The Far Post

eelpie

I noticed during this weeks Euro matches how many times teams had men defending the posts when threatened. This evening three of Coventry's goals were stabbed in by the far post. I have often thought that Saints so frequently leave themselves vulnerable there, especially during set play situations. Is it just me that thinks Saints are tactically naiive defending the goals around the posts? Certainly Chris Coleman and his Coventry team had done their homework.

I cant remember the last time we scored from a corner,or defended well from a corner.

I dont know what the players do in training,but it isnt working on set pieces.

What good can they do in training? They can train to defend corners against our forwards. Our forwards don't know how to attack a corner, and so our defence probably look good on the training ground against our forwards :rolleyes:

What good can they do in training? They can train to defend corners against our forwards. Our forwards don't know how to attack a corner, and so our defence probably look good on the training ground against our forwards :rolleyes:

LOL!

I didnt think that our strikers would be the ones attacking during training.

No wonder we cant defend.