Ex Pat - Wembley JPT

TijuanaTim

Hello there - Redondo Saint and I, amongst others were wondering how we can view the final. The club has tightened their ticket policy, attempting to ensure the correct people get tickets (which is an understandable policy) meaning that we ain't going.

So can anyone help and give us sensible advice where we can maybe watch it, or how?

Thanks as always.

Hello there - Redondo Saint and I, amongst others were wondering how we can view the final. The club has tightened their ticket policy, attempting to ensure the correct people get tickets (which is an understandable policy) meaning that we ain't going.

So can anyone help and give us sensible advice where we can maybe watch it, or how?

Thanks as always.

Think its on Sky - not sure if you get that out yonder.

If you were going to pay for the flight over, cant you pay for a s****y corp' ticket for the game? £99 - £199 I think for the club Wembley seats.

Thanks Jonny...we may have t'put that on the 'option' list.

What we're trying t'find out is if there is someone showing it....thanks everyone for the Sky info, just not sure if we can pick that up here??

Tim

For the MKD game a local sports bar here promised they would be showing it. Turned out it wasn't on any of the 3 Arabic Satellite systems nor on the South African DST system. Will do some digging but....

The pub owner had set up a Slingbox (no idea what they are but they do apparently work to allow you to watch Sky over the Internet). However on the night it wasn't working and so we ended up watching a very slow stream from Justin TV on a big screen in a pub. To be honest, it was pants.

There are tickets around via the "Sports Event Management Companies" but they are expensive compared to list. I have used them in the past for work when we needed to run events (Barca v Real Madrid for 40 customers).

So IMHO either you phone a friend with a spare (there should be some around) or you bite the bullet and get across. Although you may have left THAT a bit late with BA on strike and limiting the options.

Would not be good to go round to Justin's place to watch. PM if you need help

Tim

For the MKD game a local sports bar here promised they would be showing it. Turned out it wasn't on any of the 3 Arabic Satellite systems nor on the South African DST system. Will do some digging but....

The pub owner had set up a Slingbox (no idea what they are but they do apparently work to allow you to watch Sky over the Internet). However on the night it wasn't working and so we ended up watching a very slow stream from Justin TV on a big screen in a pub. To be honest, it was pants.

There are tickets around via the "Sports Event Management Companies" but they are expensive compared to list. I have used them in the past for work when we needed to run events (Barca v Real Madrid for 40 customers).

So IMHO either you phone a friend with a spare (there should be some around) or you bite the bullet and get across. Although you may have left THAT a bit late with BA on strike and limiting the options.

Would not be good to go round to Justin's place to watch. PM if you need help

Good points mate...just the longer it goes, the more expensive the flights and last minute arrangements...Saints doing well tonight! Ball in net - disallowed tho'

Any updates??? Anyway us ex-pats can 'watch' the game. Maybe those 'sites' already mentioned...any other ex-pat word??

FFS. :o

You can:

Go to the match

Watch the match on SKY on the telly (this will require going to a pub or club that shows SKY - you probably know the chances of this being feasible where you live better than any of us)

Watch the match on some other TV channel where you live (see above for comment on assessing the relative merits of this)

Watch the match on an internet streaming site (HINT: Google is useful for finding stuff on the internet)

FFS. :o

You can:

Go to the match

Watch the match on SKY on the telly (this will require going to a pub or club that shows SKY - you probably know the chances of this being feasible where you live better than any of us)

Watch the match on some other TV channel where you live (see above for comment on assessing the relative merits of this)

Watch the match on an internet streaming site (HINT: Google is useful for finding stuff on the internet)

You can:

Post a comment to this thread of some added value. (this will entail thinking prior to posting)

Ignore what doesn't concern you. (simple win-win scenario)

Shut the hell up. (once again after engaging brain rather engaging fellow Saints fans in frivelous confrontation)

It's not that simple for some of us a million miles away. Come on mate, you can be nicer than that. Peace out.

I can be nicer but this is one of those threads that really leaves you scratching your head (like the other one that sprang up tonight asking for the date of a match).

You are obviously internet savvy. There is a world of information there that you can access. I can understand why someone who is new to an area would want to know if there were any bars around that show SKY, for example, but as far as I know you've been out there for a while, man.

I suppose now we're all a fiver down and have pockets stuffed with wads of bandwidth it's not a big deal. I hope you get to watch the match.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood?!

I can be nicer but this is one of those threads that really leaves you scratching your head (like the other one that sprang up tonight asking for the date of a match).

You are obviously internet savvy. There is a world of information there that you can access. I can understand why someone who is new to an area would want to know if there were any bars around that show SKY, for example, but as far as I know you've been out there for a while, man.

I suppose now we're all a fiver down and have pockets stuffed with wads of bandwidth it's not a big deal. I hope you get to watch the match.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood?!

Thanks mate...I get it and your sentiment is appreciated.

Hi tim, I have been looking into this all week...

I just assumed it would be available, but have had no luck finding it on in the states at all. The problem is that it's on Sky Sports 2, and that no-one apart from us gives a stuff about the JPT final over here.

Fox soccer channel is not showing it.

Setanta appears to be no more and has been absorbed into Fox soccer premium, and they are not showing it.

Fox have just launched an online channel - foxsoccer.tv - that costs 15 bucks a month, but guess what.. they are not showing it either.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/ is usually an awesome resource for finding any game on tv, but I can't find our game on there anywhere.

http://www.livefootballstreams.co.uk is a 'one-time fee' site (45 bucks), that once you are a member gives you multiple links to most games that are playing that day. I paid the dosh and use it for England games normally. They have a feature where you can email them to request they carry links to a certain game, so i naturally requested the JPT, but who knows if it will be up there on the day..

I will post any links I do get from that site on the SWF, on the day (early morning for us..) If all else fails we have saints player and dear old dave.

Other options are http://www.justin.tv, http://www.iraqgoals.net, http://www.myp2p.eu, http://p2p4u.net - all depend on someone putting up a decent quality feed of sky sports 2, a lot are glitchy and bad... :(

Here's hoping......

Edited by Cascadia Saint
adding links..