Swansea,how many?

surrey1saint

As a Swans fan (living in in Totton 10 years, and Saints member), I hope you have a great day. You should be most welcome.

Remember, Swansea are NOT Cardiff. Far from it . . . . . .

No tickets on Sale on the day for away fans (it's complicated and idiotic, but there you are), so get your ticket in good time.

Official bus is best option. Virtually zero parking nearby. There is some sort of away park and ride i think, but you'd have to check online.

Stadium not in most salubrious area of Swansea, ahem, if you get my drift.

You probably won't get into pubs near stadium if wearing colours.

If wearing colours and alone, avoid Rossi's chippy near stadium. Pond scum who have no connection to football club may be nearby looking to smack you. Danger begins and ends there, unless you want to play Billy Big ********, in which case . . . . you know how this ends.

If you want pubs in town before the game, make for Wind street (as in winding in a fishing line, not the gale force type). Left out of station.

One of two games of the season I won't be supporting the saints :D

ATB

As a Swans fan (living in in Totton 10 years, and Saints member), I hope you have a great day. You should be most welcome.

No tickets on Sale on the day for away fans (it's complicated and idiotic, but there you are), so get your ticket in good time.

Official bus is best option. Virtually zero parking nearby. There is some sort of away park and ride i think, but you'd have to check online.

If wearing colours and alone, avoid Rossi's chippy near stadium. Pond scum who have no connection to football club may be nearby looking to smack you. Danger begins and ends there, unless you want to play Billy Big ********, in which case . . . . you know how this ends.

If you want pubs in town before the game, make for Wind street (as in winding in a fishing line, not the gale force type). Left out of station.

ATB

Thanks for that coz i was thinking bout going there on my way home from oop north! :(

Despite venturing into a Third World country the majority of us are visiting a new ground so I reckon we'll have a decent number there, just like Donny a few weeks back.

Think beers wise we'll be drinking near the station then getting a taxi to the ground. I've spoken to some mates who have been there before with Forest, lets just say that the Swansea fans aren't the most welcoming around.

Despite venturing into a Third World country . . . .

Ironically, despite the fact you are oh so wrong, you will see nothing to change your mind. (For nice bits head West.) If 5h1t finds its own level it would flow past the station to the Liberty and then all the way to C-diff, forming the foetid foundations of the New Onion Park. :D

Think beers wise we'll be drinking near the station then getting a taxi to the ground.

There is a bus stop on the other side of the road where you can get a bus. Even if you are wearing colours you'll be OK. Don't expect a bus for the return back to town. I swear they cancel the busses for 2 hours afterwards. It's a 30 minute walk back, uphill, to town.

As for pubs on exiting the station - go left (well that's straight on as you see it). Do not go right. Even I haven't been in the pubs immediately right of the station. They look rough as ****.

3 minutes walk takes you past all the non-descript pubs to the large chain pubs on Wind street (after the huge Argos) - Wetherspoons, Yates, Square etc.

I've spoken to some mates who have been there before with Forest, lets just say that the Swansea fans aren't the most welcoming around.

He turned right out of the station didn't he? :D

A long time ago this FEC nonesense got right up our noses and we took great pleasure in the fact they couldn't get out of League 1.

Now we're just rather irritated by their constant whining about life not being fair etc.

Unwelcoming to Notts. Forest? You could say that.

It's a well trodden path. Feel free to make the same mistakes, if you must.

You don't have to though. You might even have a good time.

Ironically, despite the fact you are oh so wrong, you will see nothing to change your mind. (For nice bits head West.) If 5h1t finds its own level it would flow past the station to the Liberty and then all the way to C-diff, forming the foetid foundations of the New Onion Park. :D

In fairness Sotonswan I don't mind Wales really, more of a **** take as I have many friends from from near Bridgend. I've been to Swansea before to complete the Mumbles mile but we got a lift in then a taxi out so by that time we left you can imagine what state we were in!

I'm looking forward to it and cheers for the info about Wind Street.

Yep, I'd agree with this. Don't assume they're ****s just because Cardiff are

There's a fairly big car park open on match days just across the road. It costs £5 to get in I think, although to guarentee a space I'd get there at least 10-15 minutes early. There's also a shopping place with a Morrisons etc. in the the other direction, with a free car park but you can only park their for 2 hours I think, and I'd imagine they're strict about it on matchdays!

Yup, agreed

Yea, Wind Street is the obvious choice. In fact you're a bit spoilt for choice of pubs/bars/clubs in Wind street especially if you're there for a night out after too!

There's also the Kingsway which has Oceana and a Spoons amongst a few other places.

:o :o :o

ATB

Anyone know possible routes for train station - pub - stadium?

Like mentioned above. Head straight ahead out of the station (or left depending how you look at things), towards Wind Street (less than 5 minute walk from the station).

If you're going from there to the stadium you can either

a) taxi-there's a taxi rank behind the train station. It'll probably cost about £5 to get to the stadium.

b)bus-I haven't been for a while but busses run from the Quadrent (near Tesco). I don't know what number bus it'd be, but I'd expect it'd be heading towards Morriston (just ask the driver).

c)Walk-It's about a 30-40 minute walk to the stadium from town. Personally, I'd avoid the slightly scummy bits mentioned to the right of the station, but if you do wish to go that way, go right out of the station and keep going til you get to trafic lights with a bridge near by. Go right at the lights and follow the road (look at a map....no doubt much more reliable than my directions http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl ).

Thanks for that coz i was thinking bout going there on my way home from oop north! :(

You could just order your tickets and collect them from the stadium.

And people used to tell me that no good would come out of living in Wales for 5 years. :cool:

just a reminder to all:

Swansea do not sell on the day. Therefore, your last chance to get a ticket is 3pm on Friday (tomorrow). Any tickets purchased online or on the telephone can be collected on the day at Swansea.

Hope this helps........

Ticket Office, you should befriend some-one

"Ticket Office hasn't made any friends yet" doesn't look so great.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: