why this place is dying

patred44

Maybe the problem is that we lock too many threads. If we kept say 'Stewards' open and had all the debate about stewards in there then it wouldn't keep coming up. Perhaps saints web should run a wikileaks style internet site that it totally anti-government and is burried deep beneath the dell...

It is getting a tad tedious with people making the same comments over and over again.

Ok, I get the whole not agreeing with someone but then to harp on about it continuously...seriously? Take the rumours thread - would expect rumours on there not tit for tat ruddy arguments of Saints are the best/Saints are the worst. Being ironic/sarcastic etc.

Good post and I respect your thoughts mate, do not agree with the 'low-brow bullies' part though. I could see that a (very) casual viewer of the site might think that, however if you stay for a few moments longer you get to know the dynamic - some posters 'on-line' persona is an obvious creation and in many cases a lot of fun once you embrace their modus operandi, if you get my drift.

This site is full of fantastic posters - the majority, yet there are 100% spoilers on here too, that is what turns people off to it frequently.

Oh...and 'The Stain'...the UI has only been going 23 years...funny comment all the same.

Well Essruu's on there. ;)

People announcing that they've ignored someone irks me. Ignoring someone on a forum is infantile enough on its own. Announcing it reminds me of primary school. "We're not friends anymore". Noblets.

The reason this place is dying is because all the decent posters that provide a bit of humour and controversy have been or are threated with being banned. Those that are left have to rein themselves in our they'll be out too when the leaders decided to flex their muscles.

The other reason is there is only room for one opinion on this forum. Unless you think that Cortese is god, Adkins is Jesus and the pair of them getting the biggest, richest club with the biggest and best squad promoted from the third tier of English football was the greatest promotion since John the fisherman became John the Baptist then you are subject to all sorts of abuse.

A lot of posters on here seem to live in some little fantasy world where Saints are on an unstoppable charge to champions league glory and anyone that dares to stand up to this fantatical and unrealistic view is put in the cyber stocks with cyber rotten tomatoes hurled at them by the lynch mob on here. It's interesting to note that EVERYONE who dare to say anything remotely negative is subject to torrents of abuse from the usual suspects, stand up to it and you get tagged teamed into submission.

Until people on here get a bit more realistic about where and what SFC are, a newly promoted championship club and stop dreaming of playing champions league football in front of 50,000 fans this place will never improve. It'll still be full of what could be, should be and might be and anyone who dares to question it will be hung out to dry by the cyber lynch mob on a witch hunt to destroy the infidels.

Edited by Turkish

This place is near death. It isn't reflective of our fanbase any longer, who on the whole I think are pretty chuffed with life as a Saints fan, rather than existing in some sort of cyberverse.

I used to love looking on here for gossip and Saints related stuff, but now I have to read grown men having pathetic arguments with each other, trying to win an extra point in some contest that is only ever decided by one of them getting banned.

Very sad.

The reason this place is dying is because all the decent posters that provide a bit of humour and controversy have been or are threated with being banned. Those that are left have to rein themselves in our they'll be out too when the leaders decided to flex their muscles.

The other reason is there is only room for one opinion on this forum. Unless you think that Cortese is god, Adkins is Jesus and the pair of them getting the biggest, richest club with the biggest and best squad promoted from the third tier of English football was the greatest promotion since John the fisherman became John the Baptist then you are subject to all sorts of abuse.

A lot of posters on here seem to live in some little fantasy world where Saints are on an unstoppable charge to champions league glory and anyone that dares to stand up to this fantatical and unrealistic view is put in the cyber stocks with cyber rotten tomatoes hurled at them by the lynch mob on here. It's interesting to note that EVERYONE who dare to say anything remotely negative is subject to torrents of abuse from the usual suspects, stand up to it and you get tagged teamed into submission.

Until people on here get a bit more realistic about where and what SFC are, a newly promoted championship club and stop dreaming of playing champions league football in front of 50,000 fans this place will never improve. It'll still be full of what could be, should be and might be and anyone who dares to question it will be hung out to dry by the cyber lynch mob on a witch hunt to destroy the infidels.

Some of this is true, but at least ONE of the owners isn't particularly pro-Cortese, so I don't think there's any kind of Party Line being followed, and I'm not entirely sure the capacity for debate is exhausted - although at the moment the topics might be...

I do think the Deppo banning is a bit of a breakpoint though.