why this place is dying

patred44

Definitely needs more humour. I say more sarcastic posts. There's plenty of space for serious topics and all the depressed vitriol over how often the team you've chosen to follow will kick a ball into a goal in August.

Perhaps making the ignore button work would stop people complaining? It's pointless when certain posters who make the same tired moans every 5 seconds and want to be some kind of 'forum celeb' just get quoted endlessly. On facebook if you block someone everything they do is gone. Could that be done on here? No quotes, no comments, threads they start don't appear, just all gone?

Agree. Sort out the ignore facility. Otherwise there is no point having certain posters from Glasgow and Austria on ignore if people continue to quote them.

1 - You have to pay (Only mongs pay to use a webpage)

2 - Muppet show is not the same as it used to because the mods found threads like "bewbs" offensive and banned the decent posters

3 - Power Hungry Mods

4 - You have mongs bigging up some cr*p flag design made in Paint

5 - Saintweb getting scared they will get sued if you post something controversial

6 - The same threads every week after a game (Stewards, OB, Singing too fast, Block 42 mongs etc etc)

This

Perhaps making the ignore button work would stop people complaining? It's pointless when certain posters who make the same tired moans every 5 seconds and want to be some kind of 'forum celeb' just get quoted endlessly. On facebook if you block someone everything they do is gone. Could that be done on here? No quotes, no comments, threads they start don't appear, just all gone?

Yep, they are almost as sad as the pathetic tw*ts who develop some sort of fetish obsession with consistently moaning about specific fellow posters...

2 - Muppet show is not the same as it used to because the mods found threads like "bewbs" offensive and banned the decent posters

3 - Power Hungry Mods

5 - Saintweb getting scared they will get sued if you post something controversial

6 - The same threads every week after a game (Stewards, OB, Singing too fast, Block 42 mongs etc etc)

yes, because your contribution was so much better!

[/b]

Agree. Sort out the ignore facility. Otherwise there is no point having certain posters from Glasgow and Austria on ignore if people continue to quote them.

I would have thought that if you don't want to read certain posters' contributions, AND you don't want to read other posters' responses to those posters, even though it's a piece of p*ss just to scroll past them, you should think seriously whether an internet forum is for you at all.

I would have thought that if you don't want to read certain posters' contributions, AND you don't want to read other posters' responses to those posters, even though it's a piece of p*ss just to scroll past them, you should think seriously whether an internet forum is for you at all.

Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!! The best statement yet. So, all those of you who want to ignore me know what to do now !

Just thought I'd quote this for all the delicate flowers out there

Thanks for the quote. Sums up why this place is dying. Certain people are allowed to verbally abuse others all the time. Others spend all their lives trolling on here waiting for a bite. BTW I'm no delicate flower, just a Saints fan who comes on here for news/discussion about the club and someone who follows them home and away and doesn't sit behind a keyboard moaning about the club/team/players etc all the time, predicting Saints will lose every game during, will not sign anyone or should have appointed Hoddle again thousands of times.

3 - Power Hungry Mods

6 - The same threads every week after a game (Stewards, OB, Singing too fast, Block 42 mongs etc etc)[/quote

This is what I enjoy - grown up, constructive argument/debate. Very helpful and well thought out. As a "mong" who has paid my £5, can please tell me what "mong" is short for? I would love to know what I am living up to, and if the word is actually acceptable.

3 - Power Hungry Mods

6 - The same threads every week after a game (Stewards, OB, Singing too fast, Block 42 mongs etc etc)[/quote

This is what I enjoy - grown up, constructive argument/debate. Very helpful and well thought out. As a "mong" who has paid my £5, can please tell me what "mong" is short for? I would love to know what I am living up to, and if the word is actually acceptable.

Mongloid

Thanks for the quote. Sums up why this place is dying. Certain people are allowed to verbally abuse others all the time. Others spend all their lives trolling on here waiting for a bite. BTW I'm no delicate flower, just a Saints fan who comes on here for news/discussion about the club and someone who follows them home and away and doesn't sit behind a keyboard moaning about the club/team/players etc all the time, predicting Saints will lose every game during, will not sign anyone or should have appointed Hoddle again thousands of times.

At least Alpine has a point of view, and he's sometimes right. This place is boring enough as it is without us all agreeing and posting nothing but worthy sensible comments.

[/b]

I only log on to read Andrews posts.

At least Alpine has a point of view, and he's sometimes right. This place is boring enough as it is without us all agreeing and posting nothing but worthy sensible comments.

