The truth is...

Legod Third Coming

We miss Morgan Schneiderlin.

We need another CM in the close season with his passing capability and vision.

That's it. End of.

I agree but we needed one in January when most posters were pointing out the need for one and did not get one

We miss him so badly, we depend on him to get the ball down and get us passing, without him we are lost! Listened to Pardews interview on solent this morning, he said he believes Morgan will be back for monday so that's very good news.

he's hardly Beckenbauer, most teams in this league have a combination of useful midfield harriers who can pass. When you have PW as the anchorman you are going to struggle.

I like his heart but he is at the end of his career.

Gillette would be much better added to the midfield if MS is unfit.

True but assuming there was not un-limited amount of money avalible which of our january signings shouldn't we have got, in order to bring in another Morgan?

Seabourne?

Jaidi and Perry were playing quite well with Trottman being replaced with Fonte and Thomas in reserve

I do believe we did bid for someone else

Edited by John B

That's it. End of.

It is indeed an important factor, but there are others.

Playing defensively when you must win is ridiculous, as is being sensitive to the condition of the pitch.

Playing defensively when you must win is ridiculous, as is being sensitive to the condition of the pitch.

You cannot claim Lallana, Lambert and Antonio in a team is defensive. It is what you end up with when your best midfielder is injured. That's basic football knowledge, available any time. Lessons free to you as a fellow Saint. Some of the other feckers will have to pay.

Morgan is the most talented player in the squad for me.

Great vision and his first touch is superb - always turns out of trouble. He reads the games well too - doesnt make the big tackles but does a great job nipping in and taking the ball.

Any side at our level, and the next level up, would miss him.

well..at least morgan is finally getting wide spread recognition..not so ling ago many were not impressed with him

he is a fantastic player who I would be surprised if he was a saints player come start of next season

Once he's been in the side for a few games and we've won without him scoring, people will be saying he does nothing again. Don't worry.

Once he's been in the side for a few games and we've won without him scoring, people will be saying he does nothing again. Don't worry.

true...If he added goals to his game, there would be simply no chance that he would entertain league 1 football

he is what..? 20 years old..and already one of the best players at the club

he has always been class, just took time for him to impose himself on games.....he has a great future, im sure of it

We also need to sort out our defence as you cant go conceding the amount of goals that we do.

Bring in Danns or Stock and I believe our team will be very strong next season as I cant see any team coping with our strike force of Lallana, Puncheon, Lambert and Barnard.

We also need to sort out our defence as you cant go conceding the amount of goals that we do.

Bring in Danns or Stock and I believe our team will be very strong next season as I cant see any team coping with our strike force of Lallana, Puncheon, Lambert and Barnard.

Really? I'd be interested to see how many goals we've conceded since january, when we've had Fonte and Semi in the back line.

Really? I'd be interested to see how many goals we've conceded since january, when we've had Fonte and Semi in the back line.

You are not always going to have those two at the back due to injuries etc...

Also we are weak in the left/right back area if Harding gets injured because Murty is always injured, Mills is not a proper defender, Jaidi cant play twice a week, Thomas is getting on a bit and is mainly a CB and Perry is getting a little too old now.

Thats where Im coming from Saint Clark.

PS Ostober is only here till the end of the season.

11 in last 14 matches 8 away 6 home, against 17 in previous 14 matches (7 home 7 away)

Edited by positivepete

11 in last 14 matches 8 away 6 home, against 17 in previous 14 matches (7 home 7 away)

But you must remember that we could of conceded a few in the JPT final if Carlisle was slightly better up front, also whenever I see Saints play recently they are too shaky at the back.

The only solid performance was against Leeds, thats how strong we should be all the time.

Seabourne?

Jaidi and Perry were playing quite well with Trottman being replaced with Fonte and Thomas in reserve

I do believe we did bid for someone else

Fair point. To be honest we needed another striker becuase Conolloy is never fit, we needed a right back (becuase the saints RB postion is cursed this season), Puncheon gave us extra pace and skill (well so I'm told, haven't seen much evidence yet but I wasn't at the Huddersfield game). Seabourne was bought in I believe to give Jaidi something to think about, his game improved when he thought his postion was under threat. So if we didn't get Seabourne what quaility midfield players where avaliable for 200K instead?

Did we bid for Danns or Lines or was just rumoured interest?

Originally Posted by Legod Third Coming viewpost.gif

That's it. End of.

Nothing wrong with a defensive line up, even if a win is all that is acceptable. It's a combination of tactics and the players available to make those tactics work. As for the conditions of the pitch bollix, that is so embarrassing to hear, next it will be the crowd was too far from the pitch.

We have clearly demonstrated that the 442 we applied against Huddersfield and Leeds will beat any team in this league, possibly the league higher. That only works for a limited amount of time because of the stamina levels required to make it work with the attacking players we have. The rest of the time we are groping around in the dark on our hands and knees.

We either sign a massive squad so that 442 can be used all the time with various players, or go slightly more defensive so we can do the marathon rather than the sprint. It's ok going defensive as WSG did most of the time, the problem comes when he puts Fab Fernandes in as the defensive midfielder. It's not so bad when you play defensively and struggle to get into an attacking rythym. We have enough impact players to come off the bench in the second half to change things around, without a great deal of damage being done. What is really bad is when you set up defensively and fail to stop them attacking in addition to not be able to attack ourselves.

But you must remember that we could of conceded a few in the JPT final if Carlisle was slightly better up front, also whenever I see Saints play recently they are too shaky at the back.

The only solid performance was against Leeds, thats how strong we should be all the time.

Those goals conceded are league games only, last 14 since Millwall away

true...If he added goals to his game, there would be simply no chance that he would entertain league 1 football

he is what..? 20 years old..and already one of the best players at the club

he has always been class, just took time for him to impose himself on games.....he has a great future, im sure of it

I think it helps he has improved the physical side of his game last season he seemed to shy away from tackles this year he is not afraid to put himself about a bit. What ever else people feel about AP he does seem to get the best out of our younger players. Morgan and Lallanna both look much better this year and Antonio has improved a lot since he came here.

I think it helps he has improved the physical side of his game last season he seemed to shy away from tackles this year he is not afraid to put himself about a bit. What ever else people feel about AP he does seem to get the best out of our younger players. Morgan and Lallanna both look much better this year and Antonio has improved a lot since he came here.

agree with that...didnt pards have a few good young players at west hame that did well with him in the prem..?

Btw for a defensive manager we STILL are the:

second highest scorers in the league

And considering we concede too many goals :

We have the fourth best defence.

For me, our only issue is midfield. Morgan out, we simply cannot pass the ball to our forwards sufficiently well. Hammond is not that player. Wotton is not that player.