Bridge and England

Viking Warrior

I see wayne bridge has been affected by his ex girlfroends behaviour

In a statement released by his lawyers, Bridge, 29, said his position in the national squad had become "untenable and potentially divisive".

No doubt cashley coles mates terry and lampard and ferdinand are siding with rrsole. I wonder what cappello will do about cole. He should be permanently dropped from the england squad

At least bridgey has made his decision with tact and diplomacy

John Terry is a ****.

Bridgey now misses out on ever young footballers dream to represent his country at the world cup because of his 'best mate' ****ging his Mrs.

**** off Terry you dirty ****.

I agree with your sentiments re terry - a non person in my eyes *****il he scores the winning goal in the world cup final then I suspect most men in the country will be offering up their wives and girlfriends)

But re the world cup, thats Bridges decision to miss out not Terry's. Bridge has got one foot in the plane if he wants. I think he will regret this decision for the rest of his life.

Oi mods - sort out the swear filter. I typed Open brackets until and got censored.

Edited by CB Saint

As a proffesional football player, Wayne Bridge should not have the option to not play for England if selected.

Last time I looked it was a free country.

I think he'll regret this decision. However, if he feels his performance will be affected if he plays along side Terry, then he won't be doing his national team any favours, will he? If you want to look at it purely from a football perspective, that is.

I really felt for him yesterday. He strikes me as a quiet, private person and all this stupid media coverage must be making his life very difficult.

If a player is called up by his national federation he has to turn up or face sanctions from FIFA, i think Capello knows that his heart isn't in it if Terry is present so will let him decide. Terry is a penis of the highest order along with Cole, but Rio managed to turn his life round and is now a model professional, sadly i think Terry and Cole are too thick to understand the problem.

Terry is a cu*t of the highest order, didn't even look Bridge in the eye yesterday in the whole handshake incident. My opinion of Chelsea fans has gone even lower now, why the f*ck were they booing Bridge? Because his mrs cheated on him and he didn't want to shake the hand of the man who was sh@gging her? Cu*ts.

Absolutely. Bridge knocked up quite a few games for Chelsea, was part of the squad when they won the title a couple of times and scored the winning goal in a Champions League quarter final against Arsenal. And they boo him because Terry nailed his Mrs? I despise the plastic ****s.

John Terry's run of form has been so poor that he might not make it onto the plane either. I don't think Capello will put up with players who may unsettle the team. I suspect Capello will be watching how the squad are interacting with him during their get together for the Egypt game.

I can't say how much I despise those Chelski C**ts yesterday, Terry is a prize p**ck of the highest order, if he wasn't a footballer he would be a local thug selling drugs on the street corner. He has the morals of a gutter rat as do most of the Plastic Chelski scum. Wayne represented their Sh*ty club for several seasons, & left on good terms, yet they boo him & abuse him for something he neither wanted to happen or would have wished to happen. A lot of the adverse publicity could have been negated, if Terry had shown some real remorse, had tried to make some gestures that he had done wrong. But by keeping silent, not offering to resign the captaincy of England he has just made things worse for himself & Wayne. This has effected Terry no matter what he says, his form is dire & mistake ridden. If England are to be united in the world cup then IMHO Capello needs to ditch JT.

Sure I saw a large section applaud him when he came off ? agree that those booing were

f()ckwits but what club doesn't have them

Yes probably agree just let my rant get in the way of rational thought ;).

There were a good % of their fans applauding him off. Heard a few of there mongs on talk sport trying to justify it though. Just think WB seems to be a genuine nice guy who doesn't deserve all this.

Just think WB seems to be a genuine nice guy who doesn't deserve all this.

Agree but what he does deserve is his place in the England squad and to forego that due to others conduct is something I do not understand, he clearly puts his son above any other achievement to date and when he is asked the question in years to come about representing his country in the world cup I think he will struggle to justify his decision (all this is, of course, easy for me to say)

John Terry's run of form has been so poor that he might not make it onto the plane either. I don't think Capello will put up with players who may unsettle the team. I suspect Capello will be watching how the squad are interacting with him during their get together for the Egypt game.

I thought that Capello was hinting at something along those lines in a recent interview - basically saying to Bridge dont make a for all time decision because things change - ie Terry might well not be on the plane.