Team for Saturday?

Teddy Nutkins

Southampton v Watford

CHAMPIONSHIP

Venue: St Mary's Stadium Date: Saturday, 18 October Kick-off: 1500 BST

Coverage: Full commentary on BBC Radio Solent on 96.1 FM

Southampton report no new injury concerns, with captain Michael Svensson still missing with a knee problem.

Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin also remains on the sidelines, along with long-term absentee Jason Euell.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7665089.stm

p.s. ever so slightly dull observation of the day....anyone else noticed that the BBC web page name for the CCC is 'eng_div_1'; League one is 'eng_div_2' and League Two is 'eng_div_3' ? Good to see the good old Beeb is keeping a-pace with the modern world.

Teddy, Are you gonna write some more about your time at SFC?

Not sure, i have a couple written in draft form back before S4E went tits up, Saint Lee spoke to me about continuing on thesaintsforum, but nothing happened, guess i could send one in to the new Saints Web and see if they want to use it.

Not sure, i have a couple written in draft form back before S4E went tits up, Saint Lee spoke to me about continuing on thesaintsforum, but nothing happened, guess i could send one in to the new Saints Web and see if they want to use it.

If it's anything like the ones you did for S4E back in the day, then they bloody well should want to use it.

Skacel must be fit again so must be worth a shout. although the excuse will probably not match fit.

Will be gutted if Morgan is not available and IMO the result will depend on him being in the team or not.

Anyone got any idea on what the team have been woprking on during the break? (please someone tell me its been defending)

Davis

Cork Perry Lancashire Mills

Thompson Wotton ? Surman

Lallana John/Roberson

If Morgan is not available, dont know who I'd choose.

Unlikely I would have thought given that we play 4-2-3-1

FWIW here's my selection.

Davis

Cork - Lancashire - Perry - Mills

Cork - Wotton

McG - Lallana - Surman

Robertson

Bench: Bart, James, BWP, Stern, Thompson

Davis

Cork - Wotton

McG - Lallana - Surman

Robertson

Cloning Cork...thats pretty extreme? Dollly the sheep to play a roving role in the centre of the park chewing up the turf.

There was a blatant opportunity to play him in the reserves on Tuesday to get him match fit, but it didn't happen.

Not sure what the excuse was then but we could take our pick from

Still not fit

forgotten we still pay him

needed for saturday (hahahahahahahahahaha)

too old

not needed at all

and probably plenty more excuses ;)

There was a blatant opportunity to play him in the reserves on Tuesday to get him match fit, but it didn't happen.

Looks like there's a stalemate situation going on. If as rumoured, its to do with appearance fees, then I don't see the point in playing him in the reserves either. We need to build an up and coming replacement.

Either Saints stomp up the cash to play him, which seems unlikely as we are trying to cut costs, or he accepts a new offer, which he's not obliged to do, but it would be better to put yourself in the shop window by playing.

At the present all parties are suffering. Will many clubs really want to take Rudi on once his contract has expired ? Even if they do, will they pay him what he commands, after a long spell without playing ?

With Mills growing in confidence and experience, the time will come when we will be saying Rudi who ? has he left yet ?

Davis

Cork - Wotton

McG - Lallana - Surman

Robertson

Even more unlikely, unless we have two Corks.

Please not McG [-o

Looks like there's a stalemate situation going on. If as rumoured, its to do with appearance fees, then I don't see the point in playing him in the reserves either. We need to build an up and coming replacement.

On the assumption that there are no appearance fee 'worries' if he plays for the reserves then I'd play there on a 'just in case' basis.....

Davis

Wotton Surman

McGoldrick Lallana Skacel/White/Smith/Gasmi?!?!?!?!

Robertson

I'd mush prefer Schneiderlin to be fit and playing over Wotton. The option to my team above is push Surman forward to left wing and play Gillet CM. This would give a bit more guile but we would lack passing ability in the middle. I like Cork in midfiled but I just think he's a much better right back than James is at the moment.

Davis

Wotton Surman

McGoldrick Lallana Skacel/White/Smith/Gasmi?!?!?!?!

Robertson

I'd much prefer Schneiderlin to be fit and playing over Wotton. The other option, as I see it, to my team above is push Surman forward to left wing and play Gillet CM. This would give a bit more guile but we would lack passing ability in the middle. I like Cork in midfiled but I just think he's a much better right back than James is at the moment.

can't type or edit :(

Is Gillett still injured then?

If he and Morgan are fit i'd go with

Davis

Cork, Perry, Lancashire, Skacel

Lallana, Morgan, Gillett, Surman

John, Pekhart

Subs

Forcast

McGoldrick

BWP

Robertson

Wotton

3 strikers on the bench plus one ageing utility player.

Morgan is out,give over with Skacel-you know it ain't gone to happen-Gillett is fit and raring to go. It's all on the OS.

James will play right back, Mills on the left.Perry+Lancashire

Cork Wotton Surman Smith in midfield

with Cork protecting James and Smith protecting Mills

Lallana hanging off the front

Robertson lone striker

Morgan is out,give over with Skacel-you know it ain't gone to happen-Gillett is fit and raring to go. It's all on the OS.

James will play right back, Mills on the left.Perry+Lancashire

Cork Wotton Surman Smith in midfield

with Cork protecting James and Smith protecting Mills

Lallana hanging off the front

Robertson lone striker

I know Rudi is not likely to play. I was saying what i'd pick. Maybe i should have put Thomas in as well but i suppose he's too big and experienced to play in this division?

So it's likely to be the same defence as Coventry game then? lets hope Jan has been working with the defence on the offside trap, man marking, positioning and preventing crosses into the box?

Playing one up front does not seem to work as far i can see.

I wouldn't have Wotton in the starting line up as he is slow and can't pass.

I know Rudi is not likely to play. I was saying what i'd pick. Maybe i should have put Thomas in as well but i suppose he's too big and experienced to play in this division?

So it's likely to be the same defence as Coventry game then? lets hope Jan has been working with the defence on the offside trap, man marking, positioning and preventing crosses into the box?

Playing one up front does not seem to work as far i can see.

I wouldn't have Wotton in the starting line up as he is slow and can't pass.

Wotton doesn't need to pass very far,he needs to be there in front of the back 4 winning the ball, dinks and dunks to Surman and Smith, they'll know what to do with it.From reports that I've had of reserve games Ryan Smith looks a bit handy, still I got that from my niece and she goes on looks rather than ability.

Wotton doesn't need to pass very far,he needs to be there in front of the back 4 winning the ball, dinks and dunks to Surman and Smith, they'll know what to do with it.From reports that I've had of reserve games Ryan Smith looks a bit handy, still I got that from my niece and she goes on looks rather than ability.

Dinks and dunks? is he playing basketball then?

Wotton needs to be able to move to tackle and win the ball in midfield.

If Ryan Smith has some pace and skill i'd give him a chance out wide no matter how ugly he was.

Dinks and dunks? is he playing basketball then?

Wotton needs to be able to move to tackle and win the ball in midfield.

If Ryan Smith has some pace and skill i'd give him a chance out wide no matter how ugly he was.

Dinking and Dunking is grid-iron speak. Means progressing by way of short passes.

-------------Davis

Gillett----Perry----Lancs----Mills

---------Cork-----Surman

Robertson---Lallana-------Smith

------------Pekhart

Subs: Forecast, Wotton, James, White, McG

Or 4-4-2 with Robertson up front and Lallana on the right.