Top Gear to be sued.

Hatch

Don't think it'll ever die...the world love it and pay good money for it! Agree though that it's become a bit lame now...and the studio audience....:poundit:

EDIT - that doesn't mean I knock one out over the studio audience, it means they're ******s and that was the closest emoticon I could find.

Edited by LVSaint

So even Tesla themselves say that the car was driven aggresively which caused the battery to only last 55 miles. Not that the test was wrong, just that it's skewed.

.....No case to argue then, what did they think that Clarkson and co were going to do with the thing..... cruise at a leisurely 45? It's designed as a Sports car for heaven's sake!

Would Mitsubishi sue them with the revelation that the Lancer only gave 3mpg when driven hard on their test track? Top Gear showed that despite their best efforts the Tesla wouldn't be a practical car for day to day use..... indeed, they were actually quite complimentary of the car's raw performance! It was hardly an 'electric car, PAH, must be sh*t then...' type of piece.

I thought the Tesla tests were some of the more interesting articles on the show. One of the few things they've done recently which was genuinely interesting and informative. Even when they're onto a good idea, like in the last series when they tried using farm vehicles for snow clearance, they ruin it with slapstick idiocy.

I thought the Tesla tests were some of the more interesting articles on the show. One of the few things they've done recently which was genuinely interesting and informative. Even when they're onto a good idea, like in the last series when they tried using farm vehicles for snow clearance, they ruin it with slapstick idiocy.

It's been more pantomime than documentary for several years...it just needs to be viewed as entertainment - not as an oracle. Who had heard of Tesla pre this programme? Perhaps 10% of those who know it's an electric car now

It's been more pantomime than documentary for several years...it just needs to be viewed as entertainment - not as an oracle. Who had heard of Tesla pre this programme? Perhaps 10% of those who know it's an electric car now

Half of it isn't even entertainment, it's just silly. I still watch it because occasionally they produce a genuinely entertain and/or informing article.

Top Gear has gone downhill because the humour is so scripted now it's cringeworthy. Combine that with Richard Hammond's woeful attempts at pretending to be Clarkson and it just gets stupid. They also try and have so-called "on-running gags" like someone leaving the handbrake off their car which are flopping like a wet fish.

They still do the odd good thing like the Senna tribute but they just need to let the 3 presenters be themselves a bit more like they were 5 years ago and it'll get better.

As for Tesla, top gear had 2 or 3 Teslas they were testing and each of them had different reliability issues. I think the motor was overheating on one and on the other it failed after about 50 miles. If the faults were genuine Tesla don't really have any cause for complaint.

Personally I like Top Gear. I like cars, but view it more as an entertainment show that involves cars at some point. I'd agree that the last series wasn't as good as previous series, but I genuinely think they have produced some great documentaries - Vietnam, South America, US Road Trip, Arctic trip etc. I like the road tests they do in Europe and the UK, although I'd agree that sometimes they need to be a bit more imaginative about their races from x to y. Sure, some of it's a bit tired and old, but overall it's one of the few programmes I actually miss when it's not on. As for the snow plough thing, that's just 3 blokes cocking about.....a way of making a point in a not very serious way.