I cannot remember a single occasion of him ever being right. Ever.

I agree with the latter sentence though.

I hope they have alpines unusual shirt size in stock when the new kit is released. He won't be happy if he has to wait again.

Because it's easily covered in any of the "HCDAJFU", "Paper talk", "Sharp Rumour heats up" or "Jack Cork offer accepted" threads.

So nothing to do with you wanting to come across all important.

Having a differing opinion,or not conforming with the majority appears to be a cardinal sin.

If you do,be prepared for personal abuse as opposed to rational debate.

No flexibility of thought with many on here.

Edited by saint lard

Having a differing opinion,or conforming with the majority appears to be a cardinal sin.

It has always been this way. I said the exact same thing last week and was laughed at by the worst perpetrators!

Burley's second season. In pre-season, Alps went on and on about how poor-to-non-existent our centre backs were. He was certainly right then.

Having a differing opinion,or conforming with the majority appears to be a cardinal sin.

I agree with this and the stupid thing is that most arguments are based on a subjective opinion, such as is Player A a good player? How can that be validated? It's just a personal opinion and whilst you can put up arguments to suggest why you have a certain viewpoint you can never be certain either way. I actually like people having differing opinions - it makes life fun but it gets tedious when some posters outright reject something.

I don't think there's a place on earth, real or virtual, where I care less what people think of me.

Only teasing. I named a cambage in your honour. Jeff is a savoy and i'm nurturing him to enter in the village show.

I see the whining minority have got there own way again on here, and had this lighthearted thread moved.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?30979-nice-signing

I despair of some on here.

Only last week I renewed my membership on here, had this happened before that I definately wouldn't have wanted to

To the administrators on here, get a life and stop cow tailing to few who have no sense of humour.. The last few weeks there has been less and less threads on here, maybe you should start to ask those whiners to start a few instead of whinging and whining about others that are encouraging conversation.

I don't give a rat's ass if this leads to my being censored in any way, but if you do over this, I will know you want this place not to be for the ordinary joe, but for those who think they are above the usual banter and humour of a NORMAL fans forum..

I will be just another figure amongst all those who don't come on here anymore, because of the snooty attitude of few that are want-a-be censors on this forum.

Just to bring the thread back to it's roots, I completely agree with the OP. It's close season, there's not much happening Saints-wise and therefore this place will be somewhat quiet, but I cannot for the life of me understand the 'moderation' on this occasion. And yes, it does appear as if a few on here (non-moderators) are intent on spoiling it for many others. The evidence is in the number of really interesting ex-posters who do not bother now because of the insults and infantile thread hijacking.

Not sure how much longer I'll bother with the membership to be honest - £5 or not, I come on here to engage with like-minded Saints fans, even if we don't see eye to eye. There are quite a few now who watch but don't post - probably because there's a controlling 'clique' of posters who are just dismissive of others opinions and on many occasions very offensive. I suspect they're known to the moderators here - perhaps mates off-line...who knows. Perhaps sooner or later it will be a case of "who cares"?

Just to bring the thread back to it's roots, I completely agree with the OP. It's close season, there's not much happening Saints-wise and therefore this place will be somewhat quiet, but I cannot for the life of me understand the 'moderation' on this occasion. And yes, it does appear as if a few on here (non-moderators) are intent on spoiling it for many others. The evidence is in the number of really interesting ex-posters who do not bother now because of the insults and infantile thread hijacking.

Not sure how much longer I'll bother with the membership to be honest - £5 or not, I come on here to engage with like-minded Saints fans, even if we don't see eye to eye. There are quite a few now who watch but don't post - probably because there's a controlling 'clique' of posters who are just dismissive of others opinions and on many occasions very offensive. I suspect they're known to the moderators here - perhaps mates off-line...who knows. Perhaps sooner or later it will be a case of "who cares"?

I totally agree mate. Glad there are more who are speaking out.

It has always been this way. I said the exact same thing last week and was laughed at by the worst perpetrators!

Totally agree. Its got to the stage now that you can't post anything without someone (we all know who) ripping your thread to pieces if you word it slightly wrong or don't have 100% proof to back up something. They then go on and on until you have to let them have the last word.

We all have posters who we don't agree with all the time but generally accept their views, but so many threads get ruined by the matter of fact police.

I disagree. I think that everybody criticises everyone evenly on here. It's just that some people feel sorry for themselves and make out that they are victimised.

Not true IMO.

I don't think anyone has a problem if somebody else criticises an opinion. But that's not what we're talking about here. As an example, the difference would be me telling you I disagree with your POV (as above) or just dismissing your opinion and calling you a mong (or some other equally offensive name).

Frankly I couldn't give a monkeys d1ck what an internet warrior calls me, but the point of me being here is to have an adult discusssion about a Saints related topic - not get abused for the sake of it. Anyone who abuses another poster deserves to be banned completely from the main board IMO. That doesn't happen frequently enough - as I've said already the reasons probably have something to do with off-line friendships. Or perhaps the MODs are scared there'll be nobody left to post?! Who knows, perhaps the variety of posters might increase if the abuse rule was actually invoked fully (but fairly)?

But it is interesting that plenty of the characters that are upset about their treatment (and have said so on this thread) are guilty of what you have just said above. They just have a blindspot about their own actions and then get all blubbery when someone gives it back.

But it is interesting that plenty of the characters that are upset about their treatment (and have said so on this thread) are guilty of what you have just said above. They just have a blindspot about their own actions and then get all blubbery when someone gives it back.

Shut up Mong. Oh and Iris Murdoch is a journeyman (journeywoman) either way she's sh1t.

You're not wrong there...but then there's some that just blubber as a wind-up, which is kinda clever in it's own way, so long as there's no abuse involved.

It was always the way that if wanted to be 'yourself' - humor, emotive etc wise then you would post on the other excellent site the Ugly Inside and if you wanted more pc or straight FACT type stuff you would post here. There are still some real benefits to this site and a majority of great posters....however a small minority of tools. Those same afore-mentioned spoilers should go to the UI or other similar sites where they'll get a fair (cyber) fight. Most of them ain't got the balls tbf and would rather stalk others on here...one word 'get a life'

Burley's second season. In pre-season, Alps went on and on about how poor-to-non-existent our centre backs were. He was certainly right then.

He was wrong about it until the moment the first match kicked off, when his concerns actually became factual - and that was only because Alan Bennett turned out to be gash, as opposed to the decent Championship-level centre back Reading assumed they'd bought... albeit from Cork City.

Even that didn't make an entire summer of whining about it worth reading. Had we actually bought any centre-backs before the start of that first game he'd have been shown up for the panicking whiner he usually is. And even THEN we went out and got Wayne Thomas within a couple of weeks of the start of the season.

It was always the way that if wanted to be 'yourself' - humor, emotive etc wise then you would post on the other excellent site the Ugly Inside and if you wanted more pc or straight FACT type stuff you would post here. There are still some real benefits to this site and a majority of great posters....however a small minority of tools. Those same afore-mentioned spoilers should go to the UI or other similar sites where they'll get a fair (cyber) fight. Most of them ain't got the balls tbf and would rather stalk others on here...one word 'get a life'

Tim, wouldn't that depend if "yourself" came within the boundaries of what is acceptable on the Forum ? I don't post on the Ugly because I think it's full of low-brow bullies passing their insults off as banter. Can't say I usually have a problem with people on here doing the same, though there are a LOT of people getting self-righteous about other people's comments for no apparent reason - especially the ones which tend to show their comments as the illogical ill-informed nonsense they often are...

Having a differing opinion,or not conforming with the majority appears to be a cardinal sin.

I agree - abuse flows from the usual suspects on here. Opinions range from the happy clappies, in whose eyes the Saints can do no wrong, all the way to the other end of the scale to the arch critics. This is fine but there is aboslutely no need for abuse, swearing or name-calling.

Believe it or not, we are all on the same side!

Exactly. You can be as racist as you like over there and nobody gets all bloody "PC" about it. It's great for all of us old school football fans.

Is this forum really being criticised for not being racist enough? :lol:

If that's the kind of complaint you're making, then feel free to stick to the UI.

wtf are you doing awake at this hour? Ive got a decent excuse, whats yours :lol:

Good post and I respect your thoughts mate, do not agree with the 'low-brow bullies' part though. I could see that a (very) casual viewer of the site might think that, however if you stay for a few moments longer you get to know the dynamic - some posters 'on-line' persona is an obvious creation and in many cases a lot of fun once you embrace their modus operandi, if you get my drift.

This site is full of fantastic posters - the majority, yet there are 100% spoilers on here too, that is what turns people off to it frequently.

Oh...and 'The Stain'...the UI has only been going 23 years...funny comment all the same.