Lambert article on OS

jam

Which tends to confirm my belief that he'll be here next season at least He would have known promotion was a long shot but a trip to Wembley no matter what trophy it is still is a big occasion for players at this level.

Nice that he says :

"I can't praise my teammates anymore than I already have, because if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to get as many goals as I have."

Seems like a very realistic, well grounded player.

Seems like a very realistic, well grounded player.

Thats what years of sloggin it out in the lower leagues will do to you, Rickie has worked massively hard to achieve what he has in the game and has never had anything just handed to him like some of the embaressments occupying the premier league and the papers these days. A real footballer and a real gent hope to see him fullfill his ambitions to play at a higher level by firing us back up the leagues.

I'm chuffed to see him have the season he's had, from what I've seen and heard in interviews it couldn't of happened to a nicer bloke. Seems genuinely proud and grateful to be playing football for a living.

Over hyped ****s like Beckford could learn a lot from Rickie.

My only concern is if a Prem side offers us 5 mill in the summer - would Rickie want to go? Would we want to sell? More specifically, would Markus and Nicola want to sell? They need a return on their investment outlay, and a 4 million profit on Rickie would be tempting.

No EPL club is going to take a £5mill punt on a 27yo L1 player.

My only concern is if a Prem side offers us 5 mill in the summer - would Rickie want to go? Would we want to sell? More specifically, would Markus and Nicola want to sell? They need a return on their investment outlay, and a 4 million profit on Rickie would be tempting.

I hope to God he stays of course - but we're more likely to lose him (if atall) to a Championship side - such as West Ham - who will need a good stiker in that league next season. Can't see him going to Burnley or Hull if they go down...although he is from 'oop north' of course. As for Pompey; they couldn't afford his boot laces...

I hope to God he stays of course - but we're more likely to lose him (if atall) to a Championship side - such as West Ham - who will need a good stiker in that league next season. Can't see him going to Burnley or Hull if they go down...although he is from 'oop north' of course. As for Pompey; they couldn't afford his boot laces...

West Ham will have no money. They would be in dire financial straits, having already cashed in on their season ticket sales for the next two seasons.

West Ham will have no money. They would be in dire financial straits, having already cashed in on their season ticket sales for the next two seasons.

yes but wouldn't they get tv money from Sky

yes but wouldn't they get tv money from Sky

Yes, but given their overheads and lack of new money from season ticket sales they will be in real trouble.

Mark my words, if West Ham go down they are really going to suffer. Certainly won't pose a threat to pinching our players.