Premier League 'seeking clarification' over Portsmouth owner

Danny

David Conn wrote about this in the Guardian today. He's usually an excellent journalist, but I really couldn't see where the story was in his article.

He basically said the Premier League are investigating after Gaydamak Snr's listed assets in a newspaper included PFC, yet the only quote from him (or rather one of his advisors) said that "it's a family asset, but wholly owned by his son".

Of course, that's clearly bull****, but until someone provides clear evidence to the contrary, nothing will be done about it (and unfortunately, rightly so).

David Conn wrote about this in the Guardian today. He's usually an excellent journalist, but I really couldn't see where the story was in his article.

He basically said the Premier League are investigating after Gaydamak Snr's listed assets in a newspaper included PFC, yet the only quote from him (or rather one of his advisors) said that "it's a family asset, but wholly owned by his son".

Of course, that's clearly bull****, but until someone provides clear evidence to the contrary, nothing will be done about it (and unfortunately, rightly so).

I'm beginning to think you need a holiday Steve. I remember the old Steve who arbitrarily threw me off the main board yet only recently stated something like, I talked rubbish nearly all the time clearly implying that sometimes I don't talk rubbish. Now you are on here defending Pompey and demanding that the accusers come up with evidence. Look at your wrists Steve, do you see blue veins? Get some sunshine.

Now you are on here defending Pompey and demanding that the accusers come up with evidence.

Not really, everyone knows damn well that Gaydamak Snr is the real money man behind Pompey, it's ****ing obvious. Proving it, however, appears to be the tricky part.

Then there's also the small part as to whether

a) Pompey fans care that they're potentially/probably being funded by illegal arms sales to Angola when they're seeing the best and costliest Portsmouth team in living memory, or

b) the Premier League care, seeing as they managed to allow Thaksin to pass the "fit and proper persons test", which has been proven with that very decision to be a complete and utter joke.

The only person who has ever failed that test is the former chairman of Rotherham because he took over when the club was in administration a few years ago and then saw them go back in there last season, and one of the criteria is that the person must not have been on the board of a football club that has gone into administration twice during their time serving on the board.

Even Stevie Wonder and Blunkett could see that Gayameks father is behind it, proving an overseas person owns it is very difficult.The FA couldnt even get HR's wifes telephone records regarding some of his deals.

The Fa/PL will only go through the motions but dont really want to rock the boat.We dont know how far HR's tentacles have spread over the years and he probably has much to tell is he wants to.

Even Stevie Wonder and Blunkett could see that Gayameks father is behind it, proving an overseas person owns it is very difficult.The FA couldnt even get HR's wifes telephone records regarding some of his deals.

The Fa/PL will only go through the motions but dont really want to rock the boat.We dont know how far HR's tentacles have spread over the years and he probably has much to tell is he wants to.

Not only that it looks like Brookings mates in the FA could get shyt on them over the Wet sham deal:rolleyes:

If every time I bought a ticket it resulted in a baby being shot I would have to think twice about it.

Before you saddle up your high horse think of all the weapons of war the British have invented and sold to the rag heads and any other nation who had the wedge to pay for it:rolleyes: