Davenport

Cricketphilly

As I still blame him solely for our relegation from the premiership (due to all those inept performances) I would rather get Lancashire back. That's a bit harsh but he was useless and why do we need him ? I still have faith in NC and am sure we have already got the deals done and will announce them on block when he is ready.

Even disregarding his recent off-field problems it's going to be difficult for someone like Davenport to be successful now at any level. Having been such a bright young prospect and then failing to make the grade in the Prem, there is likely to be a gulf between the player's attitude and the reality of where he should be playing. This is then compounded by the other issues in his case. I think it would be a massive gamble for Saints to take on someone like that.

Even disregarding his recent off-field problems it's going to be difficult for someone like Davenport to be successful now at any level. Having been such a bright young prospect and then failing to make the grade in the Prem, there is likely to be a gulf between the player's attitude and the reality of where he should be playing. This is then compounded by the other issues in his case. I think it would be a massive gamble for Saints to take on someone like that.

The counter arguement is that he may well be motivated to get his career back on track and put his past behind him. In that case, I don't think his wages would be too high and has the potential to do a job up to the nPC (already proved the PL is beyond him). It would be a gamble, but not a massive one.

The counter arguement is that he may well be motivated to get his career back on track and put his past behind him. In that case, I don't think his wages would be too high and has the potential to do a job up to the nPC (already proved the PL is beyond him). It would be a gamble, but not a massive one.

It may be that he will take a big pay cut to bring his wages down from West Ham Prem to Saints League One levels but he would be in a very small minority amongst footballers if he chose to turn down higher offers to do so. My guess is that he will get a contract somewhere in between, at a smaller Prem or larger Champ club but may continue to struggle to fulfil his early potential. From what I saw of him at Saints (admittedly a few years ago now) he doesn't really have the dominance required to make a high level CB.

Found innocent I believe

No. Found "not guilty", i.e. the jury could not be sure that he was guilty. That is rather different to them believing him to be innocent.

On subject, he was shocking for us so no thanks.