Fred for those at the game

Huffton

On the bus on the way home. Nice ground, **** **** fans, crap first half but no real problem, second half speaks for itself. Chant of the day after MOTM announced, saints fans erupted into chorus of 'only one luke chadwick'. Battery dying and pub about to be stopped at. More to follow.

On the bus on the way home. Nice ground, **** **** fans, crap first half but no real problem, second half speaks for itself. Chant of the day after MOTM announced, saints fans erupted into chorus of 'only one luke chadwick'. Battery dying and pub about to be stopped at. More to follow.

Lol out loud

Just got in, very bizarre experience watching a game in a barely occupied ground. First half like a poor reserve game but second we picked up a bit. Good strikers goal for the first, soft penalty( good old Fonte) and a great goal from about 40 yards for the third. Really strange day though , was in the nearest pub to the ground 45 mins before KO, think it was the Beacon and there were only about 6 MK Dons "fans" and 25 Saints in there. Very surreal day but good result!

The ground looked better in the dark, today it did look souless and they said the attendance was 10k, looked like half that to me. Still no complaining after a 3-0 win, a great goal by Rickie and a penalty that I thought we were lucky to get but made up for the ones we should have had at Tranmere.

Now off to start a campaign for all officials to be female.

Agree, it's a souless place. Why they're building an upper tier I have no idea. 10k odd in their today, apparently, but it looked more like 6,000 and sounded like 15. Wotsit got a couple of chants. Didn't wave back though, ungreatful git. Liked the "only one Luke Chadwick" chant at the end. Got to feel for the poor fecker who had to pick a MOTM from their lot. They were dreadful for the forth time this season. "Let the woman referee" was good too. We were pretty quiet truth be told, considering we took 1500 up there. I was surrounded by old people who didn't seem remotely inclined to sing.

First half was dreadful. Second I thought we were just as bad, but got three goals. Biggest away win since that trip to Molyneux unless I'm much mistaken... weird.

Now off to start a campaign for all officials to be female.

Thought she did a good job, at least in the second hlaf, couldn't really see her in the first. Certainly did a better job than the prat in the middle, and she had a cute little bum as well;)

Agree, it's a souless place. Why they're building an upper tier I have no idea. 10k odd in their today, apparently, but it looked more like 6,000 and sounded like 15. Wotsit got a couple of chants. Didn't wave back though, ungreatful git. Liked the "only one Luke Chadwick" chant at the end. Got to feel for the poor fecker who had to pick a MOTM from their lot. They were dreadful for the forth time this season. "Let the woman referee" was good too. We were pretty quiet truth be told, considering we took 1500 up there. I was surrounded by old people who didn't seem remotely inclined to sing.

First half was dreadful. Second I thought we were just as bad, but got three goals. Biggest away win since that trip to Molyneux unless I'm much mistaken... weird.

apparently they've got an eye on the world cup re. the upper tier. I assume it was cheaper to get the whole lot done at once. Bloody weird atmosphere though - I thought they'd be better off putting black netting up to hide all the empty space.

For those who weren't there, imagine St Mary's last season with the corners closed but then add an entire tier of stands on three sides.

Agree, strange atmosphere and a strange game. We were pretty poor at times but we never looked in any danger of losing the game or even conceding a goal really.

Lamberts 3rd was wonderful, and Only one Luke Chadwick was very amusing.

Speaking to a Mkdonalds fan afterwards he said how he thought Saints canceled MK Dons out in the middle of the park, which is exactly what I think they did to us. So the majority of the game was just a stalemate.

Didn't feel like a 3-0 game at all, but bloody glad it was.

I enjoyed it. Things that struck me was the guy who took five minutes to find the ball after Mills had thumped it into an empty stand. MK Dons drum which was really crap. The awful pre-match music, I really don't think playing stuff by the cast of glee really helps to build atmosphere at a football match.

On the football front we struggled to get going in the first half but always looked comfortable and I never really felt like the Dons threatened us. Second half we looked much better and Lamberts third was brillant (I thought it was going over). Mills looked bright, Seabourne looked very solid and Connolly looked streaks a head of Barnard when he came on.

That was my nippers first away match and he loved it (winning helped) although being a ginger he was a bit upset by the wotsit chant;)

A rather damp but satisfying day out. I took the opportunity to visit Bletchley Park in the morning and joined the guided tour. I lived in Bletchley as a sprog and my old man was stationed there after the war so it was fascinating to see the place he worked - we were never allowed in at the time. I'd recommend this, it's £10 but that gives you free visits for the next 12 months and it needs more than one visit to do it justice. The site also contains the History of Computing Museum and the working replica of 'Colossus' is amazing.

So to the match with a glimpse of the sun as I toured the MK National Roundabouts Collection en route to the ground. Good, a warm, sunny afternoon in prospect. Wrong!! Being an outdoor type, I was one of the 'fans of steel' who did not rush timidly for the back rows but was pretty soggy by the end, and I show up pretty well behind the goal on TV for Sir Rickie's third. One of those scrappy games yet we always seemed to be in control and, I thought, relaxed and confident. I felt we could go up a gear if required and the win was never in doubt.

Dried out on the train to Euston, then got **** soaked again walking into the heavy drizzle along Marylebone Street to Paddington Station. Dried out for the second time with the aid of a monster pasty and coffee on Mr Brunel's concourse.

Whilst munching i encountered a Swindon fan who was very complimentary about Saints and was still wondering how they managed to beat us last Tuesday. They, he explained, are in year 2 of a '5 year plan' to reach the Championship and have massively overachieved on their expectations this season. He actually expressed some consternation to the possibility of Town going up this season as they are not flush and have a massive amount of loan players who will all disappear at the end of this season.

Fell asleep on the train and nearly ended up in Exeter. Got home, still no Wembley ticket yet!

Any road up,

Keep the Faith,

COYS

Enjoyed the day out yesterday. Second trip to Mk this season and must compliment the stewards who were really good both times. Great second half despite the terrible atmosphere on three sides of the ground!

Nice pub before the game, The Swan Hotel in Fenny Stratford, 5 mins from the ground. Very friendly in there and good food and real ale. Highly recommend it if we play them again next season.

Worth the admission money just for Rickies hat trick and especially the third! Loved the chants of 'we beat you four times' and 'you've only got one ball'.

Also the female assistant ref was cute!

Just watched then on Sky sports news worth the £22 just to see that last Goal... Oh well done TB you get good at this gambling lark.... Maybe try this link http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/

Thank for that dicky,went in Ladbrokes yesterday to pick my £240.00 up and wanted to play Drogba to score first so I cut the bet down to £20 at 5/2 (proof for VectisSaint)

11mdbgw.jpg