Merringtons viewpoint.

1965onwards

Wellllllll, those of you who are old enough to remember, you'll no doubt remember me, good old Dave Merryweather. All's I can say is that I'm suere you'll be pleased that you've got me back on here and I'm back to answer me critics. First of all, I'll tell you this Tristan. For all those who think I've got a chip on my shoulder about Rupert Lowe, you're spot on! And I'll tell you something else Tristan, it's not just a chip I've got on my shoulder, but a whole bag of fish and chips. And d'ya know something Tristan, d'ya know how much I payed for those fish and chips in town today? Well, I'll tell you what, Tristan, I'd 'ave had to work for six weeks to buy those fish and chips back in my day and I'll tell use something else, if that Michael Svennsonnon had anything about him he wouldn't be missing games like he is after only four knee operations. I can remember people, like myself, who didn't need knee operations 'cos they just cut off their knees, Tristan, and got on with the job.

But I'll tell ya what I do like, Tristan and that's this boy Lallana. Now, I really like the look of this boy, Tristan. I tell you what he reminds me of and that's a young LeTissier. As soon as I saw this boy I thought he reminds me of a young Letissier. And do you know why Tristan? Well, I'll tell you. Not because he's particularly like a young Letissier but because I like to constantly remind people of the young Letissier. But, I'm right behind Jan and think he's doing a great job under very difficult circumstances.

Got him to a T.

Excellent!

Wellllllll, those of you who are old enough to remember, you'll no doubt remember me, good old Dave Merryweather. All's I can say is that I'm suere you'll be pleased that you've got me back on here and I'm back to answer me critics. First of all, I'll tell you this Tristan. For all those who think I've got a chip on my shoulder about Rupert Lowe, you're spot on! And I'll tell you something else Tristan, it's not just a chip I've got on my shoulder, but a whole bag of fish and chips. And d'ya know something Tristan, d'ya know how much I payed for those fish and chips in town today? Well, I'll tell you what, Tristan, I'd 'ave had to work for six weeks to buy those fish and chips back in my day and I'll tell use something else, if that Michael Svennsonnon had anything about him he wouldn't be missing games like he is after only four knee operations. I can remember people, like myself, who didn't need knee operations 'cos they just cut off their knees, Tristan, and got on with the job.

But I'll tell ya what I do like, Tristan and that's this boy Lallana. Now, I really like the look of this boy, Tristan. I tell you what he reminds me of and that's a young LeTissier. As soon as I saw this boy I thought he reminds me of a young Letissier. And do you know why Tristan? Well, I'll tell you. Not because he's particularly like a young Letissier but because I like to constantly remind people of the young Letissier. But, I'm right behind Jan and think he's doing a great job under very difficult circumstances.

Very good - except it would have been "Lalalalalana"

Brilliant I can hear him saying that

Brilliant I can hear him saying that

Yes but look at what Dave contributed to SFC. Yes, he's a bit older than us and that comes across sadly but he's got more passion for this club than the last few boards have ever had. He also helped to bring through another generation at Leeds and was only made manager because Askham had buggered up and couldn't afford anyone else - I was told by a source close to Dave that he never wanted the job in the first place. LM ran the show anyway. He kept us in the PL on 15k gates for a season - no mean feat for someone not suited to the job.

Compare that to Wilde or Askham. I'll exclude Lowe as Lowe has done some good things for SFC although he's been past his sell-by-date since 2003/4.

Yes but look at what Dave contributed to SFC. Yes, he's a bit older than us and that comes across sadly but he's got more passion for this club than the last few boards have ever had. He also helped to bring through another generation at Leeds and was only made manager because Askham had buggered up and couldn't afford anyone else - I was told by a source close to Dave that he never wanted the job in the first place. LM ran the show anyway. He kept us in the PL on 15k gates for a season - no mean feat for someone not suited to the job.

Compare that to Wilde or Askham. I'll exclude Lowe as Lowe has done some good things for SFC although he's been past his sell-by-date since 2003/4.

I to an extent do agree, but it is a funny parody of his commentating.I do have issues how he sems to criticise but he is a lot better thna some and if he brings in investment he's done us proud

Would this be the same Merrington whose plan B at Blackburn was to take off 2 strikers and put Neil Maddison up front on his own when we were losing?

Or played for the most boring 0-0 draw imaginable at the Dell against West Ham (the only time I have ever left a game at half time)?

Still that won't stop you hysterical, pathetic T***s from your witch hunt behind your keyboards.

Perhaps some of you ought to get a REAL life....w*****s!

Would this be the same Merrington whose plan B at Blackburn was to take off 2 strikers and put Neil Maddison up front on his own when we were losing?

Or played for the most boring 0-0 draw imaginable at the Dell against West Ham (the only time I have ever left a game at half time)?

Still that won't stop you hysterical, pathetic T***s from your witch hunt behind your keyboards.

Perhaps some of you ought to get a REAL life....w*****s!

Why do you find it necessary to use "blind " expletives ?...does it make you feel like an Uber fan?

The second half was really good!