Best airline to fly to NY

TopGun

Service-wise, Virgin is almost certainly the best. Unfortunately, you'll pay a premium for it.

I've never had a problem with BA, and they've got a sale on at the moment (finishes tonight, so you'll have to be quick!). I've just had a quick look and you can get a return from Heathrow to JFK for £298.60, which I'd say is pretty decent.

Looking like Virgin then. Last time I flew with them from Manchester though the plane was pretty ancient and didn't have very good inflight entertainment but I suppose that's fairly trivial.

BA have been revamping their Business Class cabins and at the same time upgrading their entertainment systems. i went to Miami with them in July, same old squished Jumbo, nothing I could eat as they forgot my special meal but there was plenty of music & movies to watch.

Virgin's entertainment is probably about 5% worse than the new BA stuff but BA don't have it on every plane.

If you want entertainment and edible food then take a no thrills to Hamburg and fly Emirates (they do Germany-JFK)

If you want entertainment and edible food then take a no thrills to Hamburg and fly Emirates (they do Germany-JFK)

I flew Emirates LHR-DXB-Bangalore and hated it. They advertise their new service but you have to be very lucky to actually be on a plane with it. Worst business class seat I have ever had to fly - and I fly a lot. Will probably use them again once they have the A380 but until then - no chance. Dubai lounges are shocking too.

Service-wise, Virgin is almost certainly the best. Unfortunately, you'll pay a premium for it.

I've never had a problem with BA, and they've got a sale on at the moment (finishes tonight, so you'll have to be quick!). I've just had a quick look and you can get a return from Heathrow to JFK for £298.60, which I'd say is pretty decent.

Virgin are quality, flew from Heathrow to JFK in summer 2005 and it was very comfortable and good entertainment system. Do not under any circumstances fly with US Airways though!