Chamberlain vs Walcott

Dazza82

Does anyone have any views on how they compare, Theo(16) when he was playing for us and Chamberlain (17).

Unfortunately i havent had chance to see saints this season. They seem to be similar types of players. Does Chamberlain look more of a prospect than Walcott did when playing for us?

They were talking about this on the solent commentary in the 1st half and Merrington thought that he was more like Rodney Wallace when he came through.

In my opinion, Chamberlain seems to be less of a headless chicken that Walcott was with better control. Still a long way to go though.

Think Theo is faster. Chamberlain seems more intelligent though and possibly has a better delivery.

I agree with this almost 100%, you can see Chambo has a football brain. All i will say is i think Walcott is a natural striker and Chambo a winger.

Theo is no better now than he was when he played his first game for us IMO. Will be interesting to see how Chamberlain develops.

I just don't agree with this sorry Benjii

Edited by Smirking_Saint

I don't think so.

Anyway, Chamberlain is bloody good.

tell me walcotts games to goals this season...in the premier league..?

if you think his movement has not improved from a raw 16 year old playing up front with no instructions to playing and scoring in the top end of the prem...cup finals, england internationals....

then dear god

In my opinion, Chamberlain seems to be less of a headless chicken that Walcott was with better control. Still a long way to go though.

Walcott is and will always be a sprinter now. He's still effective whatever level, but is not a natural footballer, a la Bale etc... but to Theo's credit, he's getting better slowly ...

Chambo has a much better touch and overall control than Walcott did at his age. He also has so much pace. He has a decent cross on him already, added to a good finish, as well as a footballing brain. All we need now is to develop him further and he'll be delightfully good. PL quality in the future.

Walcott is and will always be a sprinter now. He's still effective whatever level, but is not a natural footballer, a la Bale etc... but to Theo's credit, he's getting better slowly ...

I think you agree with me a bit!

I would say very slowly.

Sorry Benji, you must be on a wind up. Theo is better now than he was when playing for us in the Championship.

I'm genuinely not convinced.

I see exactly the same performances from him which basically involve moments of explosive brilliance combined with numerous ponderous forays down blind alleys, poor passes and little positional sense.

I am going to take it a step further and say he is actually worse now.

No question Walcott has improved but he is still massively reliant on that blistering pace. In my opinion once he starts picking up the muscle strains that inevitably come with players and his quickness decreases I think he will be finished. Not seen enough of ox-Cham but for god sake get him on as long term a contract as possible.