Ouija Board fact or fiction?

Master Bates

The Ouija Board has been considered a tool for contacting the spiritual world for decades. People always wonder whether it is real. Some people do not believe in the spiritual world whatsoever.

Writers of occult literature love to talk about the Ouija board's ancient roots.

Ouija boards, they tell us, were in use in ancient Greece, Rome, China, or whatever other cultures the authors deem important. They steadfastly maintain that modern Ouija boards are the direct descendants of its more primitive ancestors. If the ancestor wasn't a Ouija board exactly, it was "Ouija-like." This can mean that almost any early divination device qualifies. Few question this and new writers repeat the words of the old without thinking very critically about it.

As an invention it is very old. It was in use in the days of Pythagoras, about 540 B.C. According to a French historical account of the philosopher's life, his sect held frequent séances or circles at which 'a mystic table, moving on wheels, moved towards signs, which the philosopher and his pupil, Philolaus, interpreted to the audience as being revelations supposedly from the unseen world.'

Do you believe and has anyone experienced it?

An extract from the Thread 'Ouija Boards' found in TMS...

My missus and her family are all into the heebie jeebie things and do them on a regular basis. They normally use either cut up letters or scrabble letters!

I have done only one before and it was surreal. I have always thought there would be someone pushing the glass, but knowing her family I knew the glass was moving on its own. It was spinning around and around in a circle motion. Lasted about 30 mins.

It was my missus's Grandad who we were talking to, however they asked if any of my relatives where there and my Nan came through. Some questions were asked which I would only know the asnwer too and they were answered correctly which led me to be more of a believer.

I have heard a lot of stories about them though which were not as good experiences.

An extract from the Thread 'Ouija Boards' found in TMS...

You can also achieve the same results by using your own excrement to daub the names of those you wish to contact on the walls. My missus looked like she'd seen a ghost when she came home anyway.

A long time back, I remember family and friends gathering round the table for a Ouija board evening. We used to do it quite often, and the fad lasted for several weeks. They were a gullible lot back then, and when nothing particular was happening, I thought I'd spice up the proceedings.

What always made me chuckle, was that Parker Bros, in the States, brought out their own Ouija Board, as if it was a board game like Monopoly. Just shows the level of seriousness some people attributed to it.

ouija-board-glow.jpg

Loada b0ll0x!!

Something that amazes me about some of my fellow human beings is how they try to scientifically prove almost everything.....and then randomly decide that there's a fat bloke in the sky looking down on us, and that dead people speak to us using a glass and a little games board. What the f00k is rational about dead people contacting us through a board game?!!!

With ouija boards..... all wear blindfolds and get someone (an onlooker) to read out what is being spealt. I guarantee it will be a load of s**t because you can't choose where you want it to go!

(Rant over- I may add I've never actually done the ouija thing but my opinions are based on rational/basic thoughts and I'd love to be proved wrong if I tried it!)

The thing about ouija boards is that they imply that spirits of dead people are able to physically affect glasses or other such things that can be pushed around the board.

If this is the case, surely they would then be able to move other physical objects as well? And if so, why doesn't the spirit of Ted Bates use this power to re-direct all of Saints' off-target shots so they go in?

Loada b0ll0x!!

Something that amazes me about some of my fellow human beings is how they try to scientifically prove almost everything.....and then randomly decide that there's a fat bloke in the sky looking down on us, and that dead people speak to us using a glass and a little games board. What the f00k is rational about dead people contacting us through a board game?!!!

With ouija boards..... all wear blindfolds and get someone (an onlooker) to read out what is being spealt. I guarantee it will be a load of s**t because you can't choose where you want it to go!

(Rant over- I may add I've never actually done the ouija thing but my opinions are based on rational/basic thoughts and I'd love to be proved wrong if I tried it!)

Try it then, but with people serious about doing it rather than mates just up for a laugh?

The thing about ouija boards is that they imply that spirits of dead people are able to physically affect glasses or other such things that can be pushed around the board.

If this is the case, surely they would then be able to move other physical objects as well? And if so, why doesn't the spirit of Ted Bates use this power to re-direct all of Saints' off-target shots so they go in?

Have you not seen Poltergeist?

On a serious note though, its not happened to me, but you hear all the time about doors being slammed and objects moving so its not just the glass on the ouija board.

I bet you`re a great source of comfort at a funeral!:):(

I see no point in offering false hope/lies that someones loved one is there potentially able to communicate with them from beyond the grave.

Loosing a close family member/friend is never going to be easy but the best thing to do is try and move on as best you can.

Deluding yourself into believing dead people can talk you is not going to help the situation