How important is the JPT for pardew?

Mr X

Just a general question on wether you think there is anything riding on this for pardews future? In my opinion we should be sticking with him win or lose, this season was all about building for the next..... also do you feel cortese feels the same or will there be pressure for a win?

THoughts?.......

Cortese doesn't really rate JPT highly so although I'm sure he's like to see us win, I don't see Pardew's future riding on THIS.

Cortese more concerned with League position, specifically that we are almost 30 points behind Norwich, a side he sees as less blessed materially than we are.

I'd stick with Pardew throughout next season for a start.

I think NC and more importantly ML will enjoy the day out, especially with our following, however, we are led to believe it has always been about promotion so therefore, if we are to believe what NC is pushing for then this 1 game is not about AP's future, a loss may be convenient if there is intent to get rid but I am sure a trophy for the first season as owner/in charge will supercede that.

The pressure is there to win and will be made clear by the near on 50k supporting !

It's a trophy, it will make our season look better than perhaps it has been, and if Cortese is to be believed when he says we have underachieved, perhaps it will buy Pardew time. But we have to win it. Lose, and Pardew won't be the most popular person around, even with all the injury worries.