Another Big TV Defeat = Lower Home Gate

Guest Hacienda

Guest Hacienda

Why is it we always follow up good performances with a c r a p live one which deters the floating fan from returning?

It's so bloody annoying.

I don't even want to imagine the gate for the home game. God knows how many fans will attend. will get worse. If we manage to get near 15,000 again then I will be impressed. but it would shock me if it was even lower.

I will be attending the Saints vs Watford game of course, despite the stupid ticket pricing.

Looking at the next 6 league games:

Watford (h), Sheff U (a), Swansea (a), Cov (h), Preston (a), Bristol C (h)

I'll be surprised if we get more than 3 points out of that lot so you might need to brace yourself for crowds of 10k (or even lower).

I'll be surprised if we get more than 3 points out of that lot so you might need to brace yourself for crowds of 10k (or even lower).

both Brizzle and Watford will bring a few thousand

If you want to see Saints win on telly I'm sure the club shop will flog you the 1976 Cup final or one of our other rare wins over Man Utd. - They seem to repackage those every couple of years.

I dig out the 4-0 win over Spurs occasionally, but that is starting to wear very thin as it reminds me of the hill we've tumbled down. Only Micheal Svensson survives those heights. Dare I show the line-up..? Yep.. now get the tissues out and wipe your eyes:

------------------Niemi--------------------

Telfer-----Lundekvam---Svensson----Bridge

Fernandes-----Delap-----Oakley----Marsden

----------Beattie----------Tessum---------

Used Subs: A.Svensson, K.Davies, Ormerod

BTW, the gate was just over 25,000, as it was LIVE on the BBC. And everyone was up-in-arms about it too.

Why is it we always follow up good performances with a c r a p live one which deters the floating fan from returning?

It's so bloody annoying.

No answers but I agree it is bloody annoying. A half decent performance and even a point would have brought back several thousands for the next game at SMS IMO.

As for the skate, how he can laugh when they can't even fill their shed in the Premiership is beyond me.

To many , like myself, it merely serves to reinforce the thought that there is no value in going back yet........I'm sure thousands of others are saying the same thing......not only that but several of those playing yesterday seemed to not give a stuff whether they were playing for Saints as long as they pick up their wages........... well , at least it won't be my money paying them .

Probably keep losing comprehensively on TV this year because we've played 3 half-decent sides who can easily take apart our dreadful tactics and the innate deficiencies in our side.

Rather different to Derby (as they were when we played them), Donny and Norwich.

I don't think it works like that, judging by your 'logic' a bad run of results could see us in minus attendance figures by the end of the season.

As we always do on tv. Maybe we'd have been crap anyway, but I certainly thought the Blackpool game for instance, had it been a standard 3pm saturday game with little attention, we'd have won. It has become an issue, and maybe having a younger team the spotlight does get to them more, because they have been awful on tv compared to off it.

Still coventry aren't bad at home. we just defended terribly, letting them get crosses in and having the central defence marking woefully.

Perhaps our lads are overly impressed by being on TV and try to dazzle

rather than graft. Grafting is the key to success in the CCC, it is strange that we tend to extemporise every time we're on TV, shooting from everywhere whether it's the right option or not, tricky dicky play everywhere.Full backs far too far forward etc. I hope Sky leave us well alone from now on.

So ???

How long before Wilde panics ?

How low will the attendances drop to ?

How long before we go into Admin ?

( It can't be long now ............. )

All good points, especially the Wilde panicking one. MW will want to change tack sooner or later, if SFC continues to falter. Lowe will see Saints through, either to the sweet or bitter end. In some ways they are a relative dream ticket [but one without any money, so no change there], and in other ways they are the nightmare scenario.

The ones unfairly caught in the middle of all this, are the squad and JP.

All good points, especially the Wilde panicking one. MW will want to change tack sooner or later, if SFC continues to falter. Lowe will see Saints through, either to the sweet or bitter end. In some ways they are a relative dream ticket [but one without any money, so no change there], and in other ways they are the nightmare scenario.

The ones unfairly caught in the middle of all this, are the squad and JP.

I don't really see what good "panicking" would bring to Wilde.

Sigh....this will help ticket sales ahead of our next home game...not.......why on earth isn't this sort of thing planned for the summer break?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10713

"From Wednesday 8th October, Southampton Football Club will be implementing an upgrade to its Ticketing/Database system. This upgrade will provide major enhancements to the business and will take some time to complete. During the upgrade process, the ticket office will be unable to sell "live". This means that both the online and telephone sales functions will not be available. This also applies to the ticket desk within West Quay.

The Box Office at St. Mary's will be available. They will be able to sell away games and travel tickets as live, but tickets for home fixtures (and parking) will not be able to be completed at the point of sale. Each customer will be given a receipt for their transaction, and each receipt will be processed in turn when the system is fully available.

The upgrade process will be complete on Tuesday 14th October.

We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this causes"

I don't think it works like that, judging by your 'logic' a bad run of results could see us in minus attendance figures by the end of the season.

:D How would that work then - what would be the manifestation?

Players sitting in the stands? Influx of shoppers in West Quay? A vacuum causing SMS to implode?