Saints Preserved

Jeff Le Taxi

Anyone else got this book? i recently bought a copy from ebay, only to find it has a lovely glossy cover but is filled with what looks like photocopied sheets! are they all like this? is it another of Illingsworths scams? surely the club wouldnt sell such a shoddy product? Im sure ive seen it for sale in the Megastore.

I thought this was going to be a thread about former Saints players who have taken up jam making and pickling for pleasure or profit. You can imagine how disappointed I feel now.

No no, you need 'Saint's Preserves', a cracking read.

Not having a pop at Illingsworth, but, to judge a book by its cover, I wouldn't be surprised if the content is badly laid out, since the cover looks like that.

Mmm I agree. The cover looks like someone has just discovered the text box function on Microsoft Word and they're not afraid to use it.

I've got one of the eBay sourced copies, there's a handful of pages that are printed much lighter than the rest, but still perfectly readable.

Perhaps there's a duff batch of copies hence the low price.

Overall it's a amusing enough "bathroom read" but the content is a bit amateurish and the layout is plain, just text and a few black and white archive pictures.