Reading whilst walking

the stain

Does anybody else do this? It seems to me to be the only way to nullify the tedium of the same half-hour walk to work every day.

People used to look at me strangely but I've noticed that a couple of people who I regularly pass going the opposite way now read as they go along too. I'm thinking of inviting them to join a book club.

n.b. I've never yet trodden in any poop.

I see no problem with it, as long as people notice they're about to bump into people coming the other way. A head down attitude doesn't give anyone the right to go barging through unannounced.

Just a few months back I was driving on the main road through the University campus. I'd just got near the Nuffield Theatre when this student just walked out into the road, head down and texting away. I had to brake fairly hard and instantly decided I would get the car quite close when it eventually stopped. This made her pop her head up. I wound down the window and said, am I in charge of your life or you..?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
And I like it when pretty ladies try to check out what I'm reading. It makes me feel like they desire me.

Until they see that you're reading "Big Jugs Monthly"...

It's usually just pictures of myself naked, tbf.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Alas, I cannot do both things as I worry too much about where I am going and I cannot concentrate on two things at once:( Maybe you could bring out a book with some advise on how it is done? You could include some pictures of yourself.

Pah! iPods cost money I haven't got. And talking books are either abridged or camped up by hammy actors. Or both.

all lies. talking books are rarely abridged, you can download them from sites (legally, too) and some of them are read with brilliant voices. And you dont need an ipod, you can listen on your phone.

i also listen out loud at night because i dont have a bedside lamp. great stuff, i love audiobooks.

A few years ago driving into Bristol in the morning I used to see some bloke walking along holding a book in front of his nose everytime...

With all due respect to The Stain,this looked a knobhead thing to do,and the chap concerned must have been an utter spastic.