then, we've outsung them both times I've been there. Its my favourite away game, so I'll be up for making plenty of noise, "YELLLLLLOWS".

Hilarious.

along with Fulham and Palace they probably have the most boring support in London.

They'll need to try a lot harder than they have done the past couple of seasons then, we've outsung them both times I've been there. Its my favourite away game, so I'll be up for making plenty of noise, "YELLLLLLOWS".

Haha they are all mouth no trousers then? I just hope we take a vocal lot up there to make more noise than them, again. A repeat of the noise we made at Watford wouldn't go a miss... I am really looking forward to this game now.

Hilarious.

along with Fulham and Palace they probably have the most boring support in London.

Well if they are anything like Watford, we will definately outsing them, cos Watford had terrible home support.

Charlton fans were awful a couple of seasons ago when we drew 1-1. Only chanted when they scored. I even believe they were singing 'Super Alan Pardew' at one point.

Now they have about 5 threads on their forum about Pardew's return.

Hopefully our fans will sing more songs than the last time I went. I hate hearing 'yellows' chanted every 10 minutes.

We may manage to get 2,000 up there if Charlton allow away fans to buy on the day. If not I suspect we won't even manage 1,500.

I am going with travel club...so will probably arrive earlier than a lot of you guys.

Perhaps we had better plan where we are gonna go before we go in to the ground?

Would it work though,probably not? COYR!

I am going with travel club...so will probably arrive earlier than a lot of you guys.

Hole in the wall. I will be staying there for as long as possible before heading off to the ground.

Hm yeah it's a good point, either towards the back or clumped to one side... The one side thing was done at Sheffield Wednesday if I remember correctly, but it wasn't too effective as there was more 'sitters' than 'standers'. Either way, I just hope the majority of people going up there will be standing, then it won't be too difficult.

I reckon it would be fairly obvious who wants to stand and sing, so all those should just clump together... Again, easier said than done?

Hm yeah it's a good point, either towards the back or clumped to one side... The one side thing was done at Sheffield Wednesday if I remember correctly, but it wasn't too effective as there was more 'sitters' than 'standers'. Either way, I just hope the majority of people going up there will be standing, then it won't be too difficult.

I reckon it would be fairly obvious who wants to stand and sing, so all those should just clump together... Again, easier said than done?

Easy, get in the ground nice and early, stand near the back booze in hand and start chants half an hour before kick off, people will know where to go.

I know a few people on here don't like the Antigalican, but I love it, great atmosphere in there and love the sing alongs.

Well I hope I see you in there on Saturday it is my brothers birthday and we are out for a big session a sing song and great day out 3 points would be welcome aswell 6 of us getting the 9 am from Parkway to Waterloo then chaos & mayhem till bedtime can't wait.

UTS COYR

Would hope that sales will pick up with the news on Papa, although I think people have got a bit bored with this trip after doing it so many times in the last 10 years or so.

Is the Antigallian the meeting place then, it gets pretty full pretty early?

Hole in the Wall is pretty rubbish. Will be in London Bridge and will hopefully bump into Hemel Saint and other COLSLAW and also do some al fresco drinking at the Bunch of Grapes whatever the weather.

This is one game I willhave to miss Bungle (Daughters Graduation)!!!! However rest of COLSLAW will probably be in the Southwark Tavern in London Bridge again. Not done the Bunch Of Grapes before, is that in London Br too...?

This is one game I willhave to miss Bungle (Daughters Graduation)!!!! However rest of COLSLAW will probably be in the Southwark Tavern in London Bridge again. Not done the Bunch Of Grapes before, is that in London Br too...?

Colslaw are planning to get to the Southwark Tavern around 11am. Well all of Colslaw except Hemel Saint - Daughters Graduation poor excuse imo!

What allocation were we given ? Coz there are 570 odd left, how many have we sold at the moment? Obviously walk ups to be expected!

There's no way. For there to be 570 left we must of taken the second allocation of 2000, and we can't have sold that many in such a short space of time.