Dineage on the dole??

equalizer

Laura Davison, assistant broadcasting officer of the National Union of Journalists, said she could not rule out industrial action.

"We do not accept the level of cuts ITV News wants to make and it is difficult to see how we can avoid a fight over this. But it is a bit rainy at the moment so we will wait until Christmas or next summer before we take some holi... I mean ..take strike action"

I always find this shedding jobs sort of thing rather amazing. I don't think I've heard of more than one or two managements in companies who have ever considered going to the workforce and asking them to take a pay cut, including the management. That way they all stay and all tighten their belts, financially.

But no. Mostly, it's a case of people ducking their heads and hoping the axe doesn't fall on them. Then they wave goodbye to their so-called friends from work, and heave a sigh of relief, while the new unemployed face very unsteady futures.

Sorry for being pedantic but the correct spelling is Dinenage.

I know this as when i worked for his bank, I mis-spelt his name on a form & he loudly informed me ( & the rest of the branch !) of the fact.

Comes across on TV as a bit a cheeky chappy, but everytime I met him, he was nothing more than a miserable git.

Sorry for being pedantic but the correct spelling is Dinenage.

I know this as when i worked for his bank, I mis-spelt his name on a form & he loudly informed me ( & the rest of the branch !) of the fact.

Comes across on TV as a bit a cheeky chappy, but everytime I met him, he was nothing more than a miserable git.

Didn't he threaten someone (it might have been Darren Wheeler) with legal action because he didn't like what they had written about him in the ugly inside fanzine?? Someone told me that he made some comments like that in his column for the Echo.

if any of you yougsters like to look back at Dineages early tv shows and then you will see how riproaring funny my post was

Oh yeah I remember that but never watched it. Never watched, Why don't you?..., either because on the opening titles where it said, "Switch off the TV and go out and do something else less boring instead." That's exactly what I did! :D

Your commenting on How the show where dinlo dineage used to explain 'how' things were done. Im 25, I remember it.

You're probably thinking of How2, and not the original with, Bunty James, Fred Dinenage, Jon Miller and Jack Hargreaves. I reckon you'd have to be over 40 to have seen that. It was actually a very good kids programme considering it was regional [originally Southern] TV. Here's from a slightly later era [though not How2] with another female presenter. Check the spelling of Fred's name:

You're probably thinking of How2, and not the original with, Bunty James, Fred Dinenage, Jon Miller and Jack Hargreaves. I reckon you'd have to be over 40 to have seen that. It was actually a very good kids programme considering it was regional [originally Southern] TV. Here's from a slightly later era [though not How2] with another female presenter. Check the spelling of Fred's name:

Ah, Jack Hargreaves, that takes me back. Bit of a daft old git but a very good story teller when talking about fishing and shooting etc. Picked up a lot of his knowledge from other people but had a talent for re-telling it.

The real expert on these matters was Major Ollie Kite who had a programme on Southern ITV called "Kite's Country" in the 60's. Expert fly fisherman who wrote many books on the subject which are still on sale now. Sadly died from a heart attack in his mid 50's. I believe he was sat on a river bank fishing at the time so it was probably how he would have like to have gone.