Baddiel and Skinner's world cup podcasts

doubleonothing

The first of the Absolute Radio Baddiel and Skinner World Cup podcasts was released yesterday. I'm just downloading it at the moment.

The 2006 ones were very good. Was just like the fold fantasy football shows. Hoping the 2010 ones are up to scratch!

I'll report back once I've listened to it.

Anyone else downloaded it already?

OOO

"Dave and Frank mull over the 30 man squad"

Right I've listened to it.

Opening one is only 25 mins long. Annoying presence of adverts on it.

It's not classic Fantasy Football levels but they are just discussing the squad in it so I expect it to improve over the next few (as the title of the podcast suggests). This is what happened with the 2006 ones. Having said that there are a couple of quite amusing moments in it.

Worth downloading and listening to if you have a spare 25 mins, but as I said above, I expect them to improve in the next few especially when they actually go out to South Africa.

Just downloading it now.

Can anyone reccomend any other football podcasts?

Currently i'm subscribed to BBC World football phone in, BBC World Football, TheGame, SaintsWeb (best of the bunch), Football Weekly (second best) and Chappers Premier League podcast.

Just downloading it now.

Can anyone reccomend any other football podcasts?

Currently i'm subscribed to BBC World football phone in, BBC World Football, TheGame, SaintsWeb (best of the bunch), Football Weekly (second best) and Chappers Premier League podcast.

The football ramble is one of the best. One of the presenters (Luke) is a skate but generally takes the **** out of Portsmouth. Decentknowledge on saints as well. I guess coming from the south he has a few mates who are saints fans.

Not strictly football related but Danny Baker's show on 5Live and Fighting Talk on the same channel (both of which may be about to have a summer break but hey-ho!) are both worth checking out if you haven't already.

The football ramble is one of the best. One of the presenters (Luke) is a skate but generally takes the **** out of Portsmouth. Decentknowledge on saints as well. I guess coming from the south he has a few mates who are saints fans.

His sources are very reliable, I've heard :D

Lukey's weekly rants against Jack Warner and Peter Storrie are always good value.

Nice one i'll subscribe to that as well, cheers.

The 2nd one is now available for download.

This week Frank and Dave look at Fabio's 23 man sqaud selection, how the lack of left footed players is down to automatic cars, Fabio's teeth and hair and why there is no offical song.

Another entertaining podcast but could do without the fan who won a competition, popping up halfway through on the phone with his thoughts - if he was being interviewed by Baddiel and Skinner it might be entertaining but it doesn't seem to fit. Could also do without the regular reminders that it is Absulute Radio's podcast.

For those you downloaded the Times sponsored ones from Germany 06 I think you will agree that these are not quite as good as the German ones (or as long), though I think (and hope) that they will improve when they get out to South Africa. Don't get me wrong this is still an amusing 25 mins but not quite as funny as their previous efforts.