Mystery Shopping.

Red Alert

Me and my Mrs go regulary, use about 3 companies.

Here's a tip: I work for a very large retailer that use Mystery Shopping. As I'm a Manager I get to see the reports, a lot of them are a load of pony and it's obvious that the person hasn't really done it properly, just gone through the motions to collect the money/free goods.We challange the ones that are inaccurate, if they are negative. If they are good, but poorly written or plain wrong, we just accept them. Go and enjoy your meal, don't get too hung up on the details, unless it's poor, then your report needs to be water tight.If you give them a good report, they'll turn a blind eye to any factual mistakes you make (the MS Company wont, but unless the place your visiting point mistakes out they wont know)

We used to do as many as we wanted, but the last couple of years visits have become harder and harder to get. You need to check availabilty daily.

I have seen one of those before, the other looked good. Dont worry though, I am not from round your area anyway ;)

We get Mystery Shoppers at LUL, but as I'm a good little boy and a suck up, the only time I got tested to memory, I got full marks. :-)

I wouldn't mind doing Mystery SHopping myself, but I tend to panic...

Where I used to work we had a really bad report from a mystery shopper, due to their own incompetence.

They tried to come in the exit despite it being half hidden from the car park, ignoring a giant red ENTRANCE sign above the front door. They then complained the doors wouldn't open until a member of staff let them in (as they are automatic one sided sensors) and that the first thing they were greeted with was the tills, rather than a welcome display, which they should have seen had they come in the entrance.

The rest of the report was good but try not to make such stupid mistakes.

Anybody living near Leatherhead (J9 M25) might like to know that the Leatherhead Food Research labs pay by the hour for people to go and test all sorts of food. My wife goes occassionally and she says they are often desperate for testers! This is an independent place and tests stuff for most of the major food manufacturers and a lot of the stuff is top end of the market (but a lot isn't).