Team of the Tournament

Arizona

Go on then. I'd go with...

Casillas (Spain)

Lahm (Germany) - Puyol (Spain) - Freidrich (Germany) - Capdevila (Spain)

Sneijder (Holland) - Schweinsteiger (Germany) - Muller (Germany) - Honda (Japan)

Villa (Spain) - Forlan (Uruguay)

Enyema

Maicon - Pique - Lugano - Lahm

Van Bommell - Schweinsteiger - Muller

Iniesta - Forlan - Villa

Bit of a cope out with the full backs, was thinking about Pereira but he hasn't been that great.

Couldn't find space for Uzil, Xavi or Khedira who have been brilliant.

Sneijder has been very over-rated IMO, Robben probably more important to Holland.

Edited by Andy_Porter

Enyeama (Nigeria)

Maicon (Brazil) - Puyol (Spain) - Nakazawa (Japan) - Coentrao (Portugal)

Schweinsteiger (Germany) - Xavi (Spain) - Iniesta (Spain) - Messi (Argentina)

Honda (Japan) - Muller (Germany)

Edited by JackFrost

Akinfeev

Iniesta - Forlan - Villa

Bit of a cope out with the full backs, was thinking about Pereira but he hasn't been that great.

Sneijder has been very over-rated IMO, Robben probably more important to Holland.

Russia didn't qualify

GK - Enyeama (Nigeria)

RB - Lahm (Germany)

LB - Coentrao (Portugal)

CB - Puyol (Spain)

CB - Mertesacker (Germany)

RM - Robben (Holland)

LM - Muller (Germany)

CM - Sneijder (Holland)

CM - Schweinsteiger (Germany)

ST - Robinho (Brazil)

ST - Villa (Spain)

Enyema

Iniesta - Forlan - Villa

Blimey, I put Van Bommel in my worst XI - nothing but an overrated thug - but then footballs a game of opinions!!

Blimey, I put Van Bommel in my worst XI - nothing but an overrated thug - but then footballs a game of opinions!!

I did notice that... I think you need to have a thug like that in midfield to get the best out of the players like Schweinsteiger, Muller, Iniesta - gives them a bit of freedom.

Horrible little player though, no idea how he didn't get sent off several times. De Jong was almost as bad, his karate kick on Alonso especially!

I did notice that... I think you need to have a thug like that in midfield to get the best out of the players like Schweinsteiger, Muller, Iniesta - gives them a bit of freedom.

Horrible little player though, no idea how he didn't get sent off several times. De Jong was almost as bad, his karate kick on Alonso especially!

Yeah guess he is one of those players you love to have on your team but hate if he's on anyone else's!

Enyeama (Nigeria)

Maicon (Brazil) - Puyol (Spain) - Nakazawa (Japan) - Coentrao (Portugal)

Schweinsteiger (Germany) - Xavi (Spain) - Iniesta (Spain) - Messi (Argentina)

Honda (Japan) - Muller (Germany)

why do people try and be clever with these sorts of posts...

honda, better than villa or forlan..? not a chance in hell

how on earth was that nigerian keeper better than casillas...or the guy from slovenia...?

why do people try and be clever with these sorts of posts...

honda, better than villa or forlan..? not a chance in hell

how on earth was that nigerian keeper better than casillas...or the guy from slovenia...?

You obviously didn't see the Argentina-Nigeria game for a start.

Besides I'm adding a little variation, I'd personally get a bit bored of the thread if everyone's strikeforce was Forlan and Villa. That's the 'debate' element

Think Javi might be a little biassed? ;-)

Would have to make room for Schweinsteiger and possibly Lahm in there too. Having Busquets, xavi and Iniesta in there is why although very pretty passsing, they tend to go sideways alot ...and not score many goals IMHO, a bit crowded with skillful players ! ;-)

Think Javi might be a little biassed? ;-)

Would have to make room for Schweinsteiger and possibly Lahm in there too. Having Busquets, xavi and Iniesta in there is why although very pretty passsing, they tend to go sideways alot ...and not score many goals IMHO, a bit crowded with skillful players ! ;-)

Yeah.. Barcelona is crowded with skillfull players, ummm

They have played very poor last two seasons you think? Come on we are talking about SKILLS! excess of skills and pretty passing cannot be bad imo.

Schweinsteiger good player. I liked him too. It's difficult to get 11 when you liked 6 or 7 more...everyone gets different opinions in the game all the time. Very difficult to agree.

Yeah.. Barcelona is crowded with skillfull players, ummm

They have played very poor last two seasons you think? Come on we are talking about SKILLS! excess of skills and pretty passing cannot be bad imo.

Schweinsteiger good player. I liked him too. It's difficult to get 11 when you liked 6 or 7 more...everyone gets different opinions in the game all the time. Very difficult to agree.

Hi javi

I was joking a bit :-) about the crowed with skillful players comment - although I do think that they should be scoring far more goals...

:rolleyes:

The thing is that because of their attacking style and ball posession the teams start now playing thinking 0-0 is a win and I mean playing defensively which is stopping Spain play their football and attacking chances so at the end if a team can beat Spain is by using this tactics. You can see Spain hardly can score a goal when the rivals use that system. That's why they were not scoring the bunch of goals they normally score. After 3 or 4 years playing the top of that style, the rivals are not silly.

Look at Inter or Chelsea how they played against Barcelona, the same way. It's how they can have a chance to beat them too. Same styles so now the teams know how they can have a chance against Spain/Barcelona.

That's good to win a tittle or a final, it's tactics and still valid. But for the spectators, it gets boring. If Real Madrid had played that way against Barcelona, or Poland against Spain, it would not have been 2-6 to Barça or 6-0 to Spain. You know what I mean. Teams in the world cup especulated too much against Spain. But all of them had a chance. Look at Switzerland what they did! I am happy for Markus. :D

Missed this,

My team would be

Nueur (germany)

Ramos(spain) Mertesacker (Germany) Pique (Spain) Salcido (Mexico)

Mueller (Germany) Oezil (Germany) Schweinstieger (Germany) Sniejder (Holland)

Villa (Spain) Forlan (Uraguay)

Subs - (Casillas (Spain) I Honestly cant think of another goalkeeper ??) Lugano (Uraguay) Iniesta (spain) Xabi Alonso (Spain) Kuyt (Holland) Klose (Germany)