Fifa 09

St Marco

Been playing the Be a pro single player game. Really enjoying it. You start off playing reserve games. In these games your given targets i.e get a 7 rating, score a goal, help the team win etc.. if you meet these targets or generally play well you get given experience. With this you train your skills which makes you better. I chose to be a CM player so naturally i see the ball quite a bit. It is good because it shows you your stats i.e passes completed etc.. and you can see where you rank in the match against the other players. If you get sent off you have to miss games so dont get sent off!

I now see why they chose the season to be 4 years. At the end of the 4 years if you have done well and been picked to the national squad you play in the world cup. Think that is a nice edition. Playing Be A Pro season is soooo hard though. I guess it will get easier as you get better. Lots of fun though.

One slightly annoying thing i have found though is that you can get yellow cards quite easy now. Sometimes it feels that every tackle gets a card. Hopefully they patch a fix for that as i can imagine in 10 vs 10 it could be a lot of cards which will ruin it. And they seem to have used a lot of the comentary from last year. It isn't as bad as PES comentary but if you played 08 alot your be familliar with it.

Also another thing i have noticed is we have weather effects now. Playing be a pro in the snow is a bit odd.

Eurogamer have their reveiw up now too, they gave it an 8/10 and pretty much say it is the best football game they have played. Too many magazines/websites hand out 10/10 scores these days so it is good at least one place tells it like it is.

Well i would say play the demo first. It is a lot different to 08 but has a lot of the same attributes i.e hard to score,frustratingly annoying when you mess up (it is not like PES where you press shoot and the ball goes toward the goal automatically so you make a lot of human errors) etc..

Some people will hate the fact it is not easy, you can't get the ball and make a 100yrd mazzy run from your box to the other without getting tackled. It is more like real football in that it is about bursts of play. You could play **** for 89mins but in that 90th min you could put together a few good passes and get the space to get a clear shot on goal. This is i think a big reason on why people used to prefer Pro Evo is that you would have like 15+ shots on goal in a match. In Fifa 09 unless your very good your be lucky to have 10 shots the whole game. Which means it is important you take those chances when they come, which again is more like real football. So i like the game but i could easily see why some would dislike it as it has a steep learning curve, it takes time to learn it, some prefer the jump straight in and be a god straight away games, this is not one of those. Try the demo for each. If you like that buy it :)

Damn Amazon! Pay all that money for Prime and they don't fulfill their deadlines, my mate who pre-ordered it this wednesday and chose first class got it today, my Amazon Prime order that got placed 4 weeks ago still doesn't show, Amazon don't seem bothered.

Bought it locally for £45 in the end and selling the other copy for £40 to a friend, so not great.

its a complete **** take clearly spent no time looking at saints...yor average champ players are 65

james is 52

mills 45

gillet 51

schneiderlin 58

lallana 54

pekhart 54(i htink)

Have to remember the biased levels. Right now i can't name many if any reserve players from the other CCC teams who are now playing first team this year. Statisticly we are 3 points from the drop zone and have lost what 5 of our games? All the players are un-proven and more importantly unknown. If they told you to rate the players at the end of last season chances are you would not have rated them that high or maybe not knew them at all. I had never heard of Schneiderlin then, nor Pekhart etc.. can only rate on what you see and majority of the games they have been poor. Lallana has done well but he still has missed a lot of shots and not scored many etc.. seeing as most good prem players are rated around 80 i think 50+ is about right. We are a world away from that quality. So far away we got beat 1-3 by Rotheram :(

its a complete **** take clearly spent no time looking at saints...yor average champ players are 65

james is 52

mills 45

gillet 51

schneiderlin 58

lallana 54

pekhart 54(i htink)

What do you expect though, all these players have only now played a handful of Championship games. Once the update comes out in February I'm sure a lot of the stats will get improved.

I've not found it a problem though Robertson is rated 52 but he's my top goal scorer I keep smashing them in with him. Jake Thomson is also really fast so handy playing him despite his low rating, he actually won me a pen last game.

Am absolutely loving the game at the moment can't really fault it to be honest.

Love the new headering system and the fact that its a lot harder to score.

Only quivell is that im finding it too easy on Semi-Pro but too hard on Professional mode.After about 12 games in 4th in the league. Can't get off the game at the moment. The Formation im playing at the moment is a 4-3-3 like this....

Davis

Thomas.Perry.Svennson.Surman

Wotton.Euell.Skacel

BWP Pekhart John

Have also noticed that Pekhart is shiiiiiiitHHOOOTT. Can't stop scoring for me.

Anyone else finding it incredibly hard to have a shot on target from any sort of distance? I'm not on about scoring 30 yard screamers all the time, as was so easy to do on the last version, but I must be doing something wrong to not even be hitting the target!

Anyone else finding it incredibly hard to have a shot on target from any sort of distance? I'm not on about scoring 30 yard screamers all the time, as was so easy to do on the last version, but I must be doing something wrong to not even be hitting the target!

im getting the same thing, no matter who im shooting with it always rises

Has anyone else tried 10 v 10 yet? I may have just been unlucky with the people I was put with, but it was incredibly frustrating. No matter what part of the pitch or their situation at least four people refused to pass, which ruins it for everyone else. I got so annoyed I ended up being sent off in about the 50th minute, in truth I was trying to destroy a guy on my team, but I accidentally took out their player too.

Has anyone else tried 10 v 10 yet? I may have just been unlucky with the people I was put with, but it was incredibly frustrating. No matter what part of the pitch or their situation at least four people refused to pass, which ruins it for everyone else. I got so annoyed I ended up being sent off in about the 50th minute, in truth I was trying to destroy a guy on my team, but I accidentally took out their player too.

Trying to foul your team mate is admirable. Not like running with the ball, which is bang out of order.

I said on another thread this is what whould happen. Everyone wanting to be involved all the time. Might get myself a LIVE subscription just to have a go at scoring 5+ own goals in a game.

Nope I've scored some superb long range efforts so far, a 30 yarder with Schneiderlin the other day. But with the EAFootballWorld site being crap I can't upload replays. :(

Was the same with 5v5 last year, you really need to be play it with people you know and not randomers otherwise it's crap. Fifa clubs is the way to go, played a lot of that last night so awesome.

Was the same with 5v5 last year, you really need to be play it with people you know and not randomers otherwise it's crap. Fifa clubs is the way to go, played a lot of that last night so awesome.

Are you playing on PS3? If so would I be able to join your club?

If your playing against random people in 10vs10 and they play like jerks on purpose just remember the persons tag and hit avoid player option, never play against that person again. You will find idiots in every walk of life especially online. After awhile these idiots will get bored and be on so many peoples avoid lists they won't play much, leaving the normal people who want to play.

Q: Can you edit the players appearances? I haven't had fifa since.... '05?? but i love my editing etc. on pro evo (there is always a lot to do!)

The reason I ask is...basically if the players proper face isn't on the game they tend to look pretty ****e in terms of appearance....I seem to remember Anders Svensson having black hair!